• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Scully's management to talk to Melbourne this week

SoNotFunny

Yeah, this coincides and supports Mark Stevens 'tweet' during or just after the Melb v Ess match. Mark Stevens and Mark Robinson have put their name to this article ^. Should be a big press conference gallery on Friday [that's an understatement!]

And Mark Robinson has believed from the beginning that Scully would stay - hopefully Friday will put us all at ease.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry I wasn't aware of the nine-fold-only discussion rule

your explanation doesn't satisfy me except for the first 4 words

If that's the case, there is no way you will be satisfied with the remaining words then (after those 4 words). It's probably the more likely scenario. Why push him ? The club wouldn't want to put pressure on him or make him feel disenchanted. Why push him under all the spotlights when he might not be ready ? Do you want to risk having a falling out with him by making him feel uncomfortable ? Do you C&B - answer that ?

He is 19, young and should be made to feel comfortable at all times within the club. SO he can enjoy the 'environment' and 'surrounds' without being hassled. It may seem like hogwash to you, but unless you're in the inner sanctum, you wouldn't have the faintest.

If that's the case, there is no way you will be satisfied with the remaining words then (after those 4 words). It's probably the more likely scenario. Why push him ? The club wouldn't want to put pressure on him or make him feel disenchanted. Why push him under all the spotlights when he might not be ready ? Do you want to risk having a falling out with him by making him feel uncomfortable ? Do you C&B - answer that ?

He is 19, young and should be made to feel comfortable at all times within the club. SO he can enjoy the 'environment' and 'surrounds' without being hassled. It may seem like hogwash to you, but unless you're in the inner sanctum, you wouldn't have the faintest.

Geez, it must be tough being under the spotlight with knee soreness.

I still think having a press conference is a positive thing in terms of him staying. I doubt we'll get anything official and we are likely to still have to wait until end of year, but if he had already had a verbal agreement with GWS, then it would be unlikely for him hold a press conference.

I think it's more about proper preparation when your injured. Having to worry about a press conference like the one he is about to have would be a slight distraction.

That is an understatement...

I'm going to take what he says on Friday at face value, without reading into it and giving what he says a hidden meaning or ulterior motive.

Editing because if iPhone.

Edited by rpfc

He will repeat what the statement said:

"im happy at melbourne"

"i like playign with these boys"

" im waiting until the end of the year"

"i havent signed with anyone yet"

etc etc

Its going to prove nothing to us, it will just appease the media slightly in that they can write more articles taking him out of context and spreading the fear further.

Edited by stranga

Gee, I wonder what you will all be saying when he annouces that he hasnt signed with anyone and just wants to play footy, and will make a decision at the end of the year like he has been saying all along.

From what i hear Tom is sick of his team mates being asked about him and has wanted to front the media for a while about it.

I dont know if he'll stay or go, but I think he wont be re - signing or saying he will re - sign when he speaks with the media...

MFC are talking to his management because they are meeting with all there melb based clients.... Harrington is speaking with them more so for Jordan Gysberts than scully.

He will repeat what the statement said:

"im happy at melbourne"

"i like playign with these boys"

" im waiting until the end of the year"

"i havent signed with anyone yet"

etc etc

Its going to prove nothing to us, it will just appease the media slightly in that they can write more articles taking him out of context and spreading the fear further.

How does that appease the media? It does the exact opposite. The last thing journalists want to hear at the presser is an affirmative decision one way or another. Snuffs out the intrigue.

"The most hyped young player in the country"

Pathetic isn't it? Nobody in the media would say that about a Melbourne footballer unless it is in the context of him leaving us. Once he signs with us they'll go back to waxing lyrical over Hurley, Sidebottom, Martin, Franklin and Kruezer, you know the blokes that play for the clubs that buy more newspapers

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/demons-to-meet-tom-scullys-manager/story-e6frf9jf-1226013820760

"The most hyped young player in the country"

This is going to overshadow and disrupt our whole season. A decision needs to be made now.

Yep. Three Jack Trengove articles this year, three headlines above the story relating to Scully and the 1st paragraph not completed before the Scully question comes.

Do something about this Tom.

Yeah, this coincides and supports Mark Stevens 'tweet' during or just after the Melb v Ess match. Mark Stevens and Mark Robinson have put their name to this article ^. Should be a big press conference gallery on Friday [that's an understatement!]

Sorry to ask again, but can someone provide me the link to the specific tweet?

I too, have been following all these Scully threads just interested to see what fellow demonlanders have to say about a very serious issue for the MFC.

Firstly, people come to these forums to discuss and vent about issues like this, so people shouldn't get shut down and abused just because they are worried about losing potentially the best player of the next 10 years. If you can't handle the forums about tom, don't read them.. end of story.

