MacDonald - not his best

Martin - career best performance

Tapscott - a wonderful debut

Davey - we needed more

Jetta - some important touches

Jamar - terrific all day

Bail - was rarely noticed

Green - just good enough

Jones - please don't kick (exxcept for goal)

Watts - angry pills required

Bennell - great in patches

Trengove - quality and poise

Sylvia - strong and dynamic

Dunn - finishing needs work

Petterd - in starting 18

Grimes- prolific but wasteful

Maric - ordinary all day

Garland - did his job

Moloney - tough and prolific

Jurrah - needs to defend

Rivers - worst on ground

McDonald - limited and wasteful

Martin - turned into footballer

Tapscott - mongrel and skill

Davey - beaten on the day

Jetta - better every game

Jamar - great ruckman's game

Bail - never eally in it

Green - beaten but important

Jones - up and down

Watts - made a contest

Bennell - building sizzling form

Trengove - becoming our best

Sylvia - solid but hurt?

Dunn - useful and wasteful

Petterd - match lifting performance

Grimes- solid but wasteful

Maric - couldn't continue form

Garland - hunted then hunter

Moloney - brilliant second half

Jurrah - attacking but hurt?

Rivers - was not noticed

McDonald - not his best

Martin - best kept secret??

Tapscott - will play 22

Davey - beaten by Shaw

Jetta - useful in parts

Jamar - solid all day

Bail - provided good run

Green - missed winning polish

Jones - shouldn't play wing!!!

Watts - needs 10% more

Bennell - started season nicely

Trengove - all round class - except kicking for goal wtf!

Sylvia - needs more ball

Dunn - useful and wasteful - like this one

Petterd - match lifting performance - like this one

Grimes- so much courage

Maric - still showed improvement

Garland - overcome early stagefright

Moloney - brilliant second half

Jurrah - must chase harder

Rivers - intensity should lift

Macdonald - typical average performance

Martin - string games together!

Tapscott - tough, skilled, brilliant

Davey - still most dangerous

Jetta - does hard things

Jamar - solid all day

Bail - tagging career awaits

Green - Not usual self

Jones - Off the pace

Watts - Just did enough

Bennell - Magic in bursts

Trengove - Sure and poised

Sylvia - Excellent work ethic

Dunn - Didn't do enough

Bartram - Hardly noticed him

Petterd - Excellent forward cameo

Grimes- Good but inaccurate

Maric - Never in it

Garland - Accounted for opponent

Moloney - Inspirational centre clearances

Jurrah - Must lift intensity

Rivers - Slow slow slow!

MacDonald - Battled all day

Martin - Turning point game?

Tapscott - Hard and assured

Davey - Second gear only

Jetta - Should keep spot

Jamar - Some sublime tapwork

Bail - No real impact

Edited by Range Rover

Green - Not usual self

Jones - Off the pace

Watts - Just did enough

Bennell - Magic in bursts

Trengove - Sure and poised

Sylvia - Excellent work ethic

Dunn - Didn't do enough

Petterd - Excellent forward cameo

Grimes- Good but inaccurate

Maric - Never in it

Garland - Accounted for opponent

Moloney - Inspirational centre clearances

Jurrah - Must lift intensity

Rivers - Slow slow slow!

MacDonald - Battled all day

Martin - Turning point game?

Tapscott - Hard and assured

Davey - Second gear only

Jetta - Should keep spot

Jamar - Some sublime tapwork

Bail - No real impact

RR is "just did enough" enough!

The guy is a number one draft pick.

How long do we except "just did enough" before he gets a rest at Casey?

Guest Guy Rigoni

"Watts - made a contest" "Watts - Just did enough" ???

Jack was by far worst on ground, to the point that myself and all the supporters around me sighed whenever the ball went within a 10m radius of him.

RR is "just did enough" enough!

The guy is a number one draft pick.

Probably not indefinitely Old Dee. Let's see how he goes next week.

He seems to be doing the small things right but if he doesn't have more of an impact then no doubt he is Casey bound.

Jack was by far worst on ground, to the point that myself and all the supporters around me sighed whenever the ball went within a 10m radius of him.

It wasn't his best game, but by no means was it his worst.

