Demonland Player of the Year

Demonland

6 - Frawley (General down back and 2 goals against him [3 but 1 was complete BS] on a monster who was getting massive feed all night.

5 - Trengove (Stood up when the going got tough and never took a backward step. Overpowered eventually with weight of numbers, as was the rest of the team).

4 - Petterd (Presented time after time and worked hard all night. Needs to learn to hold on to his overhead marking attempts, seems to get under the ball a little too often, with his one screamer the outstanding exception).

3 - Howe (Not the greatest game, however he continues to work his butt off and not just offering leads, he works to assist and spread too. Only 4 games under his belt before last night yet his work ethic and finish put others like AJ & Sylvia to shame. They should hang their heads. Shows maturity way beyond a new rookie. Keep it going mate)

2 - Jones (wouldn't normally give votes on this performance but there was so little else to choose from).

1 - Watts (for trying to play as a stop gap utility in virtually every position on the ground. His head must be spinning after this role. Whatever role was asked of him that is. This is a vote to encourage him to keep going and not lose hope after such a pitiful coaching performance!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 . Trengove

5 . Watts (this bloke CANNOT continue to play stop gap roles all over the ground.)

4 . Petterd

3 . Howe

2 . Jones

1 . McKenzie

For mine he lost one contest that I recall. Had 21 touches and hardly turned it over. Had one brain fade under pressure.

I too thought Strauss was Ok.

What I didn't like about Strauss' game was his decision making and his lack of awareness.

He gave a number of handballs to blokes under the pump and got caught a few times hesitating when he needed to make a quick decision and move the ball on.

I also thought he lacked intensity.

But these attributes could be said of a number of players last night. And I accept that Strauss is inexperienced and is more likely to make these errors.

I'm not having a crack at him, I just can't see how he could possibly be in our top six players last night!

Edited by Scoop Junior

Jack Watts increased his lead this round

100. Jack Watts

82. Jack Trengove

80. Brent Moloney

68. Stefan Martin

65. Nathan Jones Jared Rivers

60. Colin Sylvia

37. Mark Jamar

36. Jordie McKenzie

35. Rohan Bail

27. Jordan Gysberts

25. Colin Garland Luke Tapscott

23. Brad Green Ricky Petterd

19. James Frawley

16. Liam Jurrah

15. Tom Scully

13. Neville Jetta Jeremy Howe

10. Cale Morton

8. Aaron Davey Addam Maric

7. Jamie Bennell Michael Evans

4. Joel Macdonald

3. Clint Bartram Michael Newton

2. Jack Grimes Dan Nicholson

1. Matthew Warnock

Wow. We have a 20 year old leading and a 19 year old in second for the D'land player of the year. I wonder if it's a similar story in the B&F.

Tells you a little about our list.

If you were at a club that may lose a player at the end of the year and one of the criteria for compensation was position in the B&F would you play around with the B&F figures to ensure that player finishes higher than he should.

If you were at a club that may lose a player at the end of the year and one of the criteria for compensation was position in the B&F would you play around with the B&F figures to ensure that player finishes higher than he should.

yes, I would

Firstly, I'm not in that position to comment. But I'd be naive to think that it hasn't happened in the past at some club and will not happen in the future at some club.

Secondly and importantly, if we had no concern of losing a player at season's end it shouldn't be a concern. Period. But, if there was an inkling that that was the case, you would want that player to perform at least well enough in several games to cover any manipulation. Not that I condone such thing.

I think I need a shower, because I feel like I'm in murky waters.

wow...amazing.

Jack Watts has gone from the sh!thouse to penthouse in a couple of months.

Would make interesting reading to bump all the posts over the past couple of years that bagged him to the extreme. Does anybody have the time ... and the vindictive streak ... to do it?

wow...amazing.

Jack Watts has gone from the sh!thouse to penthouse in a couple of months.

That's what you get for being one of the only players in the team with consistent output.

He hasn't had a bad game since the GC game where he was a sub. That's a long stretch of contribution for someone so young, and seemingly it's a feat nobody more senior can achieve (Beamer comes close, but he too goes missing when we're down).

It's a credit to Watts, Martin and to a lesser extent Trengove (who would probably be up the top if he didn't miss 3 games), that they've managed to maintain a high level of performance each and every week, regardless of how everyone around them has performed. Especially for Watts who plays a tough position, and Martin who has been on a steep learning curve since Jamar went down injured.

Will be interesting to see where Jack W finishes in the real B&F count.

As Jaded had pointed out, he has contributed and given his all every single week since being the sub, I don't think any other player could claim that.

I do think that Moloney will win it, but Jack could very well finish Top 5. Maybe even Top 3 at this rate.