Jurrah - showing concerning signs

Rivers - valuable defensive contribution

MacDonald - aggressive but loose

Martin - had little impact

Jetta - okay but beaten

Newton - a vfl player

Nicholson - hard to access

Evans - a rookie learning

Strange but I didn't see it that way at all.

He and Hampson both had the same number of disposals (12) with Hampson getting two frees against Martin for ruck infringements when the players locked arms. Both of those frees were line ball decisions which should have been let go but Hampson got the luck of the umpiring. Martin got more hit outs but Carlton's superior midfield managed to blunt that advantage. I still would not say that this meant Hampson beat him in any way at all.

But stats can tell a very different story. When Martin got the tap, we rarely came away with the ball. Sure, that could be because of Carlton's strong midfield, but that's an excuse you wouldn't want to hide behind for a whole game. Perhaps the taps were just ineffective because he couldn't get them where he intended to. I would hate to have been doing the hit-out stats because there was rarely a clear winner.

I just think he struggled with his extension last night, Hampson is a pretty long customer. But, on the plipside, Martin failed to capitalise on his greater strength at the boundary and ball-ups.

Not saying you or the stats are wrong of course. It's just my perspective.

Jurrah's useless as the number 1 target. In a top side he'd be taking the oppostion's 3rd defender. Pretty hard to lead a 3rd world fwd line of Bate, Newton and Petterd.

Really disgusted in Petterd and Morton's games tonight.

Really upsetting to hear Jurrah getting bagged. Before everyone puts their opinion forward how about finding out some facts. Jurrah had the ball kicked to him twice as the forward option for the entire game. Twice! For crying out loud, they kicked to Evans as the first forward option twice also.

I hope the Rivers bashing stops now. Clearly our best reader of the game, best last night, disposing the ball around 88% for the year and leading by example. Should have been CAPTAIN.

Cant just chuck greens captaincy out the door after 3 mistakes. Look at the meters gained he gained 523 meters, this is more then anyne else in the game carlton included. Great captaincy material in running for the team....

personally i woulda preferred moloney or rivers. But none the less green showed his leadership last night

Edited by trudders

In my opinion stats do not make a captain - selfless acts do. I did not say he did not win the ball or lay tackles. I pity those that dont understand.

same opinion. But meters gained is a different form of stat. Its a stat that measures how hard you have been working. You can get 30 possessions and have no effect, but you cant have meters gained without any effect.

Guest 36DD

I nearly choked on my late night pizza reading this. This summary makes me sick and makes me question what you think leadership is.

Qtr 1 Melbourne player about to take ball Green chooses to not shepherd and runs out of the way of the Carlton player to try and get an easy kick. He then lambasts the player when he turns it over.

Qtr 2 Has options inside 50 but takes a hero's shot for goal to an empty square.

Qtr 3 One handed effort in the Carlton goal square resulting in a goal.

Green as our captain makes me somewhat embarrassed to support this great club. The only thing more embarrassing is I cant tell you to choose over him.

Bang on there, I cringed when I saw all of these as well, he plays for himself, not a captains a-hole, worst MFC captain ever, hope its one year and done for Greeny. Cant believe many pundits had him as our best last night.

Green - isnt a skipper

Warnock - local league skills

Jones - did the job

Watts - class and clangers

Gysberts - had no involvement

Bate - always too slow

Bennell - provided some run

Frawley - was well beaten

Morton - cant kick, handball

Sylvia - was our best

McKenzie - was barely sighted

Petterd - didnt look interested

Maric - not coming on

Moloney - had colours lowered

Jurrah - lacked any involvement

Rivers - good defenders game

MacDonald - his best game

Martin - had a crack

Jetta - tried but beaten

Newton - time to delist

Nicholson - good when on

Evans - bettter for run

I nearly choked on my late night pizza reading this. This summary makes me sick and makes me question what you think leadership is.

Qtr 1 Melbourne player about to take ball Green chooses to not shepherd and runs out of the way of the Carlton player to try and get an easy kick. He then lambasts the player when he turns it over.

Qtr 2 Has options inside 50 but takes a hero's shot for goal to an empty square.

Green as our captain makes me somewhat embarrassed to support this great club. The only thing more embarrassing is I cant tell you to choose over him.

You missed his air-kick - classic

same opinion. But meters gained is a different form of stat. Its a stat that measures how hard you have been working. You can get 30 possessions and have no effect, but you cant have meters gained without any effect.

You can if you kick it forward to a forward line with no-one in it. Thats not just Green but most of our metres gained in the first qtr.

Edited by big_red_fire_engine

Agree don't know what has happened to him.... he is a hog and is playing for himself and doing that poorly anyways....

Frawley - was well beaten

How so?

Betts had no influence on the game until junk time late in the last.

Frawley was one of our better users of the ball last night and at least provided some run and strength. He is an absolute gun.

Green - had a go

Warnock - oh my god

Jones - C grader

Watts - will be leader

Gysberts - quite

Bate - what happened?

Bennell - early form gone

Frawley - fast losing interest

Morton - needs a coach

Sylvia - thanks again Colin

McKenzie - exposed

Petterd - pathetic

Maric - not much chop

Moloney - b- grader

Jurrah - must show effort

Rivers - solid all night

MacDonald - dud

Martin - not really sure

Jetta - borderline top 22

Newton - fark off

Nicholson - back to casey

Evans - back to casey

Last night made me realize just hoe important our top 6 is to our team.

Guest lambtotheslaughter

Green - very ordinary effort

Warnock - don't come Monday

Jones - somethings never change

Watts - starting to play

Gysberts - was he tagging?

Bate - Too ploddy slow

Bennell - game plan confused

Frawley - Slow fumbly wreck

Morton - One heroic act

Sylvia - our only footballer

McKenzie -slowly getting back

Petterd - was totally outclassed

Maric - very good skills

Moloney - taught a lesson

Jurrah - please stay forward

Rivers - 'olmanriver welcome back

MacDonald - solid backline glue

Martin - surprisingly outshone tried

Jetta - what's going on?

Newton - flashes brilliance stupidity

Nicholson - had a go (against team rules may be dropped)

Evans - second game blues

For all the Green knockers out there, i'd thought i'd share what i thought. Just on Half time, he got absolutely poleaxed by 3 or 4 Carlton players. Was really close to me, and the sound of the impact, let alone the actual hit, was big. To Green's credit he got straight back up. How about you all take a hit like that, before crucifying him!

well said, for those that say he doesnt have a crack, you are kidding yourselves. Anyone who come back from a broken jaw and in a comeback game and repeatedly puts his head over it, will alawys hold his ground.

If he wasnt there on fri it would have been a whole lot worse.

Green would rather run of and receive a handball than put his body on the line and shepperd for a team mate.

Someone's gotta run off and recieve the handball and Green's probably the right guy for the job.

Green would rather run of and receive a handball than put his body on the line and shepperd for a team mate.

How quickly they forget. A few poor games and we're back to this crap. Disrespectful.

Someone's gotta run off and recieve the handball and Green's probably the right guy for the job.

True. I thought he was better as well, still not what he can be, or what we want or need him to be but definitely getting better.