• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

my 3 word player analysis V Carlscum

joeboy

Green - was a leader

Warnock - just a plodder

Jones - back to basics

Watts - classy and improving

Gysberts - rarely found ball

Bate - not on field

Bennell - wasn't actually playing

Frawley - made fundamental errors

Morton - probably on field

Sylvia - only passionate player

McKenzie - taught a lesson

Petterd - didn't actually play

Maric - had limited awareness

Moloney - couldn't get going

Jurrah - quickly losing credibility

Rivers - solid all night

MacDonald - aggressive but loose

Martin - had little impact

Jetta - rarely troubled scorers

Newton - future no clearer

Nicholson - showed some enthusiasm

Evans - no heroics tonight

Jurrah's useless as the number 1 target. In a top side he'd be taking the oppostion's 3rd defender. Pretty hard to lead a 3rd world fwd line of Bate, Newton and Petterd.

Really disgusted in Petterd and Morton's games tonight.

Wat can u expect Morton was punished early for good attack on the ball

by an umpire. Bs

Green - had a go

Warnock - simple costly mistakes

Jones - hard at it

Watts - PLAY HIM FORWARD!!!!!

Gysberts - beaten by experience

Bate - put in well

Bennell - better 2nd half

Frawley - really bad errors

Morton - a stupid game

Sylvia - worked ass off

McKenzie - beaten by experience

Petterd - slack and effortless

Maric - good in patches

Moloney - tagged really well

Jurrah - defensive game non-existent

Rivers - solid all night

MacDonald - please don't kick

Martin - worked really hard

Jetta - OK at times

Newton - excellent and dreadful (both in the same game)

Nicholson - no real impact

Evans - no real impact

Green - tried to lead

Warnock - was there, probably

Jones - lacks the finish

Watts - class and clangers

Gysberts - struggled, tried, struggled

Bate - m e h

Bennell - where ball aint

Frawley - lost beyond square

Morton - terrible bloody kick

Sylvia - solid seconf efforts

McKenzie - hope your learning

Petterd - was he there

Maric - good and bad

Moloney - had colours lowered

Jurrah - just didnt click

Rivers - not too shabby

MacDonald - beleive, son, beleive

Martin - no-one roved him

Jetta - not Le Roy

Newton - kinda had go

Nicholson - no shining debut

Evans - bettter for run

Green - was a leader

I nearly choked on my late night pizza reading this. This summary makes me sick and makes me question what you think leadership is.

Qtr 1 Melbourne player about to take ball Green chooses to not shepherd and runs out of the way of the Carlton player to try and get an easy kick. He then lambasts the player when he turns it over.

Qtr 2 Has options inside 50 but takes a hero's shot for goal to an empty square.

Qtr 3 One handed effort in the Carlton goal square resulting in a goal.

Green as our captain makes me somewhat embarrassed to support this great club. The only thing more embarrassing is I cant tell you to choose over him.

I nearly choked on my late night pizza reading this. This summary makes me sick and makes me question what you think leadership is.

Qtr 1 Melbourne player about to take ball Green chooses to not shepherd and runs out of the way of the Carlton player to try and get an easy kick. He then lambasts the player when he turns it over.

Qtr 2 Has options inside 50 but takes a hero's shot for goal to an empty square.

Green as our captain makes me somewhat embarrassed to support this great club. The only thing more embarrassing is I cant tell you to choose over him.

Glad you brought these up. I was thinking the same thing. Also one in the third where he gave a soft effort to try and quickly throw it on his boot rather than locking the ball in our forward half. Brad is not a leader at all.

Take your pick as to who was Melbourne's best player, either Green or Sylvia. I thought both showed good leadership tonight. Easy to find mistakes when a player has much ball. I'm happy with the Skippers efforts tonight.

Take your pick as to who was Melbourne's best player, either Green or Sylvia. I thought both showed good leadership tonight. Easy to find mistakes when a player has much ball. I'm happy with the Skippers efforts tonight.

Cannot disagree on Sylvia but you are kidding yourself on Green.

It is not about when he has the ball it is about when he doesn't. Let me guess you check the disposal count before you do your bests?

Give me examples of his good leadership. It sure as hell wasn't him running to space or putting his body on the line.

Cannot disagree on Sylvia but you are kidding yourself on Green.

It is not about when he has the ball it is about when he doesn't. Let me guess you check the disposal count before you do your bests?

Give me examples of his good leadership. It sure as hell wasn't him running to space or putting his body on the line.

Keep guessing brfe, seems to be all you do. Are you calling him gutless? Is this a phenomena only manifested this year? Or has he alway shirked the issue? I'm saying he lead ok. He presured and tackled and did his bit. Pity he didn't have more mates tonight, most sidelined.

I think you guys miss the idea of playing Watts back. We didn't have grimes and warnock was having a dog of a day. We needed some decent disposal in the back half. Watts provided that.

No, we got it. I can see the reasoning behind it, I'm just still not sure about the pro's & the con's of it.

I think it threw him out when he was pushed deep forward at the start of the second quarter, and then thrown back to deep defence again halfway through that quarter because the disposal from defence was so awful.

