Petterd abused

7-UP

A one week suspension & AFL Counselling for that!!!

How Pathetic...Mark Wbber was right...This is indeed a Nanny State and getting worse....

For what exactly - we don't know what was said? How do you feel about racial vilification? Should the stamping out of vilification of women be treated as any less important (well in fact it is, as Sherman got 4 weeks for racial vilification)?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A one week suspension & AFL Counselling for that!!!

How Pathetic...Mark Wbber was right...This is indeed a Nanny State and getting worse....

Actually it was West COast who suspended him so that's Western Australia!

Not sure why people think it's ok to abuse someone's Mum? I would be very very unhappy about someone abusing my mum! All the best sledgers never bring someone's family into it. Warnie never did, Boony and Healy never did. The eagles bloke just wasn't clever enough to think of something decent.

Actually it was West COast who suspended him so that's Western Australia!

Not sure why people think it's ok to abuse someone's Mum? I would be very very unhappy about someone abusing my mum! All the best sledgers never bring someone's family into it. Warnie never did, Boony and Healy never did. The eagles bloke just wasn't clever enough to think of something decent.

I went through 12 years of school with a disability so i can vouch for getting a tough time....I just think society needs to Harden up. But that is my opinion.

As a kid if i came off my bike in the street and cut my knee i would ride home, get a Band Aid and some Mychurecrome?? (That Red Stuff!!) and get back on my bike.

Now if the same thing happens the council gets sued for a dangerous piece of Pavement...!!!

A comment was made on the footy field...Get on the phone & apologize...I think that is enough.

Edited by why you little

I went through 12 years of school with a disability so i can vouch for getting a tough time....I just think society needs to Harden up. But that is my opinion.

As a kid if i came off my bike in the street and cut my knee i would ride home, get a Band Aid and some Mychurecrome?? (That Red Stuff!!) and get back on my bike.

Now if the same thing happens the council gets sued for a dangerous piece of Pavement...!!!

A comment was made on the footy field...Get on the phone & apologize...I think that is enough.

In a lot of regards, you are 100% right WYL. But, we don't know the full story. Put it this way, what would you do if it were a player saying something about Aussie's Dad? Or to one of our other player's about Jimmy's personal situation/battles? Unless we know the facts, we got nuffin!

Are you two serious?

A few 'mum jokes' hardly warrants a suspension.

As a mum myself, I do find that offensive. Why should it be ok for someone to villify me, just to get a reaction from one of my children? Have they ever met me? Do they know me? I have been in a position where someone has personally attacked me just to hurt someone else - and it is a really bad feeling. If I have done something to offend someone, then fair enough if they voice their complaint, but don't just use me as a weapon.

It's a substandard act, pulled by someone who obviously does not have enough faith in his footy to play it properly.

Go Ricky, stand up for your Mum!

Guest The Tweed Pig

This is political correctness gone mad. There's not one thing that he could have said about his Mum that warranted this type of over-reaction.

It's a joke.

In a lot of regards, you are 100% right WYL. But, we don't know the full story. Put it this way, what would you do if it were a player saying something about Aussie's Dad? Or to one of our other player's about Jimmy's personal situation/battles? Unless we know the facts, we got nuffin!

The same Thing....Get on the Phone or go and apologize to the person eye to eye.

All this AFL Bullshite is a way to keep control....it is a heat of the moment comment.

The Cheer Squad Chants are a little different but Racial comments or sexual taunts should be sorted out with eye to eye Mediation.

Being suspended and fined is just a power play from Vlad & Anderson which helps to pay for there Weekly Lunch budget

As a mum myself, I do find that offensive. Why should it be ok for someone to villify me, just to get a reaction from one of my children? Have they ever met me? Do they know me? I have been in a position where someone has personally attacked me just to hurt someone else - and it is a really bad feeling. If I have done something to offend someone, then fair enough if they voice their complaint, but don't just use me as a weapon.

It's a substandard act, pulled by someone who obviously does not have enough faith in his footy to play it properly.

Agree with you Suzanna. Its also just plain bad sportsmanship

But what do you think should be the punishment (first offence, second offence etc)?

I don't know what was said but I reckon it would have to be serious

But the worst part of all of this.

WHO FLEW THE FLAG FOR HIM.

