The Tom Scully Saga

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how Watts put off contract negotiations last year till after the season and no-one said squat.

No one said anything about Watts putting of contract talks cause GC clearly came out and said they weren't interested in Watts.

Completely opposite to the Scully situation.

After another very ordinary display by our beloved Dee's, he may think his best option is nth of the border, and good luck to him if it sets him up. I personally want him to stay like all other Dee supporters, but except for the (very) occasional good performance why would you stay and play with a club that takes one step forward and ten backward on the playing field.........I'm so [censored] with our effort after today, but I don't want to bag ANYONE. Maybe Bailey will resign after such an effort, even tho it's the players playing the game, Fxxxxxd if i now, but the frustration is almost.........far canal....

After another very ordinary display by our beloved Dee's, he may think his best option is nth of the border, and good luck to him if it sets him up. I personally want him to stay like all other Dee supporters, but except for the (very) occasional good performance why would you stay and play with a club that takes one step forward and ten backward on the playing field.........I'm so [censored] with our effort after today, but I don't want to bag ANYONE. Maybe Bailey will resign after such an effort, even tho it's the players playing the game, Fxxxxxd if i now, but the frustration is almost.........far canal....

As opposed to a new club with no support or passion whatsoever, not to mention there won't be copious amounts of success up here in the near future either.

But if that is what he wants, because as you say he should run from a poor loss (which he was very much a part of) at Melbourne, while we are still developing, then I wouldn't really know what to make of him.

But then again that belief seems like you think he should leave because we lost today and are having an up and down year. Not a great thought and I hope he is better than you are for thinking like that.

That doesn't seem terribly honourable.

But you would have him screw honour? But then again with that kind of money, maybe Rooty Hill looks better than it should.

Edited by QueenC

Every time Tom Scully ran to the interchange bench i thought he was catching a jolimont station to tullamarine connection. on a serious note his disposal is surprisingly poor... release of the football is delayed a la bruce absolutely no precision in his contact. how this guy could be getting offered a gadzillion dollars of monopoly money from greater western union football club i wouldn't have a clue.

I cant blame Sculls if he goes for that type of money but all the talk of him being such an upstanding type of person will take a battering. I think we should be aiming our bile at Demetriou and the AFL for allowing such a thing to happen. It is just crap to say that it is an even playing field. For some it is more even than for others. I wonder if Sculls was at North Melbourne would the same thing be happening. For Demetriou to claim that the CEO's all gave the tick to the GWS "rules' so they should take the blame for what is happening. Can you imagine once they got it pass the CEO's they would have been standing behind closed doors rubbing their hands wiping the sweat off their brows thinking well we got that passed that lot. And of course who of the Clubs was obviously going to miss out - Melbourne and Richmond with the most number of high draft picks. So how come we didnt see this coming. How can the AFL claim the moral high ground when they have no morals when it comes to Suns or GWS. Kennett was right, Demetriou runs the AFL like a fiefdom and his forty pieces of silver are growing and growing.

A persuasive case for scully going/ stay can be made either way. scully going imo is the new normal, we are catching with best practise in the U.K and other footballing nations with players rushing to the cash and the champagne. it was routinely reported on the wireless a few nights back that two top players, one from sunderland and one from blackburn rovers were heading to liverpool and somewhere else united. now that major money is washing into the system the mighty dees just have tostruggle through. i for one am over this. player scully knows that his delayed or concealed decision must impact on the fabric of the club and i have no doubt is part of our general week to week instability. as the countdown clock gets closer to the colwd geel play-off we should raise the ante and request he announce what he is doing.

of Tom, to quote Brian's mother: "He's not the Messiah! he's a very naughty boy".

Come on Tom, sign up to the club or tell us otherwise...

A persuasive case for scully going/ stay can be made either way. scully going imo is the new normal, we are catching with best practise in the U.K and other footballing nations with players rushing to the cash and the champagne. it was routinely reported on the wireless a few nights back that two top players, one from sunderland and one from blackburn rovers were heading to liverpool and somewhere else united. now that major money is washing into the system the mighty dees just have tostruggle through. i for one am over this. player scully knows that his delayed or concealed decision must impact on the fabric of the club and i have no doubt is part of our general week to week instability. as the countdown clock gets closer to the colwd geel play-off we should raise the ante and request he announce what he is doing.

So, what are you saying? Should the FD drop him until he states his intentions?

Some serious discussions ans decisions need to be had to bring this situation to a head asap...

Self indulgent brinksmanship by his managers if he's staying or he can go now if he's going/gone.

Over it.

Distraction for club, players and fans.

