• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Make Trengove captain now!

DeeZee

One of the best ways to move on from the whole Scully saga, and dissapointing 2011 would be to reward Jack the captaincy now.

He is made of the right stuff to lead us forward.

Would also send a message that we mean business and reward loyalty.

Grimes and Frawley as deputies.

That's being reactionary and pre-mature. He would make a great captain but lets not go rushing into anything.

Captain is a big decision and we would look unprofessional to change the field right now.

In a way I'm a fan of our young players taking responsibility because quiet clearly our older ones (Green, Davey in particular) haven't.

But I think Moloney is the right man to be captain, but I'd welcome a leadership group with Jones, Frawley, Grimes and especially Trengove.

I think we should start next year as a serious football club, not one that pays 6mil over 6 years to a 30 gamer, and makes him the co-captain.

As much as i'd love Grimes to lead this club, Trengove will one day become Melbourne captain, and rightly so. His on-field leadership is all class and he was born to lead!!! He can start by being the first to drive 'he who must not be named's' shoulder into the MCG turf next year.

Hell, even a part of me would applaud an idiot risking the $6,000 fine and a some-what lengthy jail-sentence, running onto the ground and giving $'s a piece of what he just served up to the MFC faithful......a big kick in the nuts.

Edited by Demon Disciple

When I heard that Kevin Sheedy was considering giving Tom Scully the co-captaincy at GWS I laughed.

The kid might be captaincy material in the future (I doubt it) but at 20 years of age in a new franchise and with all of the difficulties he's going to face next year, I thought it was a sign of complete and utter bankruptcy on a number of levels from GWS.

Money can buy a lot of things but it can't make a 20 year old kid an AFL captain.

Same applies to Jack Trengove. Two or three years down the track and with some experience in the leadership group and I wouldn't have any problems.

Let's not put too much pressure on a player who has other things to learn.

We don't even have a coach for next year yet anyway so the thought is out of the question.

When I heard that Kevin Sheedy was considering giving Tom Scully the co-captaincy at GWS I laughed.

The kid might be captaincy material in the future (I doubt it) but at 20 years of age in a new franchise and with all of the difficulties he's going to face next year, I thought it was a sign of complete and utter bankruptcy on a number of levels from GWS.

Money can buy a lot of things but it can't make a 20 year old kid an AFL captain.

Same applies to Jack Trengove. Two or three years down the track and with some experience in the leadership group and I wouldn't have any problems.

Let's not put too much pressure on a player who has other things to learn.

We don't even have a coach for next year yet anyway so the thought is out of the question.

Are you my alter ego WJ? I find myself agreeing with everything you write lately.

The next captain is a decision that must include the next coach.

Beamer isn't as serious with his weights as what he once was, as a way to prevent certain injuries But methinks he is gonna put in a huge pre-season over the summer, pumping out serious iron, walk onto the 'G next year as a Hulk doppelganger, then run clean through Scully. Sure he might miss half the season, but boy would it send a message - "we aren't to be fu@#ed with".

Then in unison, the members wing stand as one applauding, with "go number 22" reverberating around the 'G, lol.

Edited by Demon Disciple

I can't help but think of Paul Kelly's words when I think of Trengove's response following the Skilled Stadiunm debacle

They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn

And in the hour of greatest slaughter the great avenger is being born

If he keeps it up he will be captain of the MFC one day and lets hope he will be our avenger

Edited by Ascobar

It is certainly time to move on very quickly from this whole $orry $cully $ydney $heedy $aga, and Trenners for at least vc if not captain would he a great way to do so.

I can't help but think of Paul Kelly's words when I think of Trengove's response following the Skilled Stadiunm debacle

They say the darkest hour is right before the dawn

And in the hour of greatest slaughter the great avenger is being born

If he keeps it up he will be captain of the MFC one day and lets hope he will be our avenger

Love this!

This should be our new mantra going forward.

and the villian is the terrible ...."Black Cloud"

Trengove will make a good captain, but not just yet. He shows all the signs of leadership, but is still very young and needs time to mature first. Making him captain too soon would not be good for his development.

Awarding him with number 9 was a prophetic move! :)

sorry guys but I just heard Byron Pickett will be captain for one game next year against GWS and his day will consist of lining the 6 million dollar man up from 150 metres away and then he will retire again.

Now I want to make a comment to all those who think Trengrove is not ready...what a load of BS.

Worsfold was Capt of the Roidsters at 22 years young.

Get a grip folks...the MFC must take a bold step here and support young JT as our next Capt. in 3 years he will be cherry ripe to lead us into the GF. DO IT NOW!!

Beamer isn't as serious with his weights as what he once was, as a way to prevent certain injuries But methinks he is gonna put in a huge pre-season over the summer, pumping out serious iron, walk onto the 'G next year as a Hulk doppelganger, then run clean through Scully. Sure he might miss half the season, but boy would it send a message - "we aren't to be fu@#ed with".

Then in unison, the members wing stand as one applauding, with "go number 22" reverberating around the 'G, lol.

Wouldn't be surprised if Beamer goes to the MRP after our first game with GWS next year.....

Thought JT's tweet about the $cully $aga was perfect.

"Disappointing news about Skulls today! Life goes on. On a better note though @calemorton and marts have re-signed. Bring on 2012".

Not once has he wished him luck or that he understands his decision. Perhaps JT should run social networking classes down at the bubble dome.

Just need Brad Green to come out and tweet something similar to JT. Again, it doesn't have to be a personal attack, but a statement that this MFC team are focused on massive improvement in 2012 now that all distractions are gone. Perhaps he needs to do it after the coach has been announced.

Trenner's for captain...just not 2012 (I'm happy with 2012 if he takes another step forward next year).

Thinking about the club's latest collateral, especially Generation D, think there's a big chance of James Frawley for 2012 captain. He's a few years ahead of JT and Watts, committed with every fibre in his body, and

he just plays every week. In the mould of his uncle at the Saints. And could drag the team along with him.

Edited by Allus Monk