Ins and Outs

gOLLy

Lack of defensive pressure and intensity from the forwards should see Bennell, Jurrah, Wona, Martin ,Green and Moreton come under the spotlight. Hope big Spence, Cook, Petterd ,Bate, Joel Mac and Warnock have blinders for the Scorps.

Anyone who stars for casey this week should be straight in.

Consider the following.

IN: Newton, Maric, Pettard, Bate, Warnock, Blease, Strauss, Cook

OUT: Morton, Bennell, Wonna, Gysberts, Dunn (was weak against the suns)

-Wonna isn't fit enough. plays flat footed

-Bennell cannot apply forward pressure to lock the ball in.

-Dunn can't communicate with players around him. shows no leadership for a senior player.

-Gysberts has gone missing in two games

-morton has skills like a 12 year old at the moment.

Consider the following.

-Dunn can't communicate with players around him. shows no leadership for a senior player.

Players like Jurrah and especially Aaron Davey should not be missed.

These players need to get harder, more physical and stop jumping out of the damn way. So many of our players should have only been born with one arm. The only ever reach in at a contest.

Consider the following.

No way I would replace Wonna with Maric.Wonna is a good tackler and Maric seems frightened.Cook far too skinny!

No way I would replace Wonna with Maric.Wonna is a good tackler and Maric seems frightened.Cook far too skinny!

Maric Frightened! compared to Bennel

I have never seen him under a pack yet.

Still remember him pulling out against the pies in the first game.

He could have won that game.

Can we loose that much by playing Cook.

We played Watts for weeks when he was too skinny in a lot of peoples eyes.

Edited by old dee

no-one's mentioned frawley

a shocker and on that form would be dropped

has not played a good game since coming back

I can't understand it. it's not just chip it nearly the whole side - green davey etc

what the f is in the water at aami? should we go back to the junction and give the reverend a ring?

We need to have a different backline with MacDonald and Warnock back in for maturity.

Grimes must be taken out of defense and taught how to kick under pressure. He turns the ball over far too often at the moment.

Petterd comes in. Dunn has been useless in recent games.

Green must be moved back to a leading forward position with Jurrah alongside.

Green should not go outside the 50 and be leading the forward pressure when the ball hits the ground.

Morton will be out.

Bennell mystifies me.

Sylvia is just doing enough but he (and others) who have experience and talent should be ashamed of their efforts (Davey, Green, Sylvia, Frawley)and one of them should be dropped as an example that half hearted efforts from our better players will not be tolerated.

On a positive note Watts finally responded to his critics and put in with a physical and spirited display. He was much better than Nic Nak, who wanders around the park showing little skill unless the ball falls in his lap.

Jones and Trengove battled hard for the red and the blue showing those more talented and older respectively what can be done.

Out: Bailey

In: Malthouse or Roos

Malthouse in for 2012, And my 18 month old son Erik can take over for the balance of the year, he will not do a better job but it feels as though MFC are rock bottom at the moment and change is required..

The players were cleaned out when Bailey came in, now its time for a good hard look at the coaching staff.

Two certainties:

Dunn - did not contribute and is not providing the large bodied forward we need.

Bennell - does some great stuff but is the living proof of our softness.

Four possibilities. I reckon the selectors should be honest and hard, by dropping at least two of:

Frawley. Yes, big call but his form has been horrible. Needs a run at Casey.

Morton. Another big call but his game last night was timid, and his so-called skills absent

Sylvia. Needs his annual wake-up call. He is not getting the ball - he is waiting for it.

Maybe Gysberts. I love this kid but his game was only shadowed by Morton.

FOUR INS:

Warnock

Petterd

Blease (I think - unsure if this is too early)

Howe / Evans / McDonald???

Unfortunately, I think Strauss is injured.

Guest Deefence

Surely at least 5 changes. Dunn, wonna, Davey, gysberts, Morton, batram, bennell, frawley all should go. Grimes maybe.

Really? I thought this was Bartam's best game since his debut year. Hard pressure and didn't give up all night.

Grimes out before Bartram.

I think in the wake of that loss and with so many pushing for Selection at Casey, we should consider a number of changes. I for one don't care as much about the result next week (or any week at this stage) as endeavour and injecting half a dozen guys desparate to hold their spot for the next week may spark a change in attitude. I have watched every minute of every game so far this season and would argue that we have played no more than four good quarters of footy for the whole season on the back of insipid endeavour. The desparation isn't there. I would make the following changes for next week:

Maric for Wonna - Maric went out on the back of one ordinary performance, Wonna is yet to play a a good game

Petterd for Morton - Ricky has to be in the team. Morton looks like he is coasting and his skills so far this year have been atrocious

Newton or Bate for Dunn - Would like to see where both Newton and Bate are at given their form at Casey. Dunn is a pea heart.