So, what are you saying? Should the FD drop him until he states his intentions?

I definitely don't think the FD should drop him when they don't know whether he is staying.

BUT if we know he is leaving, he should not play for us again.

The whole thing is a real shame, and there's no winners, except maybe GWS.

The MFC kids and other supporters can't really get behind Scully.... if he stays, he has done his brand some damage, if he goes, likewise.

Months ago I promised myself I was not going near a Scully thread again.

However here I am!

Tom scully is a good player however he did not stop Collingwood from winning today.

He is one player,who is only an average kick.

We will not get to the holy grail with him alone, we need 23 others no matter how good Tom becomes.

The MFC will make him a good offer, if he goes to GWS for a much higher pay packet so be it.

Lets Forget about TS until the end of the year or until he makes a decision.

The MFC is a lot more than Tom Scully.

Lets get on with developing a better team with or without Tom Scully.

If he stays then I don't think he's done his brand any damage at all.

Yeh, I think over time maybe.... but in the short term, hardly any kids would have the 31 on their backs, and his loyalty will always been in question around contract time - not saying it should be....

So many words. So little evidence.

Just trying to get the no. of posts up to an all time record. C'mon - lets do it!

Empty posts shouldn't be counted (despite the no. of posts with emptiness - emotional or factual) already in this thread.

Months ago I promised myself I was not going near a Scully thread again.

However here I am!

Tom scully is a good player however he did not stop Collingwood from winning today.

He is one player,who is only an average kick.

We will not get to the holy grail with him alone, we need 23 others no matter how good Tom becomes.

The MFC will make him a good offer, if he goes to GWS for a much higher pay packet so be it.

Lets Forget about TS until the end of the year or until he makes a decision.

The MFC is a lot more than Tom Scully.

Lets get on with developing a better team with or without Tom Scully.

We cant. We want to know now- he's taking up a spot that sammy blease or lucas cook could have- someone who's willing to be part of our future. I dont care if Tom Scully has signed, who would blame him- i just don't want him to be a liar. Come out tomorrow morning Tom and let us know.

We cant. We want to know now- he's taking up a spot that sammy blease or lucas cook could have- someone who's willing to be part of our future. I dont care if Tom Scully has signed, who would blame him- i just don't want him to be a liar. Come out tomorrow morning Tom and let us know.

You are IMO going to have long 2.5 months ahead of you.

I think Tom is as good as his word i.e. no decision till the season is over.

Guest 36DD

If he stays then I don't think he's done his brand any damage at all.

I would disagree, given an Australian culture which is critical of people who are seen, rightly or wrongly, to be placing or differentiating themselves above their contemporaries.

"Great, great call. Brilliant. Insightful, well-thought out, no-doubt backed up by a mirage of facts. Fantastic. Thank you."

Best contribution by a street from 45HG16 in response to Tatu's post.

It's called IRONY Tatu, aka a complete [censored]-take. And loved your emoticon.

scully knows that his delayed or concealed decision must impact on the fabric of the club and i have no doubt is part of our general week to week instability. as the countdown clock gets closer to the colwd geel play-off we should raise the ante and request he announce what he is doing.

I agree...

All this enuendo has to be effecting the playing group & surpporters.

the walk to the "G" had sad vibe today, not many people turn up.

"Great, great call. Brilliant. Insightful, well-thought out, no-doubt backed up by a mirage of facts. Fantastic. Thank you."

Best contribution by a street from 45HG16 in response to Tatu's post.

It's called IRONY Tatu, aka a complete [censored]-take. And loved your emoticon.

I'd call it sarcasm.

Can I just say that the fans calling up having a go at Schwarta were infuriating.

They asked him rhetorical questions, surrounding his loyalty to the club. Ugh.

I would like to know something he won't answer - and that is about his sources.

He mentioned people at the club - if the club were convinced of Tom's decision to leave, they would not play him.

He mentioned people at GWS - those who have a vested interest in having a figure like David state the 'truth' as he put it.

He mentioned some people in the AFL industry - I know some people in the AFL industry, they know little, and give contradictions in the space of a week (ie. Maher and his 'trying to get out of a HoA' rumour).

If people are swayed by David, I really can't see why.

I'm sorry, I just trust a 19 year old more to tell me about his life than the soft, alluring voices on the other end Schwarta's iPhone...

I sat next a good friend of mine today who's being a passionate supporter since he was born. On Scully he had this point to make. "How the f**k am I supposed to get emotionally involved with a player who won't commit to the team and the club which I'm apart of?" It's a good point and Tom needs to step up in the next couple of weeks or let the club know he's off.