• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

In case you were wondering about Colin Sylvia ...

Cliches are cliches because they are mainly true. Here's one for you. "Are you part of the problem, or part of the solution? I was one, among a number, that said Bailey, as good a bloke as he is, should have been gone along time ago.. No doubt he could develop the characters of young men, but he was not a senior coach's bootlace. What we are now witnessing is the "hangover". Our list, in my view, is far better than what we are seeing of late, but with the right footy department, we will see us on the rise in the not too distant future.

I, like others on here, can remember far worse. In particular, the 70's through to the mid 80's. But we stuck. In terms of effort and team fundamentals, I too have been disgusted. That is the lot of any supporter of any footy club, However, what goes around comes around. Failure breeds discontent and disunity among players and supporters alike........ and yes, I have had my moments. But the Dees will be back, bigger, stronger and more determined than ever.

If you don't have the courage to stomach that roller coaster, then go away, because we don't need you to take our oxygen. In whatever way you can, if your heart truly does beat true, then stay the course, give what you can and barrack loud and clear.

That is what a true demon does. Let's not give up the ghost now. We've only just begun.!!!!

Good post follow Jimmys lead and keep fighting

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...an average of just over 1 possession each for the quarter. Nice. And in the 2nd quarter where we were blown away, again.

Obviously a week at Casey had the desired effect on Davey/Sylvia/Morton (Morton had more i think...but still....he needed more lol. Davey might have had 1& a half).

Frankly i see this as another demonstration of where we aren't at FD wise. With players coming in and out of Casey 1 week here, 2 weeks there, there's no chance of consistancy for those replacing them in the seniors, or to truly send a 'non-negotiable' message to those getting dropped (or allowing them to find a little confidence/form and a demonstration of true commitment by producing results at Casey before seeing them return).

Was it KC who said in his review that both Davey and Sylvia had little impact on the Casey result last week? Yet the very next week.... they're back in the fold.

Yet another demonstration of our FD/selection panel sending mixed signals to the playing group IMO.

Might help to explain the roller coaster a little.

If you went over the results for the year I bet you'd find a trend that would show a similar result every time we get blown away; the quarter/quarters we get destroyed will show the same guys getting the same lack of possessions.

Sylvia is a selfish player who doesn't know the meaning of TEAM.

He plays for himself not the club and his decision to kick on an impossible angle after seeing Dunn in the clear in the box should see Sylvia play out the rest of the season for Casey. He is a disgrace!

Best call I heard all day was a Melbourne supporter who got stuck into Sylvia for being slow saying "GET YOUR WALLET OUT OF YOUR BACK POCKET SYLVIA!!" cracked me up!

If that is the case what makes you think another club would be interested in a team player like that!

Cliches are cliches because they are mainly true. Here's one for you. "Are you part of the problem, or part of the solution? I was one, among a number, that said Bailey, as good a bloke as he is, should have been gone along time ago.. No doubt he could develop the characters of young men, but he was not a senior coach's bootlace. What we are now witnessing is the "hangover". Our list, in my view, is far better than what we are seeing of late, but with the right footy department, we will see us on the rise in the not too distant future.

I, like others on here, can remember far worse. In particular, the 70's through to the mid 80's. But we stuck. In terms of effort and team fundamentals, I too have been disgusted. That is the lot of any supporter of any footy club, However, what goes around comes around. Failure breeds discontent and disunity among players and supporters alike........ and yes, I have had my moments. But the Dees will be back, bigger, stronger and more determined than ever.

If you don't have the courage to stomach that roller coaster, then go away, because we don't need you to take our oxygen. In whatever way you can, if your heart truly does beat true, then stay the course, give what you can and barrack loud and clear.

That is what a true demon does. Let's not give up the ghost now. We've only just begun.!!!!

Totally agree! good post!

May be better off without Sylvia.Keep only those that are 100% comitted to the MFC.

Sylvia may be committed to MFC but just working out contract details don't forget that. Should have been played on the ball yesterday not sure why he was stuck at half forward. Still doesn't excuse the horrible bit of play where he didn't give it to Dunn. This is what happens when players are struggling, they think they are having a bad game so they need to get there name on the scoreboard.

If yesterday was any indication of his 'committment' to Melbourne, then I pass.

Guest The Tweed Pig

We will rightly keep Sylvia and he'll be far better in a good team, as he's not a midfielder's backside, but he's very lazy and even looked a bit scared out there. The season's end can't come quickly enough for a few blokes.

We will rightly keep Sylvia and he'll be far better in a good team, as he's not a midfielder's backside, but he's very lazy and even looked a bit scared out there. The season's end can't come quickly enough for a few blokes.

