Cameron Bruce (ouch)

GRUN DEE

Keyboard warriors?

You've just embarrassed yourself.

This is a football forum for people to give opinions.

It seems most people's opinion is that he was soft and overrated.

You disagree. Not need to introduce insults.

Most people's opinion? Ever heard of the phrase the noisy MINORITY? You kid yourself Yze Magic disciple.

CB would be ripe for the ex-Demon curse... look at TJ, Brocky, Chris Johnson etc. All of them did close to nothing after moving on, and for CB that's not a big bridge to cross.

I'm just looking forward to Ol' Brucey hitting more Melbourne players than ever with handballs when we play the Dorks...

Guest Thomo

Keyboard warriors?

You've just embarrassed yourself.

This is a football forum for people to give opinions.

It seems most people's opinion is that he was soft and overrated.

You disagree. Not need to introduce insults.

People who post judgements on players personal character based on Radio rumours are keyboard Warriors of the highest rank.

Guest Thomo

CB would be ripe for the ex-Demon curse... look at TJ, Brocky, Chris Johnson etc. All of them did close to nothing after moving on, and for CB that's not a big bridge to cross.

I'm just looking forward to Ol' Brucey hitting more Melbourne players than ever with handballs when we play the Dorks...

Jolly and Thompson kicked on ok.

Quite frankly I don't put much cred in much off what Bruce says. He changes his TAC mid sentence. He'll bend and spin to make out he's somehow hard done by.ffs he fleeced the club for years and then shirked it when asked to truly prove his rhetoric.

Bailey was indeed contemptible. It was , and with dismay, in reaction to Bruces stance . Bailey didnt cause Bruce to go. Bruce caused Bruce to go.

Exactly what leadership do we lose with Cam going ? Couldn't lead with a Jack of diamonds for mine.

Much of what many of us have suspected for years but were berated on these boards for even intimating has now been validated.

And the Poos won't be adding to the cupboard any time soon. Bruces intuition regarding clubs is about as good as his decision making on the pitch; wayward and poorly executed.

This thread is an absolute embarrassment, full of keyboard warriors.

Cam Bruce was, in my opinion, Melbourne’s best player over the past 10 years. He knows that his days are numbered at Melbourne, so he has looked for an opportunity elsewhere in the hope of extending his career.

Football is his livelihood. Is anyone who is bagging him for not being a one club player going to pay his Mortgage in 2011? Anyone kicking in for McDonalds kids School fees this year? Decades ago players like Robbie Flower had jobs to go to and a life ready for when football was over, now they are professionals and they make decisions based on what is best for them and their families. Most of you praise the Club for being professional about the list management and not letting emotion get in the way, but bag a player for not making emotional decisions? Can’t have it both ways.

He was a great servant of the Club and deserves respect, he has decided to move on and it is not a huge loss to the club. Good luck to him.

Agree and now let's get on with our list, our team and the prospects we have now and in the future. Cam Bruce RIP.

Just a simple observation :

In an era when in all reality we sometimes struggled to get a decent (fit) side on the paddock, let alone an "a" team, Bruce was quite happy to strut his stuff and preen his wallet. The minute we fill the team with real talent and ask him to step up and back himself he high tails it feigning indignation.

Words are words but actions define the person !!

People who post judgements on players personal character based on Radio rumours are keyboard Warriors of the highest rank.

Thanks for pointing that out. Was there a point to it?

You & Bobby are clutching at straws like Bruce groupies.

Funny to hear the "noisy minority" mentioned...

So what exactly is the fundamental difference between the situation his is now in at Hawthorn compared to his previous situation at Melbourne?

Apart from being on less money that is.

poo and wee guernsey I guess?

less money than he was on in 2010 or what MFC offered for 2011?

Guest Thomo

Thanks for pointing that out. Was there a point to it?

You & Bobby are clutching at straws like Bruce groupies.

Funny to hear the "noisy minority" mentioned...

