Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom Scully in September ...

Grandson of a gun

the point is it doesn't always equal 4..

Ah...but more often than not it does !!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the very type of argument that the Christian Right in Kansas (who flatly refuse to teach evolutionary theory in schools) put to Christopher Hitchens in response to his rational arguments as to the existence of God - ie, you can't prove it, so I won't believe it.

The point is that the 'official statement' has not yet been made. Everyone knows and accepts that. However, that doesn't mean that the underlying facts don't exist - it merely means that they have not been 'announced' yet. And it is clear to me that, absent an 'official' announcement, some people steadfastly refuse to believe what most people know to be fact. Head in the sand stuff.

I'm interested to know how these people will react if, as many expect, Scully announces next week that he will be wearing the grey and orange in 2012.

Fair enough RB, you maybe right....But tell me why the MFC has not already announced this as fact....we gain nothing from with holding back if the deal is done.

It is for that reason i still hold out some hope...."no news is good news" as they say.

Fair enough RB, you maybe right....But tell me why the MFC has not already announced this as fact....we gain nothing from with holding back if the deal is done.

It is for that reason i still hold out some hope...."no news is good news" as they say.

Perhaps we can have Jonno Patton if we bow down and be quiet...

MFC don't know yet, because if they did they would have mentioned it after the Power game.

Only some Demonland posters know because they heard it through friends/neighbours of GWS officials, or whatever.

Perhaps we can have Jonno Patton if we bow down and be quiet...

LOL a potential gun FF for confidentiality. I'd take that deal in a heartbeat.

Then I'd ring Noddy and tell him to get his little clay car ready because we will be going out to celebrate. You know.. in the land of Noddy and all..

The reality is as many are want to suggest we dont know what goes on behind closed doors. This is an extremely volatile period regarding picks and trading. The sculldugery surrounding Tom ( sorry hard to resist) is only part of the game. There are the on trades GWS has at its disposal etc etc. . There is much jockeying for position for what scraps and morsels become available. The Giants are in the box seat and we must to a point play a game or at least feign playing it if we are to emerge with booty.

So the MFC will let GWS take the lead, nothing to really gain by not doing so. Wise heads ought to prevail here.

MFC don't know yet, because if they did they would have mentioned it after the Power game.

Only some Demonland posters know because they heard it through friends/neighbours of GWS officials, or whatever.

Because it's not their information to announce. The poacher gets to boast about what they've claimed - not the vanquished.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I genuinely don't think I am.

And Slooooony - to my mind, you're not covering yourself in glory at the moment. The cliches you're pumping out are boring and unintelligent. Some posters have seemingly heard things (this forum is about such Demon related issues), but out of respect for the discloser we're minded not to put their identity on the web. That's not to suggest the content is not submitted in good faith, or irrelevant to the issue, or untrue. Perhaps this point is too subtle for you at this point in time.

Lol Burgandy- "The poacher gets to boast about what they've claimed, not the vanquished"... You are suggesting we should keep schtum because the "poacher gets to boast?" What world are you living in? There is now honour shown to thieves? They get to steal from us and they get the luxury of disclosing it on their own watch?

That's absurd, unfounded crap. Many parades have been rained upon.

I'm not looking for names of sources. I couldn't give a crap to be honest. Unless Scully, his management or the MFC release an OFFICIAL statement I won't buy into speculation.

And I understand why people in most cases won't name their sources. It's not a case of not being able to pick "subtitles." Also if I may add, I am not here to drape myself in glory you patronizing whale [censored].

This is (hopefully) the last thing I will write before the decision is known...

The MFC would have no knowledge of Tom agreeing to go to the GWS.

If they did they would be informing us and confirming their compensation.

Qui bono?

We certainly don't.

There is no logical step for the MFC to keep that information to themselves.

Therefore, the club does not know of Tom's decision yet.

Guest Range.Rover

This is (hopefully) the last thing I will write before the decision is known...

The MFC would have no knowledge of Tom agreeing to go to the GWS.

If they did they would be informing us and confirming their compensation.

Qui bono?

We certainly don't.

There is no logical step for the MFC to keep that information to themselves.

Therefore, the club does not know of Tom's decision yet.

Oh my I can't this slide. You are interminable Rpfc! (yes this is the same RR)

Yourself, WYL and others keep citing the silence of the MFC as evidence that they have not yet heard from the boy.

You are so far off the mark it is barely believable that you haven't cottoned on yet.

The MFC have remained silent because we are complicit in the whole affair. A deal was done yonks ago! Read Bezelbub's post above for just one reason as to why.

Seriously, when the final act in this Oscar-worthy charade plays out this week and you still refuse to open your eyes to the reality that Kevin Sheedy has been channeling Lex Luthor with the evil blessing of a megalomaniacal Cypriot, then someone needs to step in and provide you with a seeing-eye dog on humanitarian grounds.

Edited by Range.Rover

Because it's not their information to announce. The poacher gets to boast about what they've claimed - not the vanquished.

Like the way they got to announce Davis & Ward were signing with them before Adealide & Western Bulldogs did? :rolleyes:

Personally I'd love nothing more then to hear a press conference called for 11am on Tuesday at the MCG.

Upon the media entering there is a long table with 8 people sitting on the table with 3 key figure heads Stynes, G. Lyon & McLardy sitting in the middle.

Upon the conference starting Stynes/G. Lyon/McLardy inform everyone that the conference has been called to announce some major signings for MFC.

Firstly to informing everyone that West, Royal & O'Donnell are no longer assistant coaches at MFC and that in their place Melbourne have appointed

Dean Laidley - New Backline Coach

Luke Power - New Midfield Coach (love to kill off GWS picking him up as a player.) &

Todd Viney - Back to his role as a player development coach.

