This could be the nail in Bailey's coffin

fired up

You seriously think Malthouse is articulate? I find him a spluttering fool. I don't doubt he's a good coach, the record speaks for itself, but that doesn't make him bright. As to Bailey, did you see him interviewed?

You have obviously only seen him in a press conference after a game. Try watching an actual interview with him and you will see that he is switched on.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mick Malthouse is one of the sharpest coaches around....ad he is not bright??? :o

As for Bailey, he was clearly critical on the replay I saw in the last quarter. Jones dropped mark (where Nailey and Jones were clearly animated in discussion. There were a few other efforts which were 2nd rate from players who should be delivering more.

I am sure Jimmy and the Board read D'land and have determined the critical ingredient "Tell coach to get animated." Shrewd move.

No chief, the fact the president has to come out and say the team's effort is unacceptable suggests the coach has failed to state the obvious. When has Stynes done that before? There's a message in that, in my view. You guys clearly haven't heard Malthouse dribbling on about history. Semi-coherent drivel. Good at getting players to play for you and enforcing discipline and being intelligent are different things, in my book. But whatever. We all see things our own way.

You have obviously only seen him in a press conference after a game. Try watching an actual interview with him and you will see that he is switched on.

I have seen him interviewed. That's what I'm talking about. Paul Roos and James Hird are intelligent. Mick Malthouse is a dolt.

I do not understand a game plan that constantly has 18 MFC players in one half of the ground!

Would someone explain to me how you score when everyone is in the defensive end of the ground.

Time and Time we got the ball to the half forward line and there was no one to recieve the ball.

On five occasions I say players hold onto the ball and lose it or kick to vacant space

Because there was no one in the last 50 -60 meters of the ground.

And do not tell me I do not understand the modern Game.

IMO our game plan stinks and DB is the chief of that.

Is why we get slaughtered on the turnovers. Week in week out.

I have seen him interviewed. That's what I'm talking about. Paul Roos and James Hird are intelligent. Mick Malthouse is a dolt.

Mick has won three premierships Roos 1 and JH a little early.

Give me some of his "dolt"

Edited by old dee

No chief, the fact the president has to come out and say the team's effort is unacceptable suggests the coach has failed to state the obvious. When has Stynes done that before? There's a message in that, in my view. You guys clearly haven't heard Malthouse dribbling on about history. Semi-coherent drivel. Good at getting players to play for you and enforcing discipline and being intelligent are different things, in my book. But whatever. We all see things our own way.

Yes and its the Presidents role when a club gets beaten that badly. And its happened often before. Stynes is far better media performer than Bailey who plays a dead bat at those trivial post match conferences.

Did you ever think its takes intelligence to lead a group of players to perform at the highest level. And the coach can only encourage and guide players to be disciplined. Its the players choice and Malthouses ability to engage, persuade and direct are outstanding The coach cant force it on the players. But I guess thats not in your book. B)

Yes and its the Presidents role when a club gets beaten that badly. And its happened often before. Stynes is far better media performer than Bailey who plays a dead bat at those trivial post match conferences.

Did you ever think its takes intelligence to lead a group of players to perform at the highest level. And the coach can only encourage and guide players to be disciplined. Its the players choice and Malthouses ability to engage, persuade and direct are outstanding The coach cant force it on the players. But I guess thats not in your book. B)

Bailey's interview on Fox today was great. It was the opposite of his deadpan press conferences. That's what I was referring to. You need to work on your grammar mate before you start taking people's opinion's to task. I'm not denying Malthouse's ability with his players. I'm just saying that I don't find him very articulate -- in fact I find it excruciating listening to him trying to make a point in an interview -- and I don't think he's that smart. Good player and coach. No genius. And let's be honest here, Luke Ball brought across a lot of the details of the forward press from the Saints. If you want to speak of intellect, speak of Ball.

RR you may have never spoken words are more true than these.

Why are you a Melbourne supporter?

This club clearly gives you nothing but pain and you clearly hate everything we do, so stop wasting your time and move on.

God I HATE people who just complain about everything all the damn time... and WE WON! Absolute joke :rolleyes:

Melbourne were pathetic today. I felt sick in the guts as people sang the song and looked happy around me.

Melbourne were pathetic today. I felt sick in the guts as people sang the song and looked happy around me.

I don't disagree with you at all.

We were terrible today, but the constant whinging from supporters on this site is just so goddamn boring and pointless.

We got 4 points and at the end of the year nobody will remember this game or how much we won by.

It was an ordinary performance and we managed to get the points anyway. 3 years ago we would have been jumping for joy at that, so we have improved and the expectations are higher, and that's a good thing.

I understand that patience is a virtue and that it is wise at this stage to remember that our side is still young and developing. However I feel too often on these boards fellow demons supporters are jumped on for what are emotional, passionate responses to bad performances. I find it frustrating that if our team loses and someone gets upset they are told off for being "stupid" or told to go "barrack for Collingwood". As i have already stated I understand the process element of football and I am aware of where we are at....

However, this is not why I have passionately followed footy, more particularly the MFC, my whole life.

