• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Bailey Defends our Boys!

Demon Dynasty

Yeah, it's great but it doesn't mean a thing of we are back here in 6 weeks time...

And Bailey was right to do what he did.

Our club got critiqued by a player of another club. You don't let that shite stain you - I don't care if it is true or not, he was right to defend in public the players I hope he bakes in private.

Absolutely. You don't just let people talk shi*t about you, your players or your club.

The cheating accusation by Malthouse was another disgraceful comment, from someone who should know better. Not to mention that he who curses and then lies on the footy field, should keep his 'cheating' opinions to himself.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

words. by coming out like this he makes us look stupid - because we are soft.

its like a marshmallow saying, hey, im not soft, just before it goes and gets eaten by a grandma with no teeth.

they want to respond? come out and smash essendon physically. win the contested ball and tackle count.

as for malthouse - bailey was dead on

Edited by Benno

Absolutely. You don't just let people talk shi*t about you, your players or your club.

The cheating accusation by Malthouse was another disgraceful comment, from someone who should know better. Not to mention that he who curses and then lies on the footy field, should keep his 'cheating' opinions to himself.

I have no issue with what the Carlton boys said because it was true. I think I would have preferred DB come out and said yep we didn't go hard enough or work hard enough. At least we then know he's tellin the truth.

Calling a press conference is all well and good, but why do we wait until the media tells us to? Brereton and Malthouse's comments as well as those from the Carlton players have been all over the media in the last couple of days, why wasn't it nipped in the bud beforehand? Same on-field, we only turn it on after a lambasting in the press! Too reactive across the board, too much Mr Nice Guy. We have the talented young list, but seem to wait for it all to happen by itself, but NOW is where the real grunt, effort and fight begins. And then, just maybe we will get a sniff at this success we believe should be ours.

Calling a press conference is all well and good, but why do we wait until the media tells us to? Brereton and Malthouse's comments as well as those from the Carlton players have been all over the media in the last couple of days, why wasn't it nipped in the bud beforehand? Same on-field, we only turn it on after a lambasting in the press! Too reactive across the board, too much Mr Nice Guy. We have the talented young list, but seem to wait for it all to happen by itself, but NOW is where the real grunt, effort and fight begins. And then, just maybe we will get a sniff at this success we believe should be ours.

I doubt DB called a press conference to comment on this; I imagine it was part of his regular presser. In fact, I would have thought it'd be pretty weird to call a press conference to take a shot at Malthouse/Robinson.

I have no issue with what the Carlton boys said because it was true. I think I would have preferred DB come out and said yep we didn't go hard enough or work hard enough. At least we then know he's tellin the truth.

Didnt he say that we wernt "totally hard" enough type thing, what DB defended was that we ALWAYS play in such a way

My take was that DB said that we arnt soft, we played strong contested football against the Saints, but didnt follow this up against carlton.

So i doubt that he has "skimmed" over this weekends performance as acceptable and hard enough, just that he doesnt think it is a "trait" as such of the MFC as a whole

Yeah, it's great but it doesn't mean a thing of we are back here in 6 weeks time...

So be it. Win or lose, we go hard this week and make sure that the Bombers know that they played a game of footy when Friday is finished. I will be interested to see how we respond. It was emphatic against Adelaide after the heat was turned up after West Coast with albeit different personell, was it an aberration?

Do we need a kick in the arse to perform at our optimum? is our motivation level consistent?

My feeling is yes to the first and no to the second.

Fair point - could have been his regular presser. Still think that we are reactive tho'.

Don't get it, you want them to respond to things before they happen?

Talk is cheap! Produce on the field and stand for something! [censored] Malthouse, [censored] Carlton and get out there and win some footy! Make this flag grand again!

Spot on mukau!

Actions speak far louder than words!

Carlton just said what the whole AFL knows,we are mentally [censored] and we were under Daniher for 10 years,in fact i can't remember the last time we were a hard,tough group mentally and physically!

Edited by High Tower
language

Talk is cheap! Produce on the field and stand for something! [censored] Malthouse, [censored] Carlton and get out there and win some footy! Make this flag grand again!

Thing is, the coaches and players get asked questions and fulfil the AFL and media obligations. What else are they meant to say ?

I get the point that actions are louder than words and walk-the-walk, not talk-the-talk, but fark, what else do they say ?

Yeah, they have to back it up.....they've only got two hours of the week to do it, the rest of the week the media fill their papers.

But whatever is done by personnel at the club...they're damned if they don't say enough, or damned if they do respond directly to questions.

Let 'em get on with the job, instead of slagging them off !

To be fair and honest, I don't actually believe Baily could a stuff what the Carlton boys said or think, I reckon he's using it as an opportunity to fire the boys up and to get the Melbourne public revved up for the game. It's very rare for bails to come out with such strong words, so I reckon he might've just seized on an opportunity.

I agree that actions speak louder than words, and I hope they just give us 100% effort for 4 quarters tomorrow night, but Bailey cant win either way for many of you.

If he says nothing you get angry, if he says something you get annoyed and say it is too late.

Even that idiot McClure chimed in last night and said if Melbourne come out this week and try hard then they have a problem. We know we have a problem but what does he expect us to do, should we wait a few weeks and then try so that we cant use the bashing we have as a reason for our imrpoved game.

Lets hope the players stand up and give us what we expect and then hopefully we can all be slightly happier with supporting a team who gives us all they have for the rest of the year.

It's never too late or too early to make a stand. The point is that our club will never be strong, either on the ground or off, until we are respected for what we stand for. It is time to make a stand. Not just the players but the whole club, including supporters. I'm getting tired of the negativity in the reserved seats area and I've probably contributed to it due to frustration from time to time but now it's time to make a stand and applaud all the good things our players do. Let's not focus on the negatives; let's show we are supporters.

Edited by Crawf52

Even that idiot McClure chimed in last night and said if Melbourne come out this week and try hard then they have a problem.

hahah so either way its a problem?... should be sacked for such a ridiculous call a 10 year old wouldnt say it

but hey picking on Melbourne is the thing to do if youre in the media

To be fair and honest, I don't actually believe Baily could a stuff what the Carlton boys said or think, I reckon he's using it as an opportunity to fire the boys up and to get the Melbourne public revved up for the game. It's very rare for bails to come out with such strong words, so I reckon he might've just seized on an opportunity.

Maybe it's that, but I think at least part of the reason would be so that he's seen by the players - and the Club as a whole - to be sticking up for the players. There was a similar vein to the Trengove appeal and subsequent comments.

Not sure if it's been posted, but an interesting read.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/115298/default.aspx

We've talked the talk, now let's walk the walk.

He's even dropped a hint for the media. I can't believe I haven't heard or read anywhere what has taken place, except written here and O'logy.

Bailey's hint:

"I'm just wondering if there's any player at the moment who's been tackled during the game and missed the following week due to a tackle."

A: Allen Christensen out with concussion - Geelong. Culprit: Jeremy Laidler.

* Laidler is now out for 2-3 weeks with injury from the Melbourne game.

Maybe it's that, but I think at least part of the reason would be so that he's seen by the players - and the Club as a whole - to be sticking up for the players. There was a similar vein to the Trengove appeal and subsequent comments.

Didn't inspire the players to lift the following wek against North, or last Friday noght against Carlton, did it?