Casey Scorpions v Sandringham

KC from Casey

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Half time - the opposite of last week. Casey 8.6.54 Sandringham an embarrasing 0.3.3.

Fev booted three for the term, all in that quarter.

Other goalkickers are Jetta & Jurrah with 2 each and Tommy MacDonald has one.

Campbell dominating the ruck and Cale Morton, for the second week in a row, getting plenty of possession.

Half time - the opposite of last week. Casey 8.6.54 Sandringham an embarrasing 0.3.3.

Fev booted three for the term, all in that quarter.

Other goalkickers are Jetta & Jurrah with 2 each and Tommy MacDonald has one.

Thanks as usual for updates KC

What's the story on Cook in ressies? Noticed not in best.

What's the story on Cook in ressies? Noticed not in best.

I didn't see much of the Ressies so I can't answer that other than that he kicked a goal as per the above info.

This is a better quarter from Sandy with three goals - all to Will Johnson. A great checkside goal in the middle of those to Tom McNamara.

Goals to Panozza and Fevola (#4) restore Casey's big lead - they need it to overcome the damage caused by last week's defeat.

Sylvia not doing much.

Just got back from the coldest place on earth - otherwise known as Casey. It's a fair trek from Cranbourne to Vermont.. Only saw the first half BUT from what I saw here's what I think.

1. Robbie Campbell was dominating the ruck and arond the ground against Michael Gardiner. With Strauss injured, maybe time to upgrade Robbie.

2. Cale Morton looked to have the ball on the string in the first quarter, but faded a bit towards half time. Would have been one of the beat though.

3. Sam Blease needs a game. Better option than Nicholson off half back. Liked his game to half time.

4. Sylvia & Jurrah barely got near the ball...not enough for a recall

5. Addam Maric will be a very good VFL player but is selfish and won't make AFL.

6. Tom McDonald is going to be a player.

7. Matthew Warnock deserves another game with the MFC.

Any other people at the game feel free to comment. Also, I have always been against Melbourne drafting Fev, but he wouldn't be half bad if you could get him for nothing for three years to help Watts and Cook develop....just a thought.

Three quarter time and Casey in a canter - 13.8.86 to 3.4.22 and Fev has five.

Just as I mention that Sylvia isn't doing anything he comes with a flurry and his pass to Fevola for goal # 5 was a ripper.

Thanks KC. Informative as usual.

Thats the issue with Sylvia. Has most of the cards in the deck. Just does not play them enough. He should be tearing this level apart. Particularly given the opposition. Disappointing that Jurrah and Maric are not doing likewise.

Just got back from the coldest place on earth - otherwise known as Casey. It's a fair trek from Cranbourne to Vermont.. Only saw the first half BUT from what I saw here's what I think.

1. Robbie Campbell was dominating the ruck and arond the ground against Michael Gardiner. With Strauss injured, maybe time to upgrade Robbie.

2. Cale Morton looked to have the ball on the string in the first quarter, but faded a bit towards half time. Would have been one of the beat though.

3. Sam Blease needs a game. Better option than Nicholson off half back. Liked his game to half time.

4. Sylvia & Jurrah barely got near the ball...not enough for a recall

5. Addam Maric will be a very good VFL player but is selfish and won't make AFL.

6. Tom McDonald is going to be a player.

7. Matthew Warnock deserves another game with the MFC.

Any other people at the game feel free to comment. Also, I have always been against Melbourne drafting Fev, but he wouldn't be half bad if you could get him for nothing for three years to help Watts and Cook develop....just a thought.

Thanks for the info lucifer.

A couple of points though.

1. Not sure why you would upgrade Robbie Campbell at this time of the year. I dont think ruckman are our weakness. Its ironic that when Jamar and SPencer went down earlier rhis year we could have used Campbell as an elevated rookie...but he was injured. I would only rookie Campbell next year and keep as injury insurance for main list players.

2. In side that is struggling for leaderrship and maturity, I would not touch Fevola with a barge pole. He has found his mark in VFL. I am not sure what help he could give Watts who has moved past ever playing for Casey again. And in many cases Watts has a broader set of skills than Fevola. And to date I cant say that Fevola has had any positive influence on Cook.

3. Tom McD looks to be coming on well. Look forward to seeing him at MFC in 2012

To be honest, Sylvia and Jurrah not being involved in the play is barely of any concern to me.

I imagine, and expect, they've been dropped to focus on things other than getting the ball, and in the end that is of little consequence.

If they are both concentrating on the 1%ers, applying pressure and being accountable, then I think they'll earn a quick recall.

