EVERYONE'S GONE TO THE MOON by JVM

COLLINGWOOD

Backs Leon Davis Ben Reid Heritier O'Brien

Half backs Alan Toovey Nick Maxwell Heath Shaw

Centreline Tyson Goldsack Steele Sidebottom Sharrod Wellingham

Half forwards Chris Tarrant Chris Dawes Andrew Krakouer

Forwards Alan Didak Travis Cloke Leigh Brown

Followers Cameron Wood Scott Pendlebury Luke Ball

Interchange (from) Jarryd Blair Simon Buckley Brad Dick Alex Fasolo John McCarthy Luke Rounds Tom Young

In Jarryd Blair Simon Buckley Brad Dick Alex Fasolo Luke Rounds Tom Young

Out Dayne Beams (foot) Dane Swan (soreness) Dale Thomas (suspended)

Just shows how much depth they have even with a few quality players missing.

As much as people want change........( why I have no idea)

NO CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Please)

Why wouldn't you want change if you think that someone you rate in your best 22 is fit enough to return from injury?

In: Bartram

Out: Evans

(Please)

Why wouldn't you want change if you think that someone you rate in your best 22 is fit enough to return from injury?

In: Bartram

Out: Evans

(Please)

Because I'm not convinced he's ready yet. Otherwise, Yes.

Because I'm not convinced he's ready yet. Otherwise, Yes.

Okay, but it's pretty clear why others might want a change, isn't it? You'd even want a change if you thought Bartram was fit.

Anyhow, go Dees.

I believe you were pretty adamant we would lose by 5 goals last week too...

Big step forward if we can win this one.

You are correct I predicted a loss,

Do no know about the "adamant " part.

Suggests I was ranting we had no hope.

Only my feeling rpfc that is what the site is about I thought.

I think the opponent is a big step up from Essendon.

They fixed up the bombers when Essendon was at full strength and playing well.

Even with their losses they look to good for this Dees team.

As I said I "hope I am wrong" .

I will get no joy at the MCG on monday enduring another Pies victory believe me.

Edited by old dee

Yep, Petterd/Bate/Evans emergencies for mine.

Jetta will surely play. Usually he's on the fringe but last week was close to his best game for the club. He was terrific.

I think so too, he is a goer.

On the disrespect aspect of resting Swan, personally i don't think its a big deal. In Collingwood's eyes if they lose big deal. Will still finish top 2 and get home finals. Looks like the top 4 will all be Victorian anyway so even 3 or 4 wouldn't matter.

Swan has been average lately, poor for his standards and the bigger picture is having him ready at the right time. They are probably better off finishing 8th and having him fit than top and missing the final series.

Leon Davis in the back pocket is interesting to me. Any ideas who we can play on him to exploit his lack of defence?

Surely Bennell would have him for speed but maybe petterd as he should to be strong overhead. Not too many other options i could see for the pies to put Davis on.

Only possible change should be Bartram for Evans.

Jones, Gawn and Jetta shouldn't be chances to be dropped. Bate and Petterd shouldn't be even remotely considered for selection.

I'd go with an unchanged line up, but I feel the FD loves Bartram a lot, and maybe will be wary of Brad Dick, who will surely play his one good game for the year against us.

Guest Artie Bucco

I've got a feeling Petterd will get a game based on his excellent work as a defensive forward the last timr he played against the pies.

Got a feeling he would do quite well again too.

Did anyone see Lloyd's breakdown of the 10 best players in the match on The Game Plan?

He said normally we had 4 of the best 10, but this week we have 6 of the best 10.

But he had Trengove listed at 7 behind blokes like Sidebottom!

Funny, cos I've also had a feeling all week that this will be a match where Trengove really announces himself as a future (or even current) star.

Look for him to have a big big impact on Monday's match.

Edited by Artie Bucco

I've got a feeling Petterd will get a game based on his excellent work as a defensive forward the last timr he played against the pies.

Got a feeling he would do quite well again too.

Thought you'd be better than that.

Bate might have played well against them too. So we play him as well?

Heck, Newton probably played well once, the next time we play that side too we should pick him.

Petterd is not in form. One good game for Casey does not change that. We had a functioning forward line last week, why in hell would we change that to include a player who doesn't deserve his spot?

Bartram has claims to come in, but I don't think that Bate or Petterd would add much, in their current form, to a forward line that manufactured 26 scoring shots from 45 Inside 50s.

I don't like the notion of 'Petterd played well last year, so he should come in.'

To me that just screams "I place way too much importance on games against Collingwood because I am willing to restrain logic and think that form has an 18 month use-by date."

Nicholson or Evans make way for Batram.

Guest Artie Bucco

Thought you'd be better than that.

Bate might have played well against them too. So we play him as well?

Heck, Newton probably played well once, the next time we play that side too we should pick him.

Petterd is not in form. One good game for Casey does not change that. We had a functioning forward line last week, why in hell would we change that to include a player who doesn't deserve his spot?

Just got a feeling in my bones titan! No rhyme or reason for it.

I know he's been out of form, and he definitely doesn't deserve a game over any of the guys from last week.

We'll see.

Kinda hope I'm wrong, because when players get dropped like he did, I really like to see them have to work their arse off to get back in the side.

If I was picking the side it'd be unchanged.

I dont quite understand why go to Arizona. If its for altitude training that suggests that Swann is lacking or able to top up on his aerobic capacity - which I dont think is at issue - is it? If its for injury recovery then high altitude isnt likely to make much difference and the trip over even in business class isnt helpful - lets hope the temptations of the drink trolley prevail.

Nah. Think Swan and his mates might be goin over to do a little community service or maybe some low altitude training instead! (see link below).....

Arizona Fires

Edited by Rusty Nails

Guest DeesPower

nicholson named in starting 18

evans bate and jetta to miss for mine, off that bench

Agree. Petterd sub and play the pinch hitting role off the bench a la Swans game.

Agree. Petterd sub and play the pinch hitting role off the bench a la Swans game.

If Bartram is 100%, he plays, and Evans will be the likely omission. A 90% Bartram should not be selected, and if this is the case, no change.

The clowns that said Jetta should come out for Petterd; I'm convinced you don't watch the game sometimes! He was very, very good last week. Look at it this way, what will Petterd bring to the team that Jetta wouldn't?

No change in my opinion. I see absolutely no reason why any player deserves to be dropped from last week. Bartram has only had two weeks off, and I reckon that since the boys filled in for him so well last week, then they should get the opportunity to see if they can raise the stakes. As for Jetta, well the fact that anyone even suggests he should be dropped after last week says enough about them to know their opinion should be ignored. Ludicrous.