• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

THE TOM SCULLY TO GWS THREAD

DirtyDees DDC

That may be the case...it also may not be...there are a number of factors...B&F finish I think is one...but pick in the draft they were taken at...how much they will be paid at their next club is another...and the reported figures alnone may be enough to get us to the top tier...

Not saying I know...or agree we should play him at Casey...but not sure what you are saying is fact...

How he performs in the B&F is a major factor in the formula.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Scully has genuinely not made up his mind and wants to wait until after the season?

I know that I would do exactly that.

I mean, if he makes a decision now, I reckon it's easy.

You choose the money at GWS.

If he waits and plays the season out, the bonds become stronger.

He sees the promise in the team and where we are headed.

He realises that playing with his mates is more important to him than cash.

If he genuinely has not made a decision, it is well and truly in our best interests for him to take the whole season to make a decision.

If he has decided GWS he will take that long anyway, so we won't know.

If he is very close to deciding us, I'd (as a friend, not as a supporter) advise him to wait until the end of the season.

Take your time, make the right decision.

(NB. I am not his friend, but if I were...)

Dude it is really quite simple and you have missed the point of my analogy entirely, why did Scully and his management say he wouldn't not be signing a contract until the end of the season??? Was it because he wanted to focus on his footy??? F#$K me how is he going to focus on football with this circus goin on, hell the season hasn't even started. If he were serious about focusing on his footy then he would have signed an extension already.

To me this is flakey behaviour and if a girl were to exhibit this, colour her gone. No problem with my GF speaking to any guy, having guy friends etc etc, but if inconsistencies pop up then its time to move on rather than [censored] a dead horse. That being said I am single, have 6 cats and am about to pop out and buy a hawaiian shirt for my next over 40's P&O singles cruise.

Why do people have to tip toe through life hanging on to the notion it will somehow resemble a hollywood movie, man up.

Well, where to start...

Frack it.

This is nuts - the kid hasn't gone (why would he go? And have some confidence in your club. Your patheticness is wearing thin) and him waiting till the end of the season (or toward the end) is to get the best deal from whoever he signs with.

We will pay over the odds for him but we will keep the kid.

Rest assured, stop the hand-wringing and teeth knashing, get on with life and stop pushing a good kid out the door with your neurotic natterings.

(That wasn't directed at any individual)

What is the formula?

The formula is a secret.

No surprises there, because it would very hard to create one that was fair and the criticism would be incredible.

not sure if this has been posted

"As far as Tom's contract is concerned, the club will deal with that but we're certainly not going to speculate or add any fuel to the fire," Bailey said on Wednesday.

"It's just speculation. It's unfounded until I'm told otherwise. The speculation will continue and I'm sure that's part of all your jobs to speculate and provide some innuendo but it's not going to distract us from what we're about."

There's no doubt about it that the sh1ts and giggles and mindgames have started. Sheedy, McGuire, the list will continue.

The problem is that we haven't even started the NAB Cup. This will go on and on and on. The club will stand steadfast like any club in this situation and say they are focusing on the footy but let's not kid ourselves this will grow week in and week out and will definitely affect the club.

The AFL is largely at fault here IMO.

After last year processes should have been put in place to avoid the circus that was Ablett. The "will he or won't he" scenario I have no problem with, Tom Scully is fully entitled to lay off negotiations until the end of the year and the stark possibility of him leaving is something we should be prepared for. Those who wish to speculate including supporters, the media or other club identities will do so.

However, the "has he or hasn't he" scenario which is what has reared again from the Eddie commentary is more fuel which could have been avoided and illustrates what a farcical situation this club (or any other club) could be in. If the AFL had put into place a basic requirement of disclosure wrt signed contracts or MOUs a lot of this sh1tstorm would be avoided, unfortunately the AFL actually likes to perpetuate this crap.

If such a disclosure requirement was in place wrt a current player having already signed with another club:

1) Clubs would know immediately which current players would not be on the list in future seasons and could act in the best way they see fit wrt player development and list management.

2) Speculation as to whether a player will leave is inevetable until an announcement has been made and that is a fact of life. Speculation that a player has signed with another club has IMO greater potential to be destabilising to a club than the "will he or won't he" crap and to an extent may be avoided.

3) Importantly, in the event of no news of a signing (because a player genuinely does want to wait until the end of the season before negotiations) it may alay a large proportion of the crap that goes on in the media which does effect a club and at least give the process a remote chance of taking its natural course (which is something Cam Schwab touched on).

The club doesn't deserve this, Tom Scully doesn't deserve this and even Melbourne supporters shouldn't have to go through this crap. The media will always be the media (and sometimes publicity can be good if things turn out well) but the circus will be bigger than necessary due to a lack of sound AFL policy in the matter (IMO).

Edited by 1858

That may be the case...it also may not be...there are a number of factors...B&F finish I think is one...but pick in the draft they were taken at...how much they will be paid at their next club is another...and the reported figures alnone may be enough to get us to the top tier...

