Dean Bailey

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder why play an extra man in defence when we're down by 40. Not going to win doing that are we? That's what you do to stop oppositions scoring (albeit ineffectually in this case) but to win you need to score not just stop the opposition. This is very poor strategy and something Bailey should be held accountable for.

Edited by damon the demon

I have just got home from a 1 hour kick-to-kick with my boys and rushed to get a score. Would you believe I thought we might do OK today??? What is going on? I return to being that sad, shoulder-drooping, unconfident, unsure, Dees man who is the brunt of every joke, and I have no more right to bag the Doggies, Saints and Toiges for lack of success.

I have four kids, and my 16 year old said "I don't want to barrack for Melbourne anymore Dad, its too hard".

This is a dark day for the MFC (amid many others over the past 40 years or so) and it sits on the head of the coach and the leadership group. Jimmy can't be Mr Nice Guy here. Connolloy can't be the friendly garden gnome. Schwab needs to get away from his whiteboard. A leader needs to stand up, communicate the anger of the supporters and change it up.

Unacceptable MFC.

Not that this would be a deliberate thing ... but is it possible that today's performance is a sub-concious reaction by the playing group to the speculation that the coach may be extended for one or two years?

I like your thinking.

with a simple question...

To whom it may concern,

Anyone with any authority from the President to the captain can answer this…

Please explain to me why I should continue supporting this club?

That’s all I want to know, and please don’t give me the usual drivel, I want someone to actually think about this and answer it. I have been a member for 19 years, a support for 30, and not just a normal member I have had a premium membership for close to 15 years now.

So please if anyone can or has the guts , explain to me as a long standing member and supporter why I should continue supporting this team. This is not just because of today, today is just the straw that broke the camel’s back, this year we have embarrassed ourselves against any meaningful opposition.

dean bailey is the 2nd least successful coach in the afl only behind a coach of the newest club in the competition. in his 3.5 years so far we have finished last, last and 12th with a winning percentage of 26.8%. an absolute disgrace and after todays game it is quite obvious that the players dont respect him or his game plan. what an absolute disgraceful effort put up by the melbourne football club and heads must roll. he apparently took over a bad list and now where are we. we have lost to hawthorn by 8 times in row by an average of 50 points. geelong are 114 points ahead of us at half time. in his 4th year we have looked good at times but now have a losing win loss ratio with 5 games to go. lets send the club a message that we arent going to put up with a losing club any longer. SACK DEAN BAILEY NOW!!!!!

dean bailey is the 2nd least successful coach in the afl only behind a coach of the newest club in the competition. in his 3.5 years so far we have finished last, last and 12th with a winning percentage of 26.8%. an absolute disgrace and after todays game it is quite obvious that the players dont respect him or his game plan. what an absolute disgraceful effort put up by the melbourne football club and heads must roll. he apparently took over a bad list and now where are we. we have lost to hawthorn by 8 times in row by an average of 50 points. geelong are 114 points ahead of us at half time. in his 4th year we have looked good at times but now have a losing win loss ratio with 5 games to go. lets send the club a message that we arent going to put up with a losing club any longer. SACK DEAN BAILEY NOW!!!!!

come on give the man a go !

I would prefer to spend a lot more on the Football Department myself. Sacking the coach will prove very little as we have all seen before.

come on give the man a go !

we have...and for far too long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would prefer to spend a lot more on the Football Department myself. Sacking the coach will prove very little as we have all seen before.

I know I am angry and disillusioned WYL

but how could it possible make us worse.

The buck stops some where and for mine it is

DB, CC and BG.

we have...and for far too long !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are right BB

He has had full reign to form this group

It is his baby.

Please Dean give us guys in the outer a "go"

Leave tonight.

PS we could have had Sheedy!

Edited by old dee

It would be better if Dean Bailey followed Neil Craig's lead and resigned. But I can just hear him at the post-match press conference... "We didn't do this... and then we didn't do that... and we've got to do this better..." and so it goes on and on and on and on. I'm sick of hearing the same thing week after week after week.

Who's head of the MFC Football Department?

I would not stop at the Coach. Performances like this should be accountable from the top down to every player.

Sack the lot.

How can we blame Slyvia, Scully and others wanting to leave.

It has to start today. If Bailey doesnt resign be should be sacked.

Who's head of the MFC Football Department?

I would not stop at the Coach. Performances like this should be accountable from the top down to every player.

Agreed 100%.

Nobody should remain standing after this game if they had anything to do with the result.

Luckily for the players most of them are young, so they will be spared, but some serious questions also need to be asked of our entire leadership group. Moloney subbed off with 0 possessions? Green with 8 disposals, 1 in the first half?

This is the sort of shite that kills football clubs. We have clawed our way back from extinction and in one afternoon have gone 20 steps backwards. It's humiliating, it's embarrassing and it hurts me to see.

It would be better if Dean Bailey followed Neil Craig's lead and resigned. But I can just hear him at the post-match press conference... "We didn't do this... and then we didn't do that... and we've got to do this better..." and so it goes on and on and on and on. I'm sick of hearing the same thing week after week after week.

If he doesn't go many members will, I am not going give my hard-earned to a club that plays like that, I've been watching this sort of stuff for years with the Demons and I've had enough.

Edited by baysidedave

dont forget we have a young team

Sack the lot.

I reckon if Bailey stays we will lose a lot more than those two

I agree with previous comments, but fingers also need to be pointed at players too.

A basic thing you have drummed into you when you start playing football. Man up, make a bloody contest.....How friggin' hard is that??

Young or old, they all did it today with exception of Mckenzie.

For gods' sake Melbourne players, play with pride in yourselves.

My heart was bleeding today..............

Sack the lot.

Its been a while since I posted last but you have taken the words right out of my mouth

Who would want to stay at this club its a JOKE

The preamble to this forum is "talk about the greatest football club in the world". When ??. Maybe 47 years ago or previous to that.

Im convinced even more after this INSEPID performance today that unfortunately I will not live to see the team I have loved for so many years ever play in a Grand Final again let alone win one

At least not in my lifetime :unsure:

While the Melbourne Football Club is prepared to continue to accept MEDIOCRITY this will never change

Unfortunately for Bailey he fits under this category but so do a lot of players in the MELB. Football club.

I have no doubt that the Club will put in a better pefomance next week maybe the even will beat Carlton

But even if they do this changes nothing. For all those supporters who think we have a future that Future will only come when someone demands accountability

From both the Players and the Coach. We have heard all the excuses before and we willhear them again Im sure

I really cannot see how Dean can keep his job after this performance against the Cats

It is clear that the players are not playing for him

Jimmy and the Board have little choice now or the players will be getting the wrong message

Was the Earlier in the week reports of a one or maybe two year extension for Dean anything to do with the players performance today

It shouldn't but it has got to be something that is not right within our football department

Another tough task against the Blues next week

More of the same would be hard to take

Must admit i am clueless as to what the immediate future is