Rivers was definitely the worst on ground for us.

You were probably one of those clueless ijits that gave him grief when he was caught with the ball, after receiving a handball while flatfooted and surrounded by 4 opponents.

He was disappointing today, but to say he was the worst on the ground by far tells us more about your knowledge of football than his game.

I thought Rivers was our worst by a long way. Joel Mac and Maric should also be embarrassed with their games.

As long as it takes. He's too classy for Casey, and the mantra of "getting games into the kids" is nowhere more applicable than with young Jack.

No - you are wrong. Watts did some good things today. Several contested marks, blocks for teammates, clever handballs. Was not dominant at all but was useful. People love to hate Jack Watts but if you watch the game properly you'll see he is a valuable player and improving each week. All those who criticise Watts endlessly whenever he gets near it suffer from overexpectation of a 19 yr old and a lack of understanding of his role in the team. He is not a traditional key forward and that frustrates you, but support him he will be a star.

No - you are wrong. Watts did some good things today. Several contested marks, blocks for teammates, clever handballs. Was not dominant at all but was useful. People love to hate Jack Watts but if you watch the game properly you'll see he is a valuable player and improving each week. All those who criticise Watts endlessly whenever he gets near it suffer from overexpectation of a 19 yr old and a lack of understanding of his role in the team. He is not a traditional key forward and that frustrates you, but support him he will be a star.

I think you've got a different definition of 'valuable player' than I do, but I do think that - despite the flaws in his game today - Watts at least competed better than he has in the past (I imagine that's a result of another year of physical development). That's about as far as I'll go, though.

Bail - tagging career awaits

Like most in this thread, I didn't really notice Bail. Did he perform some impressive negating role I've simply overlooked while at the game?

Probably not indefinitely Old Dee. Let's see how he goes next week.

He seems to be doing the small things right but if he doesn't have more of an impact then no doubt he is Casey bound.

I hope I am wrong RR but the Hawks will scare him to death next week.

IMO next week might be the ideal time for a trip to Casey.

Their first game vs Geelong at home.

But it won't happen I am day dreamin again!

I think you've got a different definition of 'valuable player' than I do, but I do think that - despite the flaws in his game today - Watts at least competed better than he has in the past (I imagine that's a result of another year of physical development). That's about as far as I'll go, though.

Like most in this thread, I didn't really notice Bail. Did he perform some impressive negating role I've simply overlooked while at the game?

Me too Rogue but he does not do many things that stand out so perhaps we are being hard on him!

Where is the love for Bail? He did an excellent job on Kennedy, who had a minimal impact after some massive pre season hype about him taking it up a notch this year.

Watts looks a little frightened to me and not keen to put his body on the line at the moment.Hence he is often attacking the football from behind his opponent.Not great on the 2nd efforts either.Moloney showed him the way a couple of times on Sunday but he did not follow.

Also thought Maric wasn't all that keen to get involved physically on Sunday.

These may be harsh observations and I would like to hear the view of others ,however that's the way i saw it.

Where is the love for Bail? He did an excellent job on Kennedy, who had a minimal impact after some massive pre season hype about him taking it up a notch this year.

The coaches made a similar observation about Bail in their player assessment

They were generally praising most players, the only one who seemed to get a bad review was Maric:

Addam Maric: Addam has had a very good pre-season and he did some good work, but didn’t make the most of his opportunities in this game.

He could face a challenge to get the nod again next week, or at a minumum might be the sub. I think he deverves another chance though after a solid preseason and while Wonna gets up to full strength.

Cam Bruce - was not missed

James Frawley - come back soon - (was missed)

Jack Watts did some good 1 percenters in close and in marking contests. Was not worst by a fair margin. Some bad kicking errors from defence and poor decisions (Rivers and Grimes made a couple of real clangers)

Cam Bruce - was not missed

did you see his kick into the man on the mark that lead to an adelaide goal? very disappointing when I was barracking for the hawks (my misguided brothers team).

jurrah: markoftheyear, goaloftheyear, almost.

ha three words if you put them together! Almost got both of them in two minutes of play.

maric: disappointing after preseason. (but we now know what he can do)

pettard: sub no more

garland: learnt lots