I would like to add, it aint looking good..

However, we will be able to discover alot from Toms interview on friday.

If he says, 'I want to play with MFC and my mates for the rest of my career' We are safe

If he says, 'I want to leave to my management to work out' We are [censored]

90% of the players who have been linked to GWS have come out and said 'I want to play at my current club', so if Tom was that vested in our future plans, he would too, wouldnt he?

Its going to be sad to see him go (if he does) :)

Yes it is very important that Tom makes positive statements like Gary Ablett Jnr did in the Geelong advertiser

"I see myself very much as a leader on the field and I enjoy that part of it, but there's parts I need to work on off the field.

"I'd love to captain the Geelong Football Club one day, it's just something that would be great to do, it'd definitely be an honour. I love the club".

Talk is cheap

How does that appease the media? It does the exact opposite. The last thing journalists want to hear at the presser is an affirmative decision one way or another. Snuffs out the intrigue.

Thats what i meant by appease, but i should have said incite. It allows them to continue to beat up this story as his answers will leave us with as many doubts as before.

While i doubt it, all we can hope is that the club really are completely detached from what goes on in the media and public forum and that his desire to hold off talks is simply to try and get a better deal from us at the end of the year.

Yes it is very important that Tom makes positive statements like Gary Ablett Jnr did in the Geelong advertiser

"I see myself very much as a leader on the field and I enjoy that part of it, but there's parts I need to work on off the field.

"I'd love to captain the Geelong Football Club one day, it's just something that would be great to do, it'd definitely be an honour. I love the club".

Talk is cheap

Brock McLean

Thats what i meant by appease, but i should have said incite. It allows them to continue to beat up this story as his answers will leave us with as many doubts as before.

While i doubt it, all we can hope is that the club really are completely detached from what goes on in the media and public forum and that his desire to hold off talks is simply to try and get a better deal from us at the end of the year.

In following the advice of the money men at Velocity Sports, he's walking a very fine line between acting in self-interest and holding the club to ransom.

Unfortunately, with every article that appears with his face on it with lines such as "most hyped young player in Australia", his decision is adversely affecting the MFC and overshadowing the rest of the playing group. That's the reality of it.

At some point he has to consider that - as a 19yo - he should be grateful to the Melbourne Football Club for giving him his first shot at league footy and sign with us on fair terms.

Or, go for the big dollars and head up to Blacktown now to start training for 2012.

But make a decision either way.

I can understand how Scully would be sick of it. There has been too much media attention from supposed journalist who wouldn't know how to string a decent article together. It does make me believe that he hasn't signed with anybody though, as there would be no use in GWS stirring up this much media frenzy if Tom had supposedly given them a heads of agreement. If that was the case, GWS would have just shut up and wait for the season to finish.

In following the advice of the money men at Velocity Sports, he's walking a very fine line between acting in self-interest and holding the club to ransom.

Unfortunately, with every article that appears with his face on it with lines such as "most hyped young player in Australia", his decision is adversely affecting the MFC and overshadowing the rest of the playing group. That's the reality of it.

At some point he has to consider that - as a 19yo - he should be grateful to the Melbourne Football Club for giving him his first shot at league footy and sign with us on fair terms.

Or, go for the big dollars and head up to Blacktown now to start training for 2012.

But make a decision either way.

garbage

he doesn't owe us anything, he worked his arse off like a freak his whole life to be the number one kid in the country and he would still obviously be playing league footy if we hadn't 'given him his first shot'

all we did was play an appalling season of football and got handed him

Edited by Curry & Beer

garbage

he doesn't owe us anything, he worked his arse off like a freak his whole life to be the number one kid in the country and he would still obviously be playing league footy if we hadn't 'given him his first shot'

all we did was play an appalling season of football and got handed him

One day, hopefully, you will shed your inferiority complex about being a Melbourne 'supporter'.

A powerful, confident club should have the attitude ... "We only want players who want to be a part of our great club" ... and be prepared to accept the consequences of that mantra.

Tip-toeing around issues like this is a sign of weakness.

Edited by Range Rover

What I find bemusing is the growing legion of supporters who are convinced that this will be a "distraction" the longer this situation drags out.

These cliches have been around so long that people seem to blindly believe them without giving the matter any thought.

It's only a distraction for frustrated supporters.

Why do so many fail to see that after being asked the first couple of times, the questions will become mildly annoying and monotonous.

Much like all the other questions that football journos ask.

It becomes a distraction only if your coach behaves like a petulant child and develops a rift between him and the player in question.

Scully'll learn to get used to the speculation very quickly, then put his head down & get on with it.

But of course, all this distraction is what caused our loss to Essendon on the weekend...