our guernseys are still pink!?

ITS NOT THE RIGHT RED !!

So tell me, what is the 'right' red? Don't tell me it was last years jumper, cause obviously that wasn't the 'right' red, otherwise we wouldn't have tried to change it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the red that Barrass and Scwabby displayed on the older jumper.. If you happened to be at the summit you will know.. Its form the halcyon days of the late 50's

And im not saying was last years jumper at all... nice straw effort there.

the red that Barrass and Scwabby displayed on the older jumper.. If you happened to be at the summit you will know.. Its form the halcyon days of the late 50's

And im not saying was last years jumper at all... nice straw effort there.

And if the players were happy to play in wool you would get your perfect red...

Light changes the colour on these fabrics.

Sweat changes the colour on these fabrics.

These are not excuses, these are facts.

I think you are an apologist apologist.

Always standing by those that say, ad-nauseum, that anyone attempting to give reasons for things is an apologist.

Stop making excuses for these people who only see excuses, and realise that there is no excuse for seeing reasons as excuses.

Personally I think it's the material that makes it appear much lighter in certain lights.

Correct, the MFC are trying to get a blood red colour, which i think is a darker red than what we are used to, i think it proving difficult to get that result with the material being used. I don't know why that is.

But as i said a few weeks ago, it is also to do with red being transmitted through a camera, which is always the most difficult, particularly when the lighting conditions are constantly changing.

The Jumper looked great on TV at the GC game. Against the swans in bright sunlight it did look a little washed out compared to the swans "Fluro" Red.

I couldn't care squat what the reasons are

Its not what we were told was going to happen - bottom line

Its worse than last year

I'm sure the club are aware and doing what they can. we will probably have to wait till next year for any changes

I couldn't care squat what the reasons are

Its not what we were told was going to happen - bottom line

Its worse than last year

I'm sure the club are aware and doing what they can. we will probably have to wait till next year for any changes

I agree, i am just telling people what the technical reasons actually are...more testing and adjustments are needed.

And if the players were happy to play in wool you would get your perfect red...

Light changes the colour on these fabrics.

Sweat changes the colour on these fabrics.

These are not excuses, these are facts.

I think you are an apologist apologist.

Always standing by those that say, ad-nauseum, that anyone attempting to give reasons for things is an apologist.

Stop making excuses for these people who only see excuses, and realise that there is no excuse for seeing reasons as excuses.

No sh!t Sherlock !!

but you can pantone grade the orignal colour and balance match to new products...its what they do yo know..( or apparently didnt !! )

Balance that is unless your NEW !!

It's not that big an issue when you consider what else we have to deal with, sure, but I don't buy the argument that the red we want is unachievable. Essendon has it. Adelaide has it. Can't see why we can't have it. The fact that we trumpeted our move to it suggests it exists too (i.e. I doubt the club said 'we're moving to a deeper red' without actually knowing if such a move was possible). Hence my disappointment.

how about Torch Bearer Red?

Whatever abomination of red it is I think the pink school will eventually win the argument. Every week several tens of thousands will see some shade of red live perhaps? But millions on TV will see pink. Considering that sports jerseys are designed more for the benefit of TV viewers rather than live spectators this is an embarrassing botch up.

Edited by america de cali

No sh!t Sherlock !!

but you can pantone grade the orignal colour and balance match to new products...its what they do yo know..( or apparently didnt !! )

Balance that is unless your NEW !!

Clever !!

!!

!!

Looks blood red to me up close. No longer that fluorescent orange/red from last year.

Otherwise I must be colour blind. But hey, I eat plenty of carrots ! :P

Tell you what, I'll have another look up close at the G today from the fence at some stage.

Not sure if it is my old eyes however I agree with those that think our Jumpers look pink.

Watched at the game yesterday the jumper looks ok

However watched the game on TV later last night and they look to have a pink tinge.

Even the photos on the MFC site have a pink tinge IMO.

Could be better IMO, it may be that it is the result of TV if so can we have a more orange red

That does not come up pink please CS.

The new jumper looks Fantastic when you are at the game.

If it looks Pink on your Telly, make adjustments. If you can't do that well you will just have to get to the game-There were plenty of good seats available yesterday!

The new jumper looks Fantastic when you are at the game.

If it looks Pink on your Telly, make adjustments. If you can't do that well you will just have to get to the game-There were plenty of good seats available yesterday!

WYL If you read my comment again I said they looked ok at the game.

I watched it last night on my daughters last HD tv and the effect is the same.

I do not believe you can adjust it out.

Whats with the smart remark about being at the game?

Have a look at the double page spread in todays Hun with the match review. THe two bigger pictures they guernseys look to have a pinkish hue. But the photo at the bottom of Watts and Garland tackling a hapless crow they look a nice dark red as does the fantastic photo on the back page of Greeny clasping his badge.

So to me its as confusing as ever :wacko:

So while this is not really as important as winning games etc, it seems we are now magenta and blue and no one has even noticed. Does anyone care that our jumpers look pink? When people I meet find out I'm a Melbourne supporter they ask me about it and I have to agree they look pink AND there is no uproar or discerning comments on here. Its just weird!! Its funny how sometimesthey look red ie on ads after colour correction has been applied but lets be honest here the jumpers are pink, the club said they'd be fixed and they haven't been so i think we need to apply some people power pressure on this site and get us back to the RED and blue. I mean the socks are right. every other team can get their colours right. wtf is happening?!

PS id rather wear pink and win than red and lose but pink + lose = rubbish.

They are not pink in real life, only on TV.

WYL If you read my comment again I said they looked ok at the game.

I watched it last night on my daughters last HD tv and the effect is the same.

I do not believe you can adjust it out.

Whats with the smart remark about being at the game?

Who said i was just talking to you?

If the jumper looks pink on ya Telly, pump up the coluor and a little brightness and lower the contrast adjustment.

Otherwise get to the game-Jumper looks great to the naked eye.

Who said i was just talking to you?

If the jumper looks pink on ya Telly, pump up the coluor and a little brightness and lower the contrast adjustment.

Otherwise get to the game-Jumper looks great to the naked eye.

Well excuse me!

If you have to go to that much trouble to get it looking right on TV it suggests to me there is something wrong.

Most people won't change their picture that much to watch a game every other week.

Essendon's red looks fine as does St. Kilda, Adelaide and Sydney without touching the TV controls, why is ours Pink?

In the mean time I get lots of comments about the "[censored] pink dees"

Don't know about you but it sticks in my guts.

Edited by old dee