I mean is too much to ask a player might have some bloody heart to stick up for his mate.

Where was the bloody response from the team to a mate getting hassled

This bloody club is a mire of pathetic mediocrity it makes you want to spew

Pathetic and gutless someone should of decked this Eagles [censored]

Will no one stand up for this club it is obviously meaningless the couldn't give a shite about a bit of pride.

Do you think the likes of Judd, Pendles or Ablett have ever resorted to his kind of sledging on the field? Probably not, because they have talent.

It is only the talentless hacks of the likes of McGinnity who have to use these tactics to make up for areas they lack in.

I am not sure if I would personally get that worked up about a bit mother slandering on the playing field, but I have no problem with a nuffy getting a weeks holiday for trying to get an edge because he isn't good enough, and he needs to sink that low.

So you know the full story do you? How about waiting until the circumstances are out there. I get the feeling there is much more to this as it would be extremely unlikely that a player would get fired up like Ricky did over something as tame as a "mother" joke.

I recall in the NRL here in Sydney years ago, Mario Fenech, then playing for South Sydney Rabbitohs, suddenly burst out of a scrum and started hammering Balmain's Benny Elias (I think it was)... turns out that Benny had bee niggling with "hey Mario, zzzzzt, zzzzzt". Pretty harmless you would think, except for one minor fact - Mario had lost his brother through electrocution.

That is shocking. (sorry)

Death, disease, mental problems, & racial barbs should be off limits...

Everything else, including stuff that's completely made up - don't be a sook. Really hope Ricky's not one of those.

Totally Agree with your sentiments....Maybe the Wet Coke player should apologize to you directly eyeball to eyeball....He would absolutely shake in his boots.

All this AFL suspension and fines i find somewhat predictable, the amount of fines imposed would have sky rocketed since Vlad & co have been in charge.

Suzanna I do respect all Mums , but this is a different sphere. Its acalled a football field.. but it could be a boxing ring.. or any other filed of combative endeavour where one side seeks a mental edge over the other.

Ricky didnt dob thi sbloke in..he just moved on..as he should. He didnt give it any credence by repsonding really other than to get on with the game. This nullifies the 'nasty' jibe.

This may seem to be splitting hairs , but in all honesty theres a lot of things said on a field that would make your toes curl.

Agree with those that suggest political correctness gone mad.. Also add meddlng Umpire.

May I remind you that the abuse of his mum was not directed at his mum but at him, presumably as a sledge .

If there was more to it than a standard "your mommas so ugly" and it got personal then Ricky should just punch MC Cunty out.Seasons over for us anyhow .

Over taxed

Over policed

over governed

Over umpired

yes ,yes ,women and the AFL ,marketing etc.

Bollocks .

Do you think the likes of Judd, Pendles or Ablett have ever resorted to his kind of sledging on the field? Probably not, because they have talent.

It is only the talentless hacks of the likes of McGinnity who have to use these tactics to make up for areas they lack in.

I am not sure if I would personally get that worked up about a bit mother slandering on the playing field, but I have no problem with a nuffy getting a weeks holiday for trying to get an edge because he isn't good enough, and he needs to sink that low.

Well, Judd has his "pressure-point" eye gouge as a weapon.

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Petterd's

Mum has a serious illness on BF.

Can anyone confirm this?

Might provides some perspective for the reaction/complaint

Unacceptable in every way- shameful-Maxwell should have knocked his brain out when he hit him.Pity he didn't.Or maybe he did.

+1

from what I have heard McGinnity said he was going to rape his mum

she already has some issues

All the more reason that McGinnity should be asked to personally apologize to both Ricky & Mrs. Petterd Eye to Eye.

No Fines No suspensions & i bet you a few bucks he would never do it again.....But no the AFL must uphold its Fat Controller ways.....

I don't know what was said but I reckon it would have to be serious

But the worst part of all of this.

WHO FLEW THE FLAG FOR HIM.

I mean is too much to ask a player might have some bloody heart to stick up for his mate.

Where was the bloody response from the team to a mate getting hassled

This bloody club is a mire of pathetic mediocrity it makes you want to spew

Pathetic and gutless someone should of decked this Eagles [censored]

Will no one stand up for this club it is obviously meaningless the couldn't give a shite about a bit of pride.

Maybe you should see the replay before you comment!!