However the two most important announcements are that:

Tom Scully - Signed on for a further 4 years for approx only $350,000 a season, well under what GWS were offering. And:

Ross Lyon - Has signed a 3 year deal to coach MFC.

Then to hear the usual from Scully that money was never a factor and he always wanted to stay with MFC, however just on his managers advice from his first season he'd decided they wouldn't sign till the end of this season just so he can see what other options were.

Then Rossy Lyon & some of his new assistants to talk about how the chance to take up a coaching role with this team was to great an opportunity to pass up.

Then the week following the grand final a press release from Melbourne to inform everyone that Mark Williams (current assistant, not Chocco) & Chris Connolly have been let go by the club also, but in their place the club have appointed:

Scott Watters - Head Assistant Coach &

Cameron Bruce (delisted by Hawthorn) - As new General Manager of Football operations.

Again usual speal of Watters wanting a new challenege of a head assistant role with the changing landscape at Collingwood and that Melbourne are perfectly placed to make a run for bigger and better things.

Bruce to say how he's thrilled to be given the opportunity to come back to the club, especially as it will be in a role where he has the chance to improve the sometimes strained relation ship between the Melbourne players & admin.

Press release also to read that Stef Martin, Jack Fitzpatrick & Joel MacDonald have all signed 2 year contract extentions & that Brad Green & Austin Wonaemirri have signed 1 year extentions.

Then there'll be reality where none of this happens, but gee it would make for an optimistic pre season of things to come!

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Tall Defence

I hope I'm wrong about this, but I genuinely don't think I am.

And Slooooony - to my mind, you're not covering yourself in glory at the moment. The cliches you're pumping out are boring and unintelligent. Some posters have seemingly heard things (this forum is about such Demon related issues), but out of respect for the discloser we're minded not to put their identity on the web. That's not to suggest the content is not submitted in good faith, or irrelevant to the issue, or untrue. Perhaps this point is too subtle for you at this point in time.

Errrr, Dogs released a statement re Ward hours before GWS

Palmer informing Freo was made public before announcing GWS signing

Davis held a presser with the crows a couple of months ago, his official unveiling was this week

Every incumbent club thus far in the GC / GWS saga has made a statement first

I stand by if MFC knew, we'd know

Until someone gives me a SENSIBLE and LOGICAL reason why we'd hold back, that's my belief

Edited by Viney12

Yourself, WYL and others keep citing the silence of the MFC as evidence that they have not yet heard from the boy.

You are so far off the mark it is barely believable that you haven't cottoned on yet.

The MFC have remained silent because we are complicit in the whole affair. A deal was done yonks ago! Read Bezelbub's post above for just one reason as to why.

Seriously, when the final act in this Oscar-worthy charade plays out this week and you still refuse to open your eyes to the reality that Kevin Sheedy has been channeling Lex Luthor with the evil blessing of a megalomaniacal Cypriot, then someone needs to step in and provide you with a seeing-eye dog on humanitarian grounds.

Do you actually know this? Or are you guessing?

Do you actually know this? Or are you guessing?

He's guessing

MFC would have nothing to lose in announcing last week if they knew, TS would've had a week + to think about it, considering he was injured before the last game, that's plenty of time

The ONLY reason IMO I can see if TS has told MFC he's leaving and we've kept it quiet is because they've asked for a week to convince him otherwise (i.e. potentially a coach appointment to be announced this week etc.)

Pretty sure you said you wouldn't write in this thread until after the decision?

I stand by if MFC knew, we'd know

Until someone gives me a SENSIBLE and LOGICAL reason why we'd hold back, that's my belief

Completely agree (still).

Range Rover's "everyone's in on it" certainly doesn't qualify, it assumes Tom Scully is the only stakeholder they need to look after. Sweeping it under the carpet in this manner would be dreadful PR from the club and a shameful way to treat its members and its 40 or so other players. Unless the club is run by complete incompetents, if they found out then he should've been shown the door immediately.

If Scully leaves I'll be mad at him, but if RR's theory turns out to be the truth I'd be so much more angry at the club that it'd be incomparable.

The more likely scenario as posted by old55 a number of times is that Scully deliberately delayed the decision so that if he did decide to take the coin, he wouldn't have to spend the year lying to his teammates (as he genuinely hadn't decided anything and possibly hadn't looked at the offers) and being spat on in the Casey Reserves.

A bit of a Hutchy-esque scoop... although it has already been mentioned, so this is just confirmation. I recieved a call this morning at 8:20am from one of my best mates who is jetting off on a holiday. Anyway, Tom Scully was two people in front of him at check-in... flying to Sydney. Apparently, Hutchy was there with a film crew too

There is confirmation that he must be checking out the facilities today.

A bit of a Hutchy-esque scoop... although it has already been mentioned, so this is just confirmation. I recieved a call this morning at 8:20am from one of my best mates who is jetting off on a holiday. Anyway, Tom Scully was two people in front of him at check-in... flying to Sydney. Apparently, Hutchy was there with a film crew too

Gone.

Surely Hutchy would want to get him at the other end? Or are they travelling together? Like most of Hutchy's door stops I would tip this was prearranged. By GWS in this case.

Edited by diesel

So Scully was going to Sydney alone without anyone, just by himself? :P

Edited by Dees

Gone.

.... to Sydney, to check out their facilities. If he is seriously weighing up all of the offers then this should be expected. If he has already made his mind up to go then why would you go through the charade of a visit?

:rolleyes: