The Tom Scully Saga © continues ...

old55

And he is in the know is Connors...

Why would he stake his reputation unless he was right?

And those journos are just deafening at the moment rushing to say sorry to Taylor and the general football public for their baseless, excitable accusations...

My values are honesty and integrity; i believe the footy media..

My values are honesty and integrity; i believe the footy media...

My values are honesty and integrity; i believe the footy media....

My values are honesty and integrity; i believe the footy media.....

nope, still looks as bewildering as when I first read it.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Demons sign $6M deal with EnergyWatch

I want this to be the headline with Tom Scully's name at the end of the season.

Well except $6M

I don't really care if Scully stays or go. His selfishness has really hurt the team - I think all the public denials on its impact are BS. If he does stay the club better not be paying a king's ransom to keep him as that will only increase the damage he has done. I don't want Melbourne to pay a fortune for a spotty 19-year-old with a problem knee. He definitely shouldnt be wearing no. 31 either.

Guest Gareth Keenan

I don't really care if Scully stays or go. His selfishness has really hurt the team - I think all the public denials on its impact are BS. If he does stay the club better not be paying a king's ransom to keep him as that will only increase the damage he has done. I don't want Melbourne to pay a fortune for a spotty 19-year-old with a problem knee. He definitely shouldnt be wearing no. 31 either.

Wow. Textbook ignorance.

Really quite impressive to get so much wrong in a single post, but it's been seen many times in this thread, and previous incarnations.

Wow. Textbook ignorance.

Really quite impressive to get so much wrong in a single post, but it's been seen many times in this thread, and previous incarnations.

Thanks champ. It's my view. It's not grounded in fact because I'm not in the inner sanctum of the club. Oh hang on, neither are you...

I understand why you feel this way, many others on Land feel the same.

I don't know whether he will stay or go, but he has maintained all along his intentions, and if we have had an issue with his recalcitrance, surely we can see the reasons behind it - considering what has occurred at the club in the last month.

I don't think he is being selfish - this contract is half him and half the club he signs for. It's a big decision.

And he isn't holding the club to ransom.

Ransom requires negotiation...

Tom Scully with a strong pre season would wear the number 31 with distinction i am sure....you forget he had almost no pre season last year.

A friend of mine who was at the recent foundation heroes dinner has said that he asked Tapscott, who was on his table, if Scully would stay, to which he replied "he's gone". No proof, but I'm starting to believe that he will be gone next year, and I don't blame him, its a lot of money and his knee problems suggest that he wont have a very long AFL career. Does anyone know, for a fact, whether or not we will get 1 or 2 picks for him if he does sign with GWS?

Does anyone know, for a fact, whether or not we will get 1 or 2 picks for him if he does sign with GWS?

Anderson has stated we'd get the same deal as Ablett. But not picks 1 and 2 they'd be 2 first rounders.

Hypothetically,

If Scully leaves will it be

because the club is no further progressed than GWS. So will it be through our own ineptitude that we don't keep him

or

Money is the only factor and its what motivates.

I look at other clubs that have resigned players Daisy, Walker, and you see it as an endorsement of their clubs direction

if we don't get Scully to sign are we direction less.

I look at other clubs that have resigned players Daisy, Walker, and you see it as an endorsement of their clubs direction

Seriously?................are you some kind of masochist or just simple?

Why do so many posters just want to beat themselves up?

Seriously?

Didn't a young bloke with an equal pedigree to Scully just resign when he didn't have to, for a period of time that was longer than necessary?

Jack Trengove doesn't think we are 'direction less' he thinks we are 'direction full'...

I call syndrome!

Seriously?................are you some kind of masochist or just simple?Why do so many posters just want to beat themselves up?

It's not only pathetic, it's disingenuous.

pathetic, disingenuous, simple, masochist nice work champs

slap slap fair enough that's your prerogative.

How can you not question direction of a club if it fails to seal up its best talent

If Collingwood, Adelaide and whoever else can seal of GWS targets and we

don't what are the ramifications for where we are at. Are we 'rebuilding' forever.

Does it mean with free agency that we are destined to be raided whenever

a potential suitor comes along with a similar offer.

I am seriously circumspect that we have anything like what could be considered attractive.

The wheel may turn and turn quickly. However Scully leaving would put a nail through the already very

fragile belief that were anywhere where we need to be.