Im honestly unsure of why is necessarily Right. So it requires a better team to make HIMat least 'good'? Isnt he supposed to be one of the building blocks that makes the team better..and by that make others better.. Bit arse about for mine.

Lazy, scared....8 season player....

Yep...real keeper :huh:

Where on earth does this idea that a supposedly seasoned player needs better players around him in order for him to lift?

Gary Ablett Jnr still cuts it up every week for the Suns. Cotchin and Deledio are performing well enough for the Tigers. Rockliff puts in for the Lions. Just to mention a few names at a few lowly teams.

Its no excuse!

I think we're witnessing the fallout from the type of fast rebuild we had to have.

Now we have seen the results of insecurity amongst senior players, that has stemmed from the Ultimate regeneration of that rebuilt List.

The senior players would be worried about their situation with the current fasttracking of the young Talent.

This is Unsettling & deestabilising to the setup. I Imagine this is @ least a big part of the disruption. Add the contractual situation, & GWS & the new players agreements & there is a lot going on.

I think the worst we can do is to stop Mid stream & turn around to try to swim back. The direction is true, North... lets Keep momentum Up & keep chugging on.

If you went over the results for the year I bet you'd find a trend that would show a similar result every time we get blown away; the quarter/quarters we get destroyed will show the same guys getting the same lack of possessions.

When passionate players feel they are being disregarded, the fallout is Obvious. But the reasons are not.

Understanding what has happened & why is imperative to a good outcome.

Babies and Bathwater cliche's ring in the inner ear.

I think we're witnessing the fallout from the type of fast rebuild we had to have.

Now we have seen the results of insecurity amongst senior players, that has stemmed from the Ultimate regeneration of that rebuilt List.

The senior players would be worried about their situation with the current fasttracking of the young Talent.

This is Unsettling & deestabilising to the setup. I Imagine this is @ least a big part of the disruption. Add the contractual situation, & GWS & the new players agreements & there is a lot going on.

I think the worst we can do is to stop Mid stream & turn around to try to swim back. The direction is true, North... lets Keep momentum Up & keep chugging on.

Interesting stuff. I watched Silvia and Davey closely yesterday in the second quarter as I was up their end. Seemed to me neither gave a yelp. Their workrate and attack at the ball really bothered me and it looked to me as if other things were on their mind.

Guest The Tweed Pig

Where on earth does this idea that a supposedly seasoned player needs better players around him in order for him to lift?

Two points.

1. He's a finisher and finishers are at their best when they have good midfields and strong forwards to work with. Sylvia isn't a midfielders backside, which is why he struggles when he works in tandem with a crap midfield.

2. You shouldn't need to ask. You've been watching him for 8 seasons. I'm surprised I need to explain it to you. Watch footy closer.

I don't know about scared, that was one hard tackle he put on to get the ball over the boundary line. I'm glad I wasn't the one he was tackling because I think I would still be laying on the turf!

Guest The Tweed Pig

I don't know about scared, that was one hard tackle he put on to get the ball over the boundary line. I'm glad I wasn't the one he was tackling because I think I would still be laying on the turf!

Colin has always been really hard at the man with the ball. Unfortunately he's never been hard at the ball.

Colin has always been really hard at the man with the ball. Unfortunately he's never been hard at the ball.

A subtle distinction but one worth making.. Now if he could only translate one into the other !!!!;)

Required Player

A must keep 3-4 year deal is deserved

Why ?

The guy should be in the leadership group standing up when things are down .

Instead you can back it in that he'll be 1 gone missing .

He should be an elite of the competition but he's not and never will be .

He's got the sads now cause he can see the MFC gravey train exploited by many in the past drying up infront of him .

No way should he get a 3-4 year deal .

Why ?

The guy should be in the leadership group standing up when things are down .

Instead you can back it in that he'll be 1 gone missing .

He should be an elite of the competition but he's not and never will be .

He's got the sads now cause he can see the MFC gravey train exploited by many in the past drying up infront of him .

No way should he get a 3-4 year deal .

If Sylvia gets a 3/4 year deal then the MFC have learned nothing

he is and has been a serial underperformer for a long itme

Colin needs to seriously address his attitude play some good consistent games lead from the front and then maybe just maybe

he will be offered a 2 year contract He is one I would definitely put on a performance related contract

If He he wont put in then get rid of him

29 touches and 5 goals........any further comments???

His crime of inconsistency is the staple diet of the MFC.

No champion since Flower, yet his is crucified and considered trade bait for not being one.

Wake up people!