Am shattered that Strauss is injured as I would've loved to see him come in for Bennell who I feel has not fired a shot this year. He gets no numbers and seemingly survives on one or two flashes a game. He has no will for the contest at all. Given he can't come in:

Joel Mac for Bennell - At least gives us some toughness and might allow Grimes into the midfield where his inept kicking won't directly result in goals to the opposition

And the most controversial:

Warnock for Frawley - I honestly don't think Warnock would offer any less than Chip is giving at the moment and we should take this opportunity to reward his great from for Casey. Chip could use a week to gain some confidence.

Others on notice include Davey, Green, Grimes and Jurrah. Gysberts deserves more chances and at least puts his head over the ball.

Can't see any issues with finding room for Jordie and Sculls when they're fit again.

Guest Thomo

Out - Davey

In - Someone that wants to play AFL football.

After last nights disgrace, I'd be calling Kevin Sheedy and seeing what we wants for him

In. Maric, Petterd, Blease, MacDonald

Out. Wonaeamirri, Bennell, Morton, Davey

Reasoning:

- Maric is no saviour, but he deserves his spot ahead of Wonaeamirri who, as already mentioned above, is yet to play a good game in 2011.

- Petterd for Bennell is a no-brainer. Bennell is dangerous at times but doesn't do enough and his hardness is questionable. Petterd, again no saviour but can bring a certain X-factor and target into the forward line.

- Blease for Morton. Not an entirely necessary change, but I'd really like to see someone like Blease come in. Someone who is not afraid to take the game on. I'm one of the few remaining Morton fans, but he needs a spell.

And finally, the "controversial" move of the week. Davey dropped. Somebody needs to be made a scapegoat, a statement from Bailey that nobody is safe from Casey. Similar to Adelaide dropping Vince, St.Kilda Milne and DalSanto etc... Davey is in poor form, doesn't attack the footy and (most importantly) does not run hard enough. When was the last time he ran a player down? I'd replace him with Joel MacDonald, who despite lacking a touch of polish, will give 100% and actually knows how to lay a tackle. Someone who actually doesn't mind getting his hands dirty.

Malthouse in for 2012, And my 18 month old son Erik can take over for the balance of the year, he will not do a better job but it feels as though MFC are rock bottom at the moment and change is required..

The players were cleaned out when Bailey came in, now its time for a good hard look at the coaching staff.

Blease is much too early. But you never know, Bailey seems to be developing a habit of giving players games that perhaps don't deserve them.

OUT: Morton (That was as bad a game as I have ever seen played)

Davey (Because he deserves a rocket)

Dunn (From the club not just the team, he's the next Brad Miller without the effort)

Bennell (Get a kick)

IN: No idea.

Not sure about Maric. What we all want to see is a lift in intensity. Maric was lacklustre (at best) in his 1.25 games. He is the antithesis of intensity. I'm not sure he is what we are looking for right at this moment.

Dunn has to go. Morton has to go. Bennell ought to go.

Petterd should come in. MacDonald should come in (push Tapscott/Grimes into the midfield).

I am conflicted.

I want to see players brought in that show the sort of intensity that could rub off on the rest of the team. To do this I'd drop players based on their work rate (or lack thereof). For this I'd bring in Macdonald, Jetta, Maric and Petterd (the latterd two based workrate at Casey this week). Out would go Davey, Morton, Jones and Dunn.

On the other hand, I want to see the our future side play games together. This would mean keeping some of these players but with very specific instructions and targets to reach re: tackling, chases etc.

I think we have a lot of players that think they are a lot better than what they are. Players that don't play their role because they think that they're Brendon Goddard rather than Jason Blake. It can be a tough pill to swallow for some players. How do we fix that?

Not sure about Maric. What we all want to see is a lift in intensity. Maric was lacklustre (at best) in his 1.25 games. He is the antithesis of intensity. I'm not sure he is what we are looking for right at this moment.

Dunn has to go. Morton has to go. Bennell ought to go.

Petterd should come in. MacDonald should come in (push Tapscott/Grimes into the midfield).

I am not sure on Maric either but he is on our list

and it is time to find out if he has any thing to offer.

Play him at mininium the next two weeks.

If not good enough then move on.

But hell what do we have to loose?

Another effort like last night.

Could he give less than Bennel or Wona last night?