Changes vs Richmond

Nasher

I love seeing players share the excitement of success with the fans. The scene of a genuinely elated Watts hugging everyone he could get his hands on was right up there with the often replayed footage of James Hird kicking a goal and jumping into the arms of a Bombers fan. I'm hoping Watts goes on to emulate Hird in many other ways...

And he won't be dropped this week. Each time he has had a deficiency exposed (poor work rate, lacks intensity, can't keep his feet) he has then shown improvement in this area. This week he'll take those shots on goal.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUT: James McDonald & Rohan Bail

INS: Brent Moloney & Jack Trengove

Against popular belief Jmac is droppable and should be after Saturdays performance. If people think we should drop PJ,Jurrah or Bennell I'm glad your not on match committee.

Please lets not pick teams on sentimony rather on talent and team balance.

Good idea for team balance...drop the captain...ugh.

Jurrah should be in the gun this week. Lazy and uncommitted.

Right, that settles it then :huh:

SO much for picking your best side to win. :wacko:

Going by the player review the outs could be between Bail, Bennell and Morton. Unfortunately for Bail (whom I rate highly) it may be a case of making way for senior player like Maric last week.

A more sugary source you will never find. Dropping Bail for Maric is a case of drop a player the pure sake of doing it.

A more sugary source you will never find. Dropping Bail for Maric is a case of drop a player the pure sake of doing it.

Oh, for the want of a comma. I think the poster meant "it may be a case of making way for a senior player, like Maric did last week".

If you think Moloney and Trengove are necessary inclusions, then you need to identify who they are going to replace. Other than for injuries, the only ones I can find are Bennell, Morton or Wona.

The other questions are:

• Whether to play two ruckmen, or for Jamar to go solo. If they decide to drop Johnson, they could bring in both Moloney and Trengove and keep two of Bennell, Wona or Morton.
  • Whether to replace Jurrah with Bate. X-factor vs strength, occasional magic vs hard lead-up forward.

Those questions might be answered by how they analyse Richmond's talls and midfield running.

Edited by maurie

Tough decisions need to be made at selection again this week. The key considerations are:

• By reports, Trengove showed yesterday that he is way too good to be playing at Casey. He must come in.

• Moloney has been our best midfielder this season and is an automatic selection if he is fit.

• Jurrah is struggling to have an influence and would have to be the first one omitted at the moment. The only query about this is if it will hurt our forward structure. (Do we have enough tall targets? Particularly with Watts basically playing as an extra midfielder. Do we need to bring in Bate?)

• Bail has been good in every MFC performance this year. I cannot see him being dropped.

• Scully has been getting a lot of the ball, but his kicking has been mediocre. We need to give him games to develop though and is probably in our best 22.

• Since coming back into the side again Morton has been improving. On his most recent form he will probably hold his spot.

• Jones played very well last week but looked pretty sore after the game.

• McDonald will be better for the run and is an automatic selection if he is fit.

• I think it will come down to Bennell and Wonnamerri for the last spot in the team. I think we will go with Wonnamerri based on the fact that he had more tackles last week (6 vs 1).

Assuming everyone comes up, I would go with:

INS: Trengove, Moloney

OUTS: Jurrah, Bennell

Rivers Garland Bartram

Macdonald Frawley Bruce

Scully Moloney Trengove

Sylvia Watts Wonnamerri

Davey Green Dunn

Jamar McDonald Jones

Johnson Morton McKenzie Bail

McDonald's job on Black was serviceable and he is likely to further improve after a 7 game break.

The team's looked better balanced with PJ as second ruck. Jamar gets a proper break, Dunn plays half forward and Sylvia roving the ball instead of having it tapped over his head. We can also play a resting ruckman in the forward line (Jamar and Johnson have kicked 7 goals between them over the last 4 games).

Our forward line has looked better particularly due to the increased defensive pressure applied by Wona and Bennell. Jurrah's lack of assistance in this regard in concerning.

Unfortunately for Morton, the role he plays (i.e. a linking player across the middle of the ground) is the role most easily covered by others. Similarly for Jones, the expected inclusions Trengove and Moloney, cover Jones' contribution.

So for mine:

In: Trengove, Moloney

Out: Morton, Jurrah or Jones

Edited by speed demon

I'm really in two minds about Jurrah. He was insipid this week and deserves to get dropped on the back of that performance. On the other hand, he's just come back from a major injury, his form has otherwise been pretty reasonable, and, most importantly, this is the sort of game where he could have an absolute field day. Logically, you probably have to drop him, but I