Last time I checked football is a sport, and I don't watch sport for development of process. If I wanted that I could get involved in mathematics, engineering, computer programming and have a far more enjoyable time watching developing plans come to fruition. Don't get me wrong I love footy stories and watching young players bloom into great footballers. But this is not the main reason I love the game.

The main reason I watch football is I believe our sport is unpredictable, when two teams of 22 blokes trained to play this great game go out to do battle I believe anything can happen, for better or worse. So to make the sport enjoyable to me I like to believe MFC can win any time, and I go into every game believing this. Every season I hope against hope we will win a premiership, whether we are in a window or not, and the reality is funny things happen in sport, even at the highest level. Who would have predicted our win against Freo during the dark years, or the two point win over Brisbane? Who thought the Hawks would win in 2008 or the Dees make the GF in 2000? Yes often the favourite wins and pundits theories stand up and the predicted teams do well, but not always... And this is the thrill and joy of sport. In fact I think it is the point of sport.

I do love to remain grounded with the theories and strategies we all believe the club is implementing for out future and I love the seemingly sane posts delivered when all seems lost pointing out statistics and experience factors I may not have considered. However, lets not be too quick to jump on those who get a bit overly passionate in the face of dissapointment, yes its awful when people bag the club or lose faith after a terrible loss, however aren't they merely getting burnt doing what all sports fans should do? Hoping against hope their team will win.

Edited by deejammin'

a win is a win, wether we played good football or not, getting the first set of four points for our season is always worth singing the song and being happy about.

also on a note related to bailey, good to see him give a rev up on the field at half time, he looked agro, and had a bit of mennace about him, and gave a few words to the boys before running off to the bench.

a win is a win

Fair enough, but I've never felt so deflated after a win.

Tactically we're inept and we've been caught off guard with the changes to the game over the off season. I recognise the talent we have, but I despair as to the coaching.

we only kicked 11 goals to 6 after quarter time! we only won by 2 goals!

SACK THE COACH AND EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

we only kicked 11 goals to 6 after quarter time! we only won by 2 goals!

SACK THE COACH AND EVERYBODY PANIC!!!

WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!

Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble! Rabble!

The first Demonland post in a while that's made me laugh. Perfect description of all the crap that goes on around here, thanks :)

Fair enough, but I've never felt so deflated after a win.

Tactically we're inept and we've been caught off guard with the changes to the game over the off season. I recognise the talent we have, but I despair as to the coaching.

This feeling is what I alluded to when I said that I didn't care if we won or lost, as long as we played well and got something out of it.

I was flat after today's win, didn't sing the song and I felt worse than I did after last week.

I expect many to disagree with me, but that's how I felt.

I won't dissect it, because that would open up a real can of worms.

edit: the above may have been misleading. I'm not prediction doom & gloom or that Bailey should be sacked, I just felt flat after the win and was left with a handful of questions that I'll keep to myself.

Not a lot of answers to be found, and some of my concerns were reinforced.

Edited by e25

That is good.

Also, as for those that question Bailey's ability as a coach, I'm not sure what adjustments were made after the first quarter, but something was done to quell the Lions' dominance and instead produce 2 straight 5 to 2 goal quarters.

If he takes the blame when things go wrong, surely when there's a turnaround he must get the credit...

That is good.

Also, as for those that question Bailey's ability as a coach, I'm not sure what adjustments were made after the first quarter, but something was done to quell the Lions' dominance and instead produce 2 straight 5 to 2 goal quarters.

If he takes the blame when things go wrong, surely when there's a turnaround he must get the credit...

So he'll take the blame for the first quarter too then right? Cancels out, which is why it was an empty(ish) feeling win...

I think we'll celebrate every win, especially the come from behind ones. Even if we started terribly, and some didn't turn up at all.

The remainder won us the game. That shows some strength, and the selectors who Must Go!

This feeling is what I alluded to when I said that I didn't care if we won or lost, as long as we played well and got something out of it.

I was flat after today's win, didn't sing the song and I felt worse than I did after last week.

I expect many to disagree with me, but that's how I felt.

I won't dissect it, because that would open up a real can of worms.

edit: the above may have been misleading. I'm not prediction doom & gloom or that Bailey should be sacked, I just felt flat after the win and was left with a handful of questions that I'll keep to myself.

Not a lot of answers to be found, and some of my concerns were reinforced.

Confide to us, can't be all that bad. We are caring and sharing here.

Edited by america de cali

So he'll take the blame for the first quarter too then right? Cancels out, which is why it was an empty(ish) feeling win...

1 quarter equates to 2..?

But then we lost the final quarter too...

In any case, it's irrelevant.

Unfortunately coaching ability isn't something so easily measured.

I'm just making a point, that coaches inevitably find over the course of a match they need to make tactical adjustments because things aren't working.

There have been a lot of assertions lately that Bailey is incapable of making these adjustments.

Today's game would indicate otherwise.

Malthouse and Roos are a pipe dream. Bailey is probably on one tenth of their asking price. In fact if Matthew Knights' salary/payout was anything to go by it's probably 1/20th.

IF Bails got the boot (and call me after next week to see if I'm jumping on that bandwagon) I can't see Stynes/Schwab/Connolly being able to resist Todd Viney. Might not be a bad move, we haven't had a coach from 'within' for 30 years.