Exactly. They take into account what pick you went within 5 years of 2011 and how much GWS will be paying for Tom. So pick 1 only 2 years ago and 1mil+ from GWS.

That should be a Gablett like compensation. A pick after our first round pick and a future pick 10.

I can understand why he and his manager wants to wait but he's no gary ablett. He's a second year player still trying to find his way and the pressure he is putting on himself is self defeating.

If Tom doesn't resign by mid year, he's gone.

man it is going to be torture watching him all year. I won't feel much like celebrating when he plays a good game. Whatever happens from here the pressure has just gone up on him tremendously. Fancy running around out there with everyone talking about you as one of the highest paid players in the game in your second year and your teammates not knowing if you are in or out. This sucks.

Well said, I feel exactly the same.

For christ sake you are like a lot of lovestruck teenagers who breaks up with a girl and keeps her number in the hope she will contact you again. Delete the number and move on, life is far too short.

Yeah, except that:

1- the girl is Miranda Kerr,

2- she hasn't said that she's breaking up with you, nor has she given any indication of it,

3- she's already committed to having sex with you for the rest of the season,

4- she's given no indication that she won't continue to have sex with you for the rest of your life,

5- your next girlfriend is unlikely to be Miranda Kerr, and

6- it's Miranda Kerr.

So you'd break up with Miranda Kerr just because you got paranoid and confronted her about accusing her of cheating on you without any evidence, simply because some jealous guy from West Sydney started a rumour that she's cheating on you.

So I assume that you're real name isn't Orlando Bloom.

How he performs in the B&F is a major factor in the formula.

Whilst it has been suggested by the AFL that this a factor in their magical, top-scret "formula", I'm not sure it actually is in practice.

The compensation for Rischitelliwas announced on Sep 7 2010, 2 days before their their B&F was held (which he won).

Given it wasn't yet announced, it would have been fairly hard for the AFL to take into account Rischitellis' B&F win in deciding on the compensation.

Guest 36DD

Well, where to start...

Frack it.

This is nuts - the kid hasn't gone (why would he go? And have some confidence in your club. Your patheticness is wearing thin) and him waiting till the end of the season (or toward the end) is to get the best deal from whoever he signs with.

We will pay over the odds for him but we will keep the kid.

Rest assured, stop the hand-wringing and teeth knashing, get on with life and stop pushing a good kid out the door with your neurotic natterings.

(That wasn't directed at any individual)

Appreciate that mate, I also respect your view, its just the way I am interpreting things I reckon he is gawn.

Dustin Martin, he were happy to sign an extension with the Tigers, thus avoiding all the rubbish we are now experiencing.

Ok if we are going to pay over the odds, then why not do it now??? Give him the maximum we can afford, if he's with us he will sign, if he dont he is gone.

Why would he risk a serious injury which could decrease his earning potential just to sign a contract at the end of the season???

You may determine things to be neurotic mutterings, i may counter that with the belief that you are looking at things through rose coloured glasses.

The evidence seems to be there, I wouldn't begrudge him if he left, I just want the clubs interests to be at the forefront of everything. This is seriously goin to effect the teams performance this year, life is too short, we will never get 2011 back.

In anything in life, actions speak louder than words

Edited by 36DD

I have some facts, Tom Scully is extremely upset that Jack Watts holds the Demonland record for the longest ever post. He has informed the club that unless he holds this record he will leave the club. Come on do your bit keep posting and we will keep Tom.

A player from the mfc player told me last night not to worry about scully, he'll be a demon

For the Land regulars - I am going to say that this is different because Freak is relaying someone else's view.

So the 'rule' doesn't apply in this case.

I have some facts, Tom Scully is extremely upset that Jack Watts holds the Demonland record for the longest ever post. He has informed the club that unless he holds this record he will leave the club. Come on do your bit keep posting and we will keep Tom.

there is no conclusion in sight either, this could end up over 1000 posts or more!

The formula is a secret.

No surprises there, because it would very hard to create one that was fair and the criticism would be incredible.

Last I remember there were changes in regard to B&F and its impact in the formula given it was open to club manipulation and or other factors and a greater importance placed on what GC/GWS is offering as that is a better indication of his market value...

Not sure though...

A player from the mfc player told me last night not to worry about scully, he'll be a demon

God dammit Freak!

it was nice having scully on the list...

For the Land regulars - I am going to say that this is different because Freak is relaying someone else's view.

So the 'rule' doesn't apply in this case.

Thank heavens for that.

Nice ruling rfhpc

If I was Scully and I hadn't yet signed and I discovered that GWS had played a role in adding fuel to the fire regarding his contract situation, I'd be signing on the dotted line for Melbourne tomorrow. The pressure this latest speculation has placed on him is enormous. I'd be [censored].

If I was Scully and I hadn't yet signed and I discovered that GWS had played a role in adding fuel to the fire regarding his contract situation, I'd be signing on the dotted line for Melbourne tomorrow. The pressure this latest speculation has placed on him is enormous. I'd be [censored].

I concur.