Casey Scorpions v Sandringham

KC from Casey

The Scorpions return home for the first time in a month to take on old rivals Sandringham in what should be a beauty.

Casey is a proud club and felt the pain last week as much as the Demons.

The result was out of character and must be reversed this week. I've given up talking about "must wins" but we really must.

I will post the teams as and when they become available.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Scorpions return home for the first time in a month to take on old rivals Sandringham in what should be a beauty.

The result was out of character and must be reversed this week. I've given up talking about "must wins" but we really must.

Thank you it has not been a good week for either team.

CASEY SCORPIONS v SANDRINGHAM

Sunday 7th August

Casey Fields at 2:00 PM

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Davis Warnock Blease

Half backs McDonald Mohr Jetta

Centreline J Wall Nicholson Fitzpatrick

Half forwards Bennell Morton Jurrah

Forwards Maric Fevola Lawrence

Followers Campbell McNamara Sylvia

Interchange (from) Collins McGough Nicholls Panozza Petropoulos Purves Tynan

Waite

SANDRINGHAM

Backs Smith Simpkin Stapleton

Half backs Hallahan Walsh Lynch

Centreline Gallagher Magner Winmar

Half forwards Heyne Dore Irving

Forwards Cahill Boland Ferraro

Followers Gardiner Marigliani Baker

Interchange (from) Waller Michaliades Archer Meehan Cathcart Johnson Coleman* Curren Lourey

* 23rd player

Fixture amendment – Next Week:

Round 20: The Coburg Tigers vs. Casey Scorpions match has been shifted from Highgate Recreation Reserve to Coburg City Oval and will now commence at 2:00 PM instead of 7:00 PM.

The game remains on Saturday 13th August.

The Coburg Tigers vs. Casey Scorpions Reserve Grade match remains the curtain raiser commencing at 11:00 AM.

Reserves playing sandy too ?

Hopefully Fitzpatrick plays out the year in the Casey seniors. Had a rough trot with injuries but always comes back and kicks a bag in the reserves. Will be interesting to see where he is at this time next year.

KC what was the fall out from last week??

Do you believe there was a correlation between the 2 games?

CASEY SCORPIONS v SANDRINGHAM Reserve Grade

Sunday 7th August

Casey Fields at 11:10 AM

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Baumgartner Patti Pollard

Half backs Riseley Purdy Tynan

Centreline Petropoulos Bell Weekes

Half forwards Cook Purves Fieldsend

Forwards Lees Waite Johnston

Followers Cleven Stockdale McGough

Interchange Allen Bolton Clay Corry Gent Lindsay McShane Matthews

SANDRINGHAM

Backs Mavric Quick Sullivan

Half backs Bruin Orr Shakallis

Centreline Grant Andrews Fleming

Half forwards Waller Jetta Rist

Forwards Porebski Benbow Newton

Followers Sikora Smith-Cameron Wade

Interchange (from) Archer Bowles Cathcart Curren De Blecourt Johnson Lourey Meehan Michaliades Nevile Patira Stone

yet people have still been calling for him to be brought into our AFL side

Geez

I am really starting to get a bit depressed over our first round picks - Cook dropped to VFL2s FCS

Morton. Sylvia.

#^*#}{<>£€^#

KC what was the fall out from last week??

Do you believe there was a correlation between the 2 games?

On the matter of the club's reaction, I would say there's not much coming out of the club. The view is that the result was an aberration and the boys have trained hard on the track and have put last week behind them.

As to the correlation between the two games, I'm not sure but it looks like it, doesn't it?

Ice Station who did the report from last week's game has suggested that some players were not 100% including Brendan Fevola who was ill and lasted two and a half quarters but still managed to kicked four goals despite not getting much in terms of quality delivery. A few others looked fatigued. Casey struggled all day for lack of pace in the midfield after losing Michael Evans and Neville Jetta. They have a better midfield this week and I think they'll come back to the winner's list and do it comfortably.

However, to answer your question, I think it would be an enormous co-incidence if the poor performances of the two weren't connected,

Guest Thomo

It makes me ropeable - Cook should not be sacrificed for Fevola FCS

22 spots in the side. If Cook was playing good enough he would be there.

22 spots in the side. If Cook was playing good enough he would be there.

The fact that he is not is really a concern - there is no way our top draft pick should find himself at this :mad: level - I do wonder about some of our recruiting choices

The fact that he is not is really a concern - there is no way our top draft pick should find himself at this :mad: level - I do wonder about some of our recruiting choices

Pick 26 Jack Darling anyone.

Lets not read too much into this.

The few times I have seen him this year I thought he put in only ordinary performances.

If you did not know he was our no.1 pick you would have assumed he was just a young guy trying to get a game with Casey.

Add the very ordinary result by Casey against the Cats last week and he is demoted.

Says to me that we may have started playing guys on their merits and not on reputation.

Sounds positive to me.

If he is good enough he will be back.

I never saw him playing at AFL level before well into 2012 but probably 2013.

You must be Joking this boy will be a star. You really seem to have no Idea. And I thought you got down to the VFL to watch.

Then why is in the reserves? and I did not say he was a bum just said he has not been flash in the games I have seen.

And I wll say it again.

Derision is a poor form of debate!

He is a first year tall forward, whose built like a stick. What did you expect him to do in his first year?

Cale Morton was a first year tall, built like a stick but he played 20 senior games in his first year. Cook isn't good enough to get a gig with Casey firsts?

That's a big concern.

Then why is in the reserves? and I did not say he was a bum just said he has not been flash in the games I have seen.

And I wll say it again.

Derision is a poor form of debate!

Cale Morton was a first year tall, built like a stick but he played 20 senior games in his first year. Cook isn't good enough to get a gig with Casey firsts?

That's a big concern.

Buddy Franklin played in the Box Hill reserves at one stage too.

And I say it not because I think Cook is the next Franklin, but because you two blokes spend so much time worrying and being pessimistic that you infect other posters round here.

Get a grip and once again give the kid some time FFS.

Buddy Franklin played in the Box Hill reserves at one stage too.

And I say it not because I think Cook is the next Franklin, but because you two blokes spend so much time worrying and being pessimistic that you infect other posters round here.

Get a grip and once again give the kid some time FFS.

I think the events of the last couple of weeks have justified that. No point sailing along and accepting the company line if it's full of garbage. No point in comparing Cook with Franklin, wherever or whatever the circumstances either.

BTW if we can stir some of the other posters out of their lethargy then all's the better. I'm over just going along with whatever comes out of the club and I'm over the waste of time and energy they have caused me.

As a matter of interest was Buddy in the Box Hill reserves because he was coming back from Injury, or was he there because he couldn't hold his spot with Box Hill firsts?

Edited by RobbieF