The move also sends out a giant signal to the other team that we're not even going to try to win this game, we're only going to aim to limit the damage. I just think our young team will always find it difficult to play with such a negative mind-set. Some teams (Swans, Saints) are defensively-minded; we're just not.

And I'd like to know how long before the game that Jack had to prepare himself for playing loose in defence. It's certainly not a role he's used to, and he adapted to it as well as could be expected.

Jack's also the forward who presents the most for defenders looking for a relieving kick. Without him to present, there was nobody to kick it to. It's a bit like Frawley being anchored to Betts deprived us of his run out of defence, and him taking all the kick-outs meant that he couldn't be there as a target to receive a kick-out. If the way that Watts & Frawley were used helped our defence, we lost a lot in the way of transition, and it showed.

The move had merit, but there was a "half-baked" look about it.

Green - Lots of possesions

Warnock - spoils, cant dispose

Jones - great first half

Watts - better each week

Gysberts - looked outof it

Bate - needs better deliviery

Bennell - 'some' good things

Frawley - still best defender

Morton - needs a job

Sylvia - definatly our best

McKenzie - hes getting back

Petterd - please see Bate

Maric - down a little

Moloney - misses Mark Jamar

Jurrah - please see Petard

Rivers - solid all night

MacDonald - good 100th game

Martin - good backup ruckman

Jetta - slowley getting better

Newton - GWS

Nicholson - solid first game

Evans - will be better

Keep guessing brfe, seems to be all you do. Are you calling him gutless? Is this a phenomena only manifested this year? Or has he alway shirked the issue? I'm saying he lead ok. He presured and tackled and did his bit. Pity he didn't have more mates tonight, most sidelined.

No guessing. I am giving you clear examples of when he did not show leadership. You are giving vague statements like "he pressured and tackled". You are aware that's what they are meant to do? Its like saying he "kicked and marked". I really hope the club dont look at leadership like you do. I couldn't stand another decade of soft culture at this club.

3 words ?

This Is Why

redbluefushias.jpg

Green - had a go

Warnock - cannot decide anything

Jones - better and better

Watts - oh god kicking

Gysberts - only ten games

Bate - he was there?

Bennell - lots of flair

Frawley - good game really

Morton - back to Casey

Sylvia - really quite anonymous

McKenzie - adds to fitness

Petterd - only noticed once

Maric - noticed maybe twice

Moloney - suffering without Rush

Jurrah - clearly carrying something

Rivers - best for awhile

MacDonald - rather good 100th

Martin - outmuscled constantly unfortunately

Jetta - played fairly well

Newton - brilliant yet terrible

Nicholson - needs more 2nds

Evans - will get better

For all the Green knockers out there, i'd thought i'd share what i thought. Just on Half time, he got absolutely poleaxed by 3 or 4 Carlton players. Was really close to me, and the sound of the impact, let alone the actual hit, was big. To Green's credit he got straight back up. How about you all take a hit like that, before crucifying him!

Cannot disagree on Sylvia but you are kidding yourself on Green.It is not about when he has the ball it is about when he doesn't. Let me guess you check the disposal count before you do your bests?Give me examples of his good leadership. It sure as hell wasn't him running to space or putting his body on the line.

Well I'm going to check the stats now fella.

No guessing. I am giving you clear examples of when he did not show leadership. You are giving vague statements like "he pressured and tackled". You are aware that's what they are meant to do? Its like saying he "kicked and marked". I really hope the club dont look at leadership like you do. I couldn't stand another decade of soft culture at this club.

22 disposals, 4 marks, 7 tackles. 1 goal, 1 pt. Five Carlton players had better stats. Sylvia was similar, Jordie and Moloney had similar tackle counts.

You listed 3 errors from Green and sh*tcan him for them and for not being a leader. Mate, move on!

Edited by Dees Dayz

I think you guys miss the idea of playing Watts back. We didn't have grimes and warnock was having a dog of a day. We needed some decent disposal in the back half. Watts provided that.

Watts has shown some good signs over the last 4 weeks but to say that he provided decent disposal last night is a bit rich.

Green - Plenty of ball

Warnock - Game to forget

Jones - typically worked hard

Watts - Far off best

Gysberts - Was barely noticed

Bate - Did nothing wrong

Bennell - Replaced Davey perfectly

Frawley - Cruising when shouldn't

Morton - Played okay - mostly

Sylvia - Hard at ball

McKenzie - Played a role

Petterd - Struggles when isolated

Maric - Didn't really contribute

Moloney - Was he tagging?

Jurrah - Starved of opportunity

Rivers - best defender - period

MacDonald - good 100th game

Martin - was beaten convincingly

Jetta - should've defended Betts

Newton - Jeckyl and Hyde

Nicholson - challenging first game

Evans - down from debut

Martin - was beaten convincingly

Strange but I didn't see it that way at all.

He and Hampson both had the same number of disposals (12) with Hampson getting two frees against Martin for ruck infringements when the players locked arms. Both of those frees were line ball decisions which should have been let go but Hampson got the luck of the umpiring. Martin got more hit outs but Carlton's superior midfield managed to blunt that advantage. I still would not say that this meant Hampson beat him in any way at all.