Changes vs Richmond

Nasher

How anybody could drop Bennell over Wonaeamirri is mind blowing. Wona is a favourite but he has done very little since he returned to the game. Bennell plays an effective defensive role and can use his pace to create some run.

I am not sure who is going out but I reckon any one of the following would be feeling the heat after a few underwhelming games:

Morton, Jurrah, Wonaeamirri with Johnson coming under scrutiny as a 2nd ruck. Bail would be unlucky to be in this group.

Also, the way Scully ran out the game last week gave me little indication that he required a week off....

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nathan Jones?!

Dont get me wrong i like the way he goes about it, and the effort he puts in, but id say his twitter updates have been better than a few of his games!

Nathan Jones, whilst he loves a tweet or two, is the epiteme of a work engine, in which the leading cylinder is Maloney. Now abviously (due to the name), there may be some bias here, but he has done some fantastic work this year, and like all players has not played 100% in some games. Hes not to be dropped.

does anyone think they will rest Scully this week? i think its a possibility, but it would completley go agianst the theory of getting games into the young boys. i think the boys have to be prepared to complete an entire season.

in short:

Out: JB, Johnson

In: Maloney, Trengove

We have had 2 big wins why keep changing? The only change I would make if Jones was sore put in Trengrove.

Two big wins ? They were pathetic in the second half last week and are far from being immune to change.

Trengove is a walk up start in this side.

Nathan Jones, whilst he loves a tweet or two, is the epiteme of a work engine, in which the leading cylinder is Maloney. Now abviously (due to the name), there may be some bias here, but he has done some fantastic work this year, and like all players has not played 100% in some games. Hes not to be dropped.

Indeed - Jones stays IMO.

Two big wins ? They were pathetic in the second half last week and are far from being immune to change.

Trengove is a walk up start in this side.

This is the harsh reality. Trenners should be in, as should Moloney if fit.

I'm one for Jurrah to have a spell in the magoos to regain some spark/confidence, and probably Bennell, tough call - glad it 'aint my job.

Not sure what is happening with Bate? Also hope Garland pulls up OK

IN - Trengove and Maloney

OUT - Bail and Bennel

Like a lot of posters, it's probably harsh on Bail and Bennel. Bennel wasn't great against the Lions but has been really good the previous few weeks, and Bail was one of our better players at the Gabba and has done well since coming back from injury.

Having said all of that, if Maloney is fit he should be a definite in the 22, along with Trengove.

I think we need to keep Johnson in the team as his combination with Jamar has really been working.

The luckiest to stay in the team is probably Jurrah, but I think he at the very least occupies the attentions of a decent defender each week, and probably a few others in the opposition defence as well. Not sure how Bate went for Casey, but he might feel a bit hard done by, but we're winning and playing well, so possession is nine tenths of the law.

If I was going on form and fitness alone, then it would probably be Junior and Bennel out. But I don't think Junior will get dropped (not this season at least), so those are the changes.

It's a tough decision to make, but it's great that we've got these decisions to make and aren't thinking "how the hell do we put a competitive 22 out there this week".

Isn't dropping Jurrah a bit reactionary?

I understand he isn't meeting the lofty standards he set last year, but bar the Brisbane game he has been good enough to keep his spot.

Just his "danger factor" should keep him in the side and create a lot of opportunities for our other forward line players.

if we are going to drop LJ shouldn't we drop Watts?

Watts provides something at CHF...he has setup goals each week...but everyone is still waiting for him to play 4 qtrs of good football...how long do we wait?

I think we drop PJ as we don't require a second ruck against tigers...we need another runner...

if we drop PJ we can't drop morton...we need the height...

if Moloney is fit..then we bring him back...prob at the expense of anyone with a questions mark of fitness/form...didn't see the game last weekend so not sure...but trengove got in the best for casey so he's a fit.

out: PJ in: Trengove

IN - Trengove and Maloney

OUT - Bail and Bennel

Like a lot of posters, it's probably harsh on Bail and Bennel. Bennel wasn't great against the Lions but has been really good the previous few weeks, and Bail was one of our better players at the Gabba and has done well since coming back from injury.

Having said all of that, if Maloney is fit he should be a definite in the 22, along with Trengove.

I think we need to keep Johnson in the team as his combination with Jamar has really been working.

The luckiest to stay in the team is probably Jurrah, but I think he at the very least occupies the attentions of a decent defender each week, and probably a few others in the opposition defence as well. Not sure how Bate went for Casey, but he might feel a bit hard done by, but we're winning and playing well, so possession is nine tenths of the law.

