Cameron Bruce

WonnaJurah

He is listed as a MFC player- that what counts.My understanding he agreed with terms last week.

Definitely not the case as the offer is on the table. Hopefully he agrees to terms before Monday. Or on Monday. Either or either.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not the case as the offer is on the table. Hopefully he agrees to terms before Monday. Or on Monday. Either or either.

Bailey just said on SEN he expects Bruce to sign this week and be at training on monday leading the way as he usually does.

Maybe it's just me but I heard a little niggle in. Baileys voice. Sounded like an order. Ie You will sign .. You will be there , so let's stop all this charade etc .

Bit over it personally . He's not the be all and end al. Stay, go .. Irrelevant to our overall climb upwards

Bailey just said on SEN he expects Bruce to sign this week and be at training on monday leading the way as he usually does.

Clearly, Bailey has served one deep to the back hand of Bruce, cramping him for room. Nice kick serve Bails.

Bailey also said captain won't be announced for a month or so (no hurry) and named Bruce as one of about 5 who are in the mix

Make what you want out of that

Bailey also said captain won't be announced for a month or so (no hurry) and named Bruce as one of about 5 who are in the mix

Make what you want out of that

I'm not sure what to make out of that...ooh I know ! Incentive to sign on the dotted line for 1 year. :)

I'm willing to bet it's written into his contract...

NB: I'm taking the pi$$ out of anyone who thinks that captaincy clauses exist in AFL contracts...

Maybe it's just me but I heard a little niggle in. Baileys voice. Sounded like an order. Ie You will sign .. You will be there , so let's stop all this charade etc .

Bit over it personally . He's not the be all and end al. Stay, go .. Irrelevant to our overall climb upwards

Yeah, probably.

I think that if Bruce signs on for one year, he will get 1, after that.

In an ideal world where we take a bunch of rookies this draft year, a player like Bruce, who is currently on about 224 games, & who may play, say 18 games next year, = 242 games... He's then need 8 games for the 250 milestone.

We could give him a half season to get him to the (250), before a possible negotiated, mid season retirement.

This would give us the opportunity to then make a rookie elevation of a player who may be looking the goods.

Bailey and the FD have made an offer to Bruce which he may or may not accept

Bruce and his manager will seek out other better opportunities IF THEY EXIST and i have no problem with that

Bailey has already set a precedence with others and will not change the clubs stance

You cant have the tail wagging the dog

In 2011 Bruce will wear a red and blue jumper or t shirt and jeans in my opinion

Yeah, probably.

I think that if Bruce signs on for one year, he will get 1, after that.

In an ideal world where we take a bunch of rookies this draft year, a player like Bruce, who is currently on about 224 games, & who may play, say 18 games next year, = 242 games... He's then need 8 games for the 250 milestone.

We could give him a half season to get him to the (250), before a possible negotiated, mid season retirement.

This would give us the opportunity to then make a rookie elevation of a player who may be looking the goods.

The last thing I wan't to see is a player being kept on so that he can reach a milestone of games. If he wants that then he should go to somewhere like Carlton where they could accommodate him ala Mick Martyn. If he hasn't shown any commitment at this late stage of the year then I don't mind if he takes a permanent hike.

The last thing I wan't to see is a player being kept on so that he can reach a milestone of games. If he wants that then he should go to somewhere like Carlton where they could accommodate him ala Mick Martyn. If he hasn't shown any commitment at this late stage of the year then I don't mind if he takes a permanent hike.

I think you misunderstand my focus. the focus is to bring on another young rookie mid season, & in doing this we also get a good servant to the milestone at the same time.

Melbourne is chronically short on for high games players in our records. If he doesn't deserve those games,,, He Won't get them.

There is an advantage to bring on a rookie mid season, for a young guy who may not stand the rigors of a full AFL season straight off.

Bruce probably deserves one more year, on his form through the second half of this year. He may well deserve a chance to get near the milestone as well, time will tell. This could be a way of having & eating that cake.

I dont agree. Staying on the straight line as it were, shouldn't include free rides to milestone games just because our records indicate we are a bit thin at the top of the leaderboard of games played for the club. They must be earnt. And if they are earnt on form all well and good. The focus is strengthening the list towards the club's goal - A Flag. The FD wouldn't and shouldn't I believe lose sight of this.

I think you misunderstand my focus. the focus is to bring on another young rookie mid season, & in doing this we also get a good servant to the milestone at the same time.

Melbourne is chronically short on for high games players in our records. If he doesn't deserve those games,,, He Won't get them.

There is an advantage to bring on a rookie mid season, for a young guy who may not stand the rigors of a full AFL season straight off.

Bruce probably deserves one more year, on his form through the second half of this year. He may well deserve a chance to get near the milestone as well, time will tell. This could be a way of having & eating that cake.

I didn't realise you were serious.

If Bruce gets to play on in 2012 then he will be played - and not to reach some milestone. We should be pushing the top 4-6 in 2012 and you think there is worth in promoting a rookie in place of Bruce?!

There will be 5-10 players on our primary list who won't get a look in before we start to think about playing rookies.

Again- my information-says he agreed last week.To me a verbal agreement is the same-a commitment.Bailey did not say he hadn't signed it either by the way- just said he expected him to be there on Monday next.When he is-- then I expect an apology.

Apology for what? Its within the natural scope of this forum to speculate when there is a lack of information and clearly other issues are behind this resigning. If he won't be upfront he deserves all the scrutiny he gets.

If you are right take it for a credit. No need for hubrus.

Edited by america de cali

Again- my information-says he agreed last week.To me a verbal agreement is the same-a commitment.Bailey did not say he hadn't signed it either by the way- just said he expected him to be there on Monday next.When he is-- then I expect an apology.

Agree with america de cali. No apology needed. Bailey said the "offer is on the table"...which would indicate it is not signed. Verbal agreement or not.

You sound confident, your putting your balls on the chopping block that is for sure.

To me, there is no such thing as a verbal agreement. I will wait for a signature with semi-bated breath.

Bruce is odds on to stay, but it is damn well clear there has been no agreement at this stage.

But jcb, you can still pat yourself on the back when he comes to training Monday like we all expect, without you ever actually knowing.

If Bruce gets to play on in 2012 then he will be played - and not to reach some milestone. We should be pushing the top 4-6 in 2012 and you think there is worth in promoting a rookie in place of Bruce?!

Agree.

More speculation in the AGE. Perhaps a top five team may be showing interest.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bruce-yet-to-resign-with-dees-20101103-17e27.html

Or just his manager blabbing. :rolleyes:

But apologising for not believing a poster on Land concerning players' contracts is not required.

Indeed. Especially when you have track form on the source. There are posters whose information I would trust and then there is..well...

Agree with america de cali. No apology needed. Bailey said the "offer is on the table"...which would indicate it is not signed. Verbal agreement or not.

A verbal agreement is not the same as a written executed agreement. At present it is still offer on the table until Bruce signs.

You sound confident, your putting your balls on the chopping block that is for sure.

To me, there is no such thing as a verbal agreement. I will wait for a signature with semi-bated breath.

Yes i remember Jeff Farmer on "Demon Radio" telling us all he really wanted to be a 10 year player at Melbourne-Within weeks he had left.

Talk can be cheap. I wait for a signature.