Scully's management to talk to Melbourne this week

SoNotFunny

Is Scully the first player ever or the only player this year to leave contract discussions to the last minute? Are we all going to get into the other contracted players who have yet to announce what they are doing this year?

It is his right to wait til the end of the year, he is not holding the club to ransom, every player hopes to get a better contract and does whatever they think they can to better their own deals.

For what it is worth I think he will stay but I also think we will hear nothing new this week if there is a press conference.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it is worth I think he will stay but I also think we will hear nothing new this week if there is a press conference.

We haven't heard anything from Tom Himself, so as far as the Media is concerned anything said is new. The Media really do not care what the Content, not like we on here do.

A story is a story.

Is Scully the first player ever or the only player this year to leave contract discussions to the last minute? Are we all going to get into the other contracted players who have yet to announce what they are doing this year?

It is his right to wait til the end of the year, he is not holding the club to ransom, every player hopes to get a better contract and does whatever they think they can to better their own deals.

Yeah because 19y/o second year footballers hand out on contracts thus heaping unparalleled media scrutiny on himself, Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds ?? Why hold a presser with the man himself if there is nothing new to offer ?? I believe he will say he loves the Dee's & won't be goinging anywhere.

The fact that he himself may speak on his position is the new information. All we have heard is from other people, so to hear from Tom will be the new stuff.

I hope the people who believe he will announce he is staying are right, but in my opinion I think he will just let everyone know where he stands, which is that he will make a decision when the year finishes.

And why does it sound so ridiculous for a player to wait until the end of the year Steamin Demon, whether he is 19 or 29?

I doubt that Tom or his management thought there would be this much scrutiny until someone brought up his supposed move to GWS anyway?

jesus let's not get carried away

roost I love your optimism but 'marketer's dream?' this thing has been an ugly mess and when he signs the only emotion i have will be sheer relief, then it's time to start worrying about the rest of them

I cannot fathom why he would agree to anything with us or anyone else now, as opposed to the end of season.

as his manager will have made clear to him, whether he wants to stay with us or not it is almost certainly going to be more lucrative to do it later, because it is likely all players will be getting more, and his specific value will probably skyrocket even more with a good year. Any club in the comp could offer him more at seasons end than what the MFC are offering now, whats the harm in waiting and seeing? Plus he will have more influential information, such as how the team is going, how he is getting on with his teammateds and coach, and personal spects of his life like girlfirend, investments, family etc

why the hell would he sign now when he doesnt have to?

so what's the press conference for and what's he going to say?

Well for my two cents worth I think he will stay, but if he does not decide to stay with us so be it, he has a right to look after his own future and not worry what we think, yes he is an up and coming football and if he goes someone else will step up or recruited via the draft.

For the group of people who get emotional about this subject GET A LIFE, football is not the be all and end all it is just a sport and the MFC will go on to bigger and better things knowing that they did not pay a kings ransom for him, because from what I have read the club believes in sharing the salary cap fairly equally amongst the group.

I for one will back the board on their handling of these negotiations with his management.

The fact that he himself may speak on his position is the new information. All we have heard is from other people, so to hear from Tom will be the new stuff.

I hope the people who believe he will announce he is staying are right, but in my opinion I think he will just let everyone know where he stands, which is that he will make a decision when the year finishes.

And why does it sound so ridiculous for a player to wait until the end of the year Steamin Demon, whether he is 19 or 29?

I doubt that Tom or his management thought there would be this much scrutiny until someone brought up his supposed move to GWS anyway?

Why put the extra pressure on him if he's got nothing new to add?

The Press Conference will Feed the Chooks for the next couple of months, regardless of what is said.

Only if nothing's said will the chooks be well fed.

Only if nothing's said will the chooks be well fed.

No No Roost....The Press Confernce will make Back Page Headlines regardleess of what is said...That is a given.

The Paper will write a headline whether he stays or goes, they don't care-it all sells

No No Roost....The Press Confernce will make Back Page Headlines regardleess of what is said...That is a given.

The Paper will write a headline whether he stays or goes, they don't care-it all sells

So what your saying is Melbourne are holding presser just to sell papers ?

So what your saying is Melbourne are holding presser just to sell papers ?

No definately not. This Presser will be so the Media get there 30 minutes of questions & answers.

This will be used so the MFC can then say ok that's your lot, "now leave our kid alone"

This will be the one time he probably speaks to the media this year.

Good, get it out of the way-even if it is spin doctor rubbish, i don't care.

Tom will sign a contract at seasons end, once the price is finalized.

If by some miracle he commits to the Demons tomorrow, buy a Tattslotto Ticket immediately-because that will be like winning Division 1.

Guest Thomo

100% agree.

Why would he not have a press conference this week? Why should the club hide him?

Almost every other Melbourne player has fronted the press in the last few weeks. Tom is the Number one draft pick from one year ago, playing his first game of the season after a big build up and talk around the club of him dominating preseason, surely it is his turn for a press conference. If it wasn't for the speculation of GWS this would not even rate a mention prior to the press conference.

I expect him to say he has had a great preseason, the club has been conservative with a bit of knee soreness, looking forward to getting out there, nothing has been signed, loves the club, contract negotiations are on hold as per his management teams statement.

100% agree.

Why would he not have a press conference this week? Why should the club hide him?

Almost every other Melbourne player has fronted the press in the last few weeks. Tom is the Number one draft pick from one year ago, playing his first game of the season after a big build up and talk around the club of him dominating preseason, surely it is his turn for a press conference. If it wasn't for the speculation of GWS this would not even rate a mention prior to the press conference.

I expect him to say he has had a great preseason, the club has been conservative with a bit of knee soreness, looking forward to getting out there, nothing has been signed, loves the club, contract negotiations are on hold as per his management teams statement.

Spot On.

And this is why Eddiewood raised the Issue in early Feb....Gave it time to build up to what it is.

I am just as proud of the MFC who kept quiet and did not budge.

Edited by why you little

For the group of people who get emotional about this subject GET A LIFE, football is not the be all and end all it is just a sport

I haven't read our code of conduct lately but surely this kind of talk deserves a ban!

I hope he doesn't say he has done his knee and therefore has played his last match for the Dees- now that would be disastrous and no hope of reaching 40000 members..

Well for my two cents worth I think he will stay, but if he does not decide to stay with us so be it, he has a right to look after his own future and not worry what we think, yes he is an up and coming football and if he goes someone else will step up or recruited via the draft.

For the group of people who get emotional about this subject GET A LIFE, football is not the be all and end all it is just a sport and the MFC will go on to bigger and better things knowing that they did not pay a kings ransom for him, because from what I have read the club believes in sharing the salary cap fairly equally amongst the group.

I for one will back the board on their handling of these negotiations with his management.

Gee, sorry. Aren't people allowed to get a little emotional about the possibility of loosing the best prospect we've had at the MFC in 10 years?

Gee, I wish I had that much influence on proceedings!

I think there's more to it than that WYL. In Melbourne, Eddie quite rightly sees a threat on the horizon and he's seen an opportunity to put some hurt on us.

If this were a game of chess (which in many respects it is), he's aggressively put us in a check position while we fumble around trying to protect our king with pawns. Sometimes, you've got to go right back at 'em and be prepared to trade queens.

Perhaps, as the USA has proved it is far better to fight your war on somewelses patch.

jack viney was a huge signing for melb last year...if he was able to resist GWS...why shouldn't scully do the same? the only real argument for him to leave is money...can't see other reasons?!?!?! if he doesn't like melb then how does he know he'll like GWS? serious...he is staying!