Yes - You are a keyboard Warrior. Let me know if I can help you comprehend anything else.

poo and wee guernsey I guess?

less money than he was on in 2010 or what MFC offered for 2011?

Good question, the "vibe" I got was less than what we offered for 2011 but I don't know that for sure. Perhaps someone can elaborate. Having said that for a team like Hawthorn with such a high amount of experienced players I 'm guessing salary cap could be a factor here though.

And getting rid of of Junior and Cam is hardly going to see us gain any momentum in 2011. I think we will struggle due to our serious lack of EXPERIENCE. BTW for those who think Bruce walked out consider his comment that Bailey and co showed complete CONTEMPT towards him. Akin to them saying,"Thanks mate for 11 great seasons, here is the door." Fitness, not age, should have been considered here and Bruce certainly doesn't have any fitness problems. I mean, is 31 really ancient? Remember Robert Harvey and Craig Bradley? They were in their late 30's and still playing great footy. Sad also to see the comments here of the old Bruce knockers. They just can't help themselves with all their completely inaccurate crap about him as a player.

The thing is Bobby it's not all about 2011.

and I don't doubt that he will be capable of good footy in 2011 and it seems neith does the club, offering him a contract next year on good money. 2012 is another propersition however and a question best considered at the end of 2011.

He wanted more security and we didn't want to commit ourselves to soething that could compromise the building of our preimeriship team, it's not that hard to digest.

Cam Bruce was, in my opinion, Melbourne’s best player over the past 10 years. He knows that his days are numbered at Melbourne, so he has looked for an opportunity elsewhere in the hope of extending his career.

Bullsh!t. Macca was.

And he can leave. I have said that is fine. But he hasn't said why he has left other than vague 'i have to think about his future' even though he is only on a year long contract albeit with a trigger for 2012.

He wants to win a flag, fine. But come out and say that.

Football is his livelihood. Is anyone who is bagging him for not being a one club player going to pay his Mortgage in 2011? Anyone kicking in for McDonalds kids School fees this year? Decades ago players like Robbie Flower had jobs to go to and a life ready for when football was over, now they are professionals and they make decisions based on what is best for them and their families. Most of you praise the Club for being professional about the list management and not letting emotion get in the way, but bag a player for not making emotional decisions? Can’t have it both ways.

He was a great servant of the Club and deserves respect, he has decided to move on and it is not a huge loss to the club. Good luck to him.

You do realise that he is probably on less at Hawthorn?

They have less space and we had him on the VL. All that adds up to him taking a pay cut to go to the Hawks.

And getting rid of of Junior and Cam is hardly going to see us gain any momentum in 2011. I think we will struggle due to our serious lack of EXPERIENCE. BTW for those who think Bruce walked out consider his comment that Bailey and co showed complete CONTEMPT towards him. Akin to them saying,"Thanks mate for 11 great seasons, here is the door."

Where did he say that?

And we offered him a f@cking contract!! On around $300k!

How is that showing him the door?!

Fitness, not age, should have been considered here and Bruce certainly doesn't have any fitness problems. I mean, is 31 really ancient? Remember Robert Harvey and Craig Bradley? They were in their late 30's and still playing great footy. Sad also to see the comments here of the old Bruce knockers. They just can't help themselves with all their completely inaccurate crap about him as a player.

Bruce is not Harvey or Bradley. Let's just take the glasses off for a second.

And he is fit, great. Then he should back himself to play in the 22 in 2011 and get that second year.

Ther was a space for him on the VL.

It was all there for him. But he wanted a trigger for 2012 or that second year in writing and with our talent being ten years his junior we had other priorities.

Cam Bruce could have stayed and had that second year very easily.

He wanted a flag so he has [censored] off, and that's fine.

I just wish he would come out and say that so some 'keyboard heroes' would stop embarrassing themselves...

I think we will struggle due to our serious lack of EXPERIENCE.

Bruce left the club because he wouldn't accept our terms. We wouldn't accept his. Good luck to him, he's not the first to leave a football club and we'll get over it.

