The End

After 16 consecutive years of membership, tonight is the last game from the MFC I will follow.

I can't take this anymore, and tonight is the first time I realised, I don't have to.

I have packed up my signed jumpers, membership scarfs, beanies, photo's and my membership card and placed them in a spot that one day, maybe someone might find and wonder who this club was, and what it stood for (nothing)

This club has received its last $ from me.

I wish you all well. No hard feelings, I've felt your pain, but enough is enough.

All the best

Jurrah Mancrush

After 16 consecutive years of membership, tonight is the last game from the MFC I will follow.

I can't take this anymore, and tonight is the first time I realised, I don't have to.

I have packed up my signed jumpers, membership scarfs, beanies, photo's and my membership card and placed them in a spot that one day, maybe someone might find and wonder who this club was, and what it stood for (nothing)

I wish you all well. No hard feelings, I've felt your pain, but enough is enough.

All the best

Jurrah Mancrush

2 words.....JIM STYNES.

Dear god. Suck it up.

We expect our players to take the punches and bleed for the jumper and you've just packed it in because we lost a game?

Come on now, best ever time for a Bex and a lie down son. The sun will come up tomorrow and somewhere in the world kids are dying from starvation and disease. Perspective is everything in life.

Good luck there mate. I won't be following you, but I get where you are coming from. Hopefully you see fit to rejoin us one day

All the best

Jurrah Mancrush

Will last 24 hours tops before you reload.

It is hard to take but we must soldier on

Will last 24 hours tops before you reload.

It is hard to take but we must soldier on

True.

If you survived all of 2008, you can survive one loss in Perth in 2011.

True.

We all survived 2008 because we thought we stood for something and were heading towards something. At the moment, we stand for nothing and are heading for the scrapheap.

All the best

Jurrah Mancrush

I get where you're coming from mate. I truly do. My old man has been following the club for close to 50 years. He was 4 years old when we last one a flag. He went to all those games through the 70's and 80's where he would celebrate a win like it was a premiership. Then came the late 80's early 90's. He talks of such times with passion, joy, hope. That infamous day, where the outer wing of the Western Oval was packed by 10am, full of Melbourne supporters. All hoped for a miracle. The roar when Melbourne hit the front, then again when Dunstall put the Hawks up against the Cats, who had led all day. How he would go to games just to see Robbie Flower play. This period has become folklore in our home. Now he feels like he's back in the late 70's/80's. He has gotten to the stage where he loves and hates this club, who can blame him. It's amazing how much importance can be placed on a game, in terms of life. But he has been hoping for so long, that it has become a big part of his life, many are just the same, myself included. Yet it is this game that brings me and my father closer together. He is rapidly becoming of the belief he will not live to see a Melbourne premiership. This fear is driven on hope, which is yet to be rewarded. He has often talked about being solely an AFL member, giving away his 35 consecutive-year Melbourne membership. I doubt he ever will though, and i doubt you will ever give up either. You're already in too deep to turn back now.

This club means a whole heap, to a hell of a lot of people. And In a sense, this club owes a lot to it's members, particularly those who have been through the rough times. Both the 70's/80's and of recent times. Yet we still announced record membership. We all hope for better times, we are told that they will come. Will they? Who knows? I believe they will. They must. This club has a duty of care to win for it's members, particularly those who have waited all 46 years......... and counting.

You might think that if you leave now, you will live a happier life, one with less frustration. But i know that my father will only truly be happy, when we finally lift that elusive son of a [censored] aloft. WIth each passing second, another second draws nearer to when we finally do taste that success, whenever that may be. Stick by the club, you will be rewarded. Dare to dream. Go Dees!!!

Edited by Demon Disciple

I get where you're coming from mate. I truly do. My old man has been following the club for close to 50 years. He was 4 years old when we last one a flag. He went to all those games through the 70's and 80's where he would celebrate a win like it was a premiership. Then came the late 80's early 90's. He talks of such times with passion, joy, hope. That infamous day, where the outer wing of the Western Oval was packed by 10am, full of Melbourne supporters. All hoped for a miracle. The roar when Melbourne hit the front, then again when Dunstall put the Hawks up against the Cats, who had led all day. How he would go to games just to see Robbie Flower play. This period has become folklore in our home. Now he feels like he's back in the late 70's/80's. He has gotten to the stage where he loves and hates this club, who can blame him. It's amazing how much importance can be placed on a game, in terms of life. Yet it is this game that brings me and my father closer together. But he has been hoping for so long, that it has become a big part of his life, many are just the same, myself included. He is rapidly becoming of the belief he will not live to see a Melbourne premiership. This fear is driven on hope, which is yet to be rewarded. He has often talked about being solely an AFL member, giving away his 35 consecutive-year Melbourne membership. I doubt he ever will though, and i doubt you will ever give up either. You're already in too deep to turn back now.