Casey Scorpions 2.4.16 8.6.54 13.8.86 18.12.120

Sandringham 0.1.1 0.3.3 3.4.22 9.5.59

Goals

Casey Scorpions Fevola 5 Jetta Jurrah 3 McNamara 2 McDonald Maric Morton Panozza Sylvia

Sandringham Johnson 3 Archer Coleman 2 Curren Lynch

Best

Casey Scorpions Morton Warnock Blease Lawrence Fevola Jetta

Sandringham Simpkin Baker Gallagher Johnson Lynch Walsh

Team Statistics - disposals

Morton 32, Warnock 27, Wall 26, Blease 24, Nicholson 22, Davis 21, Nicholls & Maric 20.

- tackles

Lawrence 10, Jetta 9, Sylvia 7.

To be honest, Sylvia and Jurrah not being involved in the play is barely of any concern to me.

I imagine, and expect, they've been dropped to focus on things other than getting the ball, and in the end that is of little consequence.

If they are both concentrating on the 1%ers, applying pressure and being accountable, then I think they'll earn a quick recall.

Amazing.

I would have thought they have managed to focus well at MFC in recent weeks on a range of things other than getting the ball. I would have thought being involved in the play and winning the contested pill would be the 1%ers they need to actually concentrate on. Given Sylvia was selected as rover he would have been playing a number of main midfield roles. GIven we swamped the opposition, then I cant see how they could be applying any critical pressure without getting the ball. And a lame side like Sandy aint going to make you accountable. Its likely that both Jurrah and Sylvia would have been playing midfield/ forward. By the looks of the score the game was played in that region of the field. If they werent getting involved then they're both playing like cats and should be down at Casey for another week. And junk time goals and stats dont count.

Oh god, now we have to put up with more "should we draft Fev" threads. *vom*

i'm not saying that picking up Fev is the right thing but who are we to know what the right thing to do is. The M.f.c have appeared to fail with a classical rebuild. Many many botched early draft picks. Bate, Morton and Gysberts are all bad kicks. Bennell and Bail also. Strauss and Blease haven't really come on all that quickly. Tapscott and Trengove are the only real players that we will have in the long run. Scully off to gws of course.

looking at hawthorn today they have hodge, mitchell, suckling, rioli, gibson and guerra. most of them are elite kicks but also have amazing hardness. For some reason we have too many players that have great kicks but don't attack the ball. Morton the prime example.

Morton was believed to be a great kick when we picked him up. many people still believe he is a great kick.

I'm not one of those.

People just don't like hearing the truth. We are arguably the worst team in the comp at the moment. And its the players, not the coach.

We don't have the cattle.

Why the hell were my posts deleted?

If you don't think Morton is a great kick, don't say 'he's a great kick but doesn't attack the footy'.

Truth is a subjective concept- we have the talent, but not the experience. Make no mistake, this is the list that will take this club forward. Ergo, we have the cattle - we simply don't have the experience or maturity.

Are you absolving Bailey of any responsibility in the inconsistency of the team for the duration of this season?

You do not make one point that I agree with. I'm interested to see what other posters think of your comments too. That is, unless this post is also deleted.

I mainly agree with that. But that's not to say that the FD will overlook a game where they don't get near the ball. It's a combination.

For a similar reason I don't think Morton is going to get a recall on the back of a high possession game (especially if the majority of those possessions were uncontested). He needs to be doing a bit more than just getting the ball (for example, not turning it over, tackling, chasing, going when it's his turn to go etc.).

Sounds like Tom McDonald had another good game. Looking forward to his debut, whether it's in 2011 or 2012.

I wonder if Warnock will get a game this week given we have West Coast and they have Kennedy, Lynch, Darling and LeCras, and Frawley usually takes LeCras. Warnock might be needed to stand Lynch. I'm not necessarily in favour of that, but Rivers was beaten too easily one-on-one by Kreuzer.

Why the hell were my posts deleted?

If you don't think Morton is a great kick, don't say 'he's a great kick but doesn't attack the footy'.

Truth is a subjective concept- we have the talent, but not the experience. Make no mistake, this is the list that will take this club forward. Ergo, we have the cattle - we simply don't have the experience or maturity.

Are you absolving Bailey of any responsibility in the inconsistency of the team for the duration of this season?

You do not make one point that I agree with. I'm interested to see what other posters think of your comments too. That is, unless this post is also deleted...

If you're really, truly unsure why your posts were deleted, please read again the code of conduct that you agreed to when you joined Demonland. You seem intelligent enough to work it out though.