I doubt if his "experience" is going to be the difference between going down or up the ladder in 2011. Despite our youth, we still have at least 20 players on our list who are into their third season or more. Brad Green has 11 seasons' experience, Rivers and Moloney 8, MacDonald, Sylvia and Aaron Davey 7.

I think the effects of losing Bruce's experience will be over-rated, and others will step up.

Guest Thomo

Bullsh!t. Macca was.

And he can leave. I have said that is fine. But he hasn't said why he has left other than vague 'i have to think about his future' even though he is only on a year long contract albeit with a trigger for 2012.

He wants to win a flag, fine. But come out and say that.

You do realise that he is probably on less at Hawthorn?

They have less space and we had him on the VL. All that adds up to him taking a pay cut to go to the Hawks.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks McDonald had a better ten years. Thinking about it now I might agree with you, so Cam top two for the last ten years.

Without knowing all the facts, it seems that Bruce may be on less next year at Hawthorn, but with a better chance of getting another year, so potentially he can earn more over the next couple of years.

Where did he say that?

And we offered him a f@cking contract!! On around $300k!

How is that showing him the door?!

Bruce is not Harvey or Bradley. Let's just take the glasses off for a second.

And he is fit, great. Then he should back himself to play in the 22 in 2011 and get that second year.

Ther was a space for him on the VL.

It was all there for him. But he wanted a trigger for 2012 or that second year in writing and with our talent being ten years his junior we had other priorities.

Cam Bruce could have stayed and had that second year very easily.

He wanted a flag so he has [censored] off, and that's fine.

I just wish he would come out and say that so some 'keyboard heroes' would stop embarrassing themselves...

Well explained rpfc

I too would like to know where the Bailey showed contempt to him comment came from

Yes - You are a keyboard Warrior. Let me know if I can help you comprehend anything else.

P!ssweak insults again.

I'm just stating my opinion.

Why don't you try forming a coherent argument?

Then I'll listen to you.

I wouldn't argue with anyone who thinks McDonald had a better ten years. Thinking about it now I might agree with you, so Cam top two for the last ten years.

Without knowing all the facts, it seems that Bruce may be on less next year at Hawthorn, but with a better chance of getting another year, so potentially he can earn more over the next couple of years.

I don't think CB is lacking any coin

AFAIK he still has a partnership in a successful gym and other business interests

Its not about coin (IMHO)

I don't think CB is lacking any coin

AFAIK he still has a partnership in a successful gym and other business interests

Its not about coin (IMHO)

Not directly.

He may have been annoyed we halved his contract. But even then he is getting well paid.

He is going for less.

He wants a flag. And that is fine, but grow some pine and tell us...

So what exactly is the fundamental difference between the situation his is now in at Hawthorn compared to his previous situation at Melbourne?

Apart from being on less money that is.

Interesting quote from the Hawthorn recruiting manager on the AFL website about the recruitment of Bruce.

Might actually explain something.

He wants a flag. And that is fine, but grow some pine and tell us...

I agree with most of your sentiments in this thread.

I just can't fathom a 10+ yr player walking though simply because of possible success in their twilight at another club - to me this isn't very common.

He may genuinely believe in a better chance of subsequent years at Hawthorn but sheesh I'd love to know their terms of reference. If they have a bad year then they could have some wholesale changes given the influence of certain stakeholders, they can be a volatile club at times. Bruce being their oldest player and not on their VL is in the cross hair (to a degree) regardless of how he plays in 2011. The enhanced security simply isn't there IMO despite what may have been indicated.

I still get the feeling there's a significant element here of him making a statement. I don't know what was said, never will and tbh don't really care but I just get the feeling strong words were had after the clubs (IMO fair) offer was put on the table and possibly became something more emotive for Bruce as a result. To the extent that he actually looked for another club (which suggests he didn't know where he stood with them prior to deciding to move on) strongly suggest more to the story.