This club means a whole heap, to a hell of a lot of people. And In a sense, this club owes a lot to it's members, particularly those who have been through the rough times. Both the 70's/80's and of recent times. Yet we still announced record membership. We all hope for better times, we are told that they will come. Will they? Who knows? I believe they will. They must. This club has a duty of care to win for it's members, particularly those who have waited all 46 years......... and counting.

You might think that if you leave now, you will live a happier life, one with less frustration. But i know that my father will only truly be happy, when we finally lift that elusive son of a [censored] aloft. WIth each passing second, another second draws nearer to when we finally do taste that success, whenever that may be. Stick by the club, you will be rewarded. Dare to dream. Go Dees!!!

i was at the Western oval that day as well. it was dam fine. We must Fight for Victory, not walk away.

All the best

Jurrah Mancrush

Another overly emotional

Footy is footy.

Life is life.

Two separate things. Didn't you get the instruction manual?

Of our elaborate plans, the end

Of everything that stands, the end

The demons awoke before dawn, they put their boots on

Went up the race past the peanut gallery

And they tried to get the ball

They went into the middle and got smashed, and... then they

Looked around at each other, and then they

Could not find the ball

And they played so poor(ly) ...and our hopes died

Demons, yes all, We want to kill you

Bailey... We want to... Fffffff....... Fire you!

C'mon Malthouse take a chance on us...

I get where you're coming from mate. I truly do. My old man has been following the club for close to 50 years. He was 4 years old when we last one a flag. He went to all those games through the 70's and 80's where he would celebrate a win like it was a premiership. Then came the late 80's early 90's. He talks of such times with passion, joy, hope. That infamous day, where the outer wing of the Western Oval was packed by 10am, full of Melbourne supporters. All hoped for a miracle. The roar when Melbourne hit the front, then again when Dunstall put the Hawks up against the Cats, who had led all day. How he would go to games just to see Robbie Flower play. This period has become folklore in our home. Now he feels like he's back in the late 70's/80's. He has gotten to the stage where he loves and hates this club, who can blame him. It's amazing how much importance can be placed on a game, in terms of life. But he has been hoping for so long, that it has become a big part of his life, many are just the same, myself included. Yet it is this game that brings me and my father closer together. He is rapidly becoming of the belief he will not live to see a Melbourne premiership. This fear is driven on hope, which is yet to be rewarded. He has often talked about being solely an AFL member, giving away his 35 consecutive-year Melbourne membership. I doubt he ever will though, and i doubt you will ever give up either. You're already in too deep to turn back now.

I have 11 more years than your father invested.

After watching last night I doubt I will live long enough.

I have lived this quite a few times it never seems to change.

New coach, new admin, new bunch of players.

Same result.

This morning I am back in survival mode.

i.e. I am happy we have survived in the competition and now to enjoy the few more wins we have this year.

End of story.

Hope your father and you get there DD.

True.

The problem is eth38 with the exception of 2-3 years I have had to survive 43 other years.

The MFC is littered with efforts like last night it is way more than one game!

The demons awoke before dawn, they put their boots on

Went up the race past the peanut gallery

And they tried to get the ball

They went into the middle and got smashed, and... then they

Looked around at each other, and then they

Could not find the ball

And they played so poor(ly) ...and our hopes died

Demons, yes all, We want to kill you

Bailey... We want to... Fffffff....... Fire you!

C'mon Malthouse take a chance on us...

Hahaha very good!

Seriously though, in response to the OP; when I was a kid I played junior footy as most here probably did. We were successful when I was 10-12 years old but by the time I was 16 we were only making up the numbers. When I was 17 I decided to ditch my team to go and play for another team where a lot of my mates were playing. Problem was my mates sucked at football, I played full back on a monster in my first practice game and had 15 kicked on me played another two games then quit. Meanwhile my old team went on to win the flag that year and being a b it older got to celebrate properly this time.

Is there a point to this? I'd say that as gutted as we all feel now we've invested too much to just turn our backs on the club. I couldn't stand giving the club away and then in 3 or 4 years they turn around and win the flag. It wouldn't be the same as if I had stuck through thick and thin like I have since I was 5 years old.