If I was going on form and fitness alone, then it would probably be Junior and Bennel out. But I don't think Junior will get dropped (not this season at least), so those are the changes.

It's a tough decision to make, but it's great that we've got these decisions to make and aren't thinking "how the hell do we put a competitive 22 out there this week".

I think you're spot on here. Summed up my thoughts exactly

Richmond should be the best opportunity for Jurrah to get back some spark. Lets hope so, if not, I think he'll be back to the magoos cos he could get beat up bad against the Dorks if out of form

I think Johnson should stay. Like a few people have already said, he's starting to combine well with Jamar. I don't think you can go into a match with one ruckman. Even though Jamar was able to play some very, very good football this year on his own, I believe that it's a large risk to do so. If something were to happen to the big fella (touchwood) we do not have another player who can actively compete at a centre bounce or throw in. Those that throw Sylvia/Dunn etc around are kidding themselves. Johnson won't be dropped.

I'd like to see Bate come in, but I'm not sure who for, possibly Morton. Many people have thrown around Bennell as being one in the firing line, but I highly doubt this. He does some amazing things around the ground and I'm amazed some people can't recognize this.

Moloney will come in, and I hope that Trengove does too. Would love to see Trendawg go head-to-head with Martin! Yet according to some reports Trengove is still a week away.

What I'd give to have Petterd fit. Automatic replacement for Jurrah after a pretty dismal effort last week. The key word being effort.

In: Moloney, Trengove

Out: Jurrah, Bail (simply to make room for a clear starter)

Lots of people have Out Bail, why?? please explain :wacko:

I don't think that it is a dig at his form but more making way for a more experienced player in Moloney. He has been fantastic but may be the unfortunate one... Nothing will really be sorted until Friday afternoon as they will name an extended bench on Thursday afternoon.

* Watts

* Aussie

* Jurrah

* Bennell

Would be surprised if we see any of the above names dropped for the rest of this year. Bailey has always talked about our forwardline with those players mentioned, as well as Green and Sylvia, and how they have played minimal football together, and how exciting it is to have an attack with that potential.

Puts pressure on blokes like Bartram, Dunn, Bail and even Morton, as there are players waiting at Casey for their opportunity.

I know one thing I like about our forward line with those named in it, it's the fact that the midfield have had something to kick to. The forwards are starting to make sure there are at least 2 of them inside 50, so if we do get a fast turnover, the mids have targets, not just bombing it long and hoping our guy wins the race back.

Changes for Richmond;

In: Trengove

Out: Buggered if I know! Paul Johnson is an easy target, but the 2-ruckman thing is working well at the moment, and Johnson is playing reasonable footy. It has been a long year for Jamar, we may need him come September so leave PJ in there to help him out, and to get a bit of confidence at the same time.

Great having those four names, but our forwardline undoubtedly looks most potent when we push Green up there. He was the key difference in the Swans game. Those other four have a fair distance to travel before we start relying on them to kick a winning score.

* Watts

* Aussie

* Jurrah

* Bennell

Would be surprised if we see any of the above names dropped for the rest of this year. Bailey has always talked about our forwardline with those players mentioned, as well as Green and Sylvia, and how they have played minimal football together, and how exciting it is to have an attack with that potential.

That is a good point.

OUT - Jurrah, McDonald, Scully (rest)

IN - Bate, Trengove, Moloney

I was at the Brisbane game and sat on the wing near the interchange. Jurrah did come off holding his shoulder in the last. I am not sure how serious!

* Watts

* Aussie

* Jurrah

* Bennell

True. But the week after he said that we dropped Bate.

OUT - Jurrah, McDonald, Scully (rest)

IN - Bate, Trengove, Moloney

I was at the Brisbane game and sat on the wing near the interchange. Jurrah did come off holding his shoulder in the last. I am not sure how serious!

Why rest Scully? He looked to run the game out well on TV. What impression did you get at the game?

Why rest Scully? He looked to run the game out well on TV. What impression did you get at the game?

It's for people that don't want to make a hard selection decision, so they go to the seemingly easy call of resting Scully to bring in the player they want.

Scully won't be 'rested' again this year - assuming he pulls up well.

The resting excuse at this time of year is BS. At 7-1-10 and an outside chance for finals, it is playtime unless there is an injury/niggle with 4 games remaining.

edit: or poor form. Of which Scully hasn't been in.

It's for people that don't want to make a hard selection decision, so they go to the seemingly easy call of resting Scully to bring in the player they want.

Totally agree, and have said similar in other threads.

Yeah! I suppose i would rather Scully play. Just thought the club might rotate our young players and keep them reasonbly fresh. We can do that! He would be back after 1 week!

Edited by jungle dee