People argue its youth, on field leadership, poor coaching, too Melbourne

You call syndrome

I call it sick of failure, ineptitude and bruise free

Edited by Diablo Deemon

A friend of mine who was at the recent foundation heroes dinner has said that he asked Tapscott, who was on his table, if Scully would stay, to which he replied "he's gone". No proof, but I'm starting to believe that he will be gone next year, and I don't blame him, its a lot of money and his knee problems suggest that he wont have a very long AFL career. Does anyone know, for a fact, whether or not we will get 1 or 2 picks for him if he does sign with GWS?

Never thought i'd way into this thread as i also was sure he would say but this week have lost some confidence im probably about 50/50 now.

At the risk of throwing another stupid rumour out there as i have no idea about how he would know but here goes. A work mate of mine is a family friend of the Cotchin's and apparently Cotchin says Scuuly is going for sure.

Edited by Its Miller time

Never thought i'd way into this thread as i also was sure he would say but this week have lost some confidence im probably about 50/50 now. At the risk of throwing another stupid rumour out there as i have no idea about how he would know but here goes. A work mate of mine is a family friend of the Cotchin's and apparently Cotchin says he is going for sure.

He's Signed till the end of 2013.

He refuted strong interest from GCS

I understand why you feel this way, many others on Land feel the same.

I don't know whether he will stay or go, but he has maintained all along his intentions, and if we have had an issue with his recalcitrance, surely we can see the reasons behind it - considering what has occurred at the club in the last month.

I don't think he is being selfish - this contract is half him and half the club he signs for. It's a big decision.

And he isn't holding the club to ransom.

Ransom requires negotiation...

Yeah, I disagree. My take - rightly or wrongly - is a teenager being offered millions and refusing to sign is destabilizing for the rest of the group. Geelong admitted after the fact that that was the case with Ablett and they're a tougher group than ours. I don't understand his reasons and I've gone from desperately wanting to keep him to not caring. I want players who want to be at the club and are paid according to their ability. Players like Trengove and Watts.

Green, Moloney, Rivers, and a few others must be off then...

it really surprises me that you are questioning Moloneys passion and commitment. Surely he is one bloke you can spare those insults

Its fine that people think he's gone - it's the reasonable position.

But that's no excuse to watch Scully's performance through a subjective lens.

He played a reasonably good, tough game today...not the best, not the worst.

By comparison with those like Morton he was a beast and showed care.

Keep in mind the guy is definitely under done and poorly prepared for footy due to his injuries

By comparison with those like Morton he was a beast and showed care.

Dude, I'm no Scully fan and I thought his game was poor today. But even I wouldn't use Morton as any form of benchmark. Morton was disgraceful.

Hi all. Long team reader, first time poster! I love jumping on Demonland and having a read of the views of fellow Demons supporters...particularly when it's constructive and about how our team is going and how we all reckon it can improve going forward. I reckon it's awesome that there are so many people out there that seem to have a great passion for the MFC just like I have done for all of my life!

I've been compelled to join up and post for the first time because lately I've been really disappointed reading some of the negative comments that are getting thrown towards our players. In the case of Scully, for the life of me I can't understand why people would be so negative towards the guy. From where I've been sitting, he puts his heart and soul into every performance for the MFC. I feel like people here are marking him really hard because they've heard from the "reliable sources" in the media that he may not be with the MFC next year. So what. For now he plays for the MFC. When addressing the situation he said how much he loves his job and playing for the MFC and he wanted to re-pay the faith that the club had shown in him by selecting him with their number 1 draft pick. I believe what he said. Everything else we've heard about the situation has been passed on by a bunch of people looking for controversy. Worst case I'm being naive, but I would rather be naive in supporting the word of a bloke who is pulling on the red and blue each week than a bloke sitting behind a desk making up stories.

About all that we can control as supporters of the club is to contribute to the vibe of making the MFC a tight knit unit whose supporters get behind their players through thick and thin. I believe that supporters of other successful clubs are better at this than we are.

I've felt that he's likely to stay because (from the outside) he seems like the sort of bloke who is likely to be motivated by the idea that he, along with the other youngsters at the club, could drive a new culture of success into the fabric of our club.

If it makes you feel better to give the bloke a spray IF and when he announces that he is moving on, then so be it. But as long as is playing for the MFC why don't we get behind him and support him and maybe we can contribute in a tiny way to making blokes like Scully feel like this is a club that he wants to help drag out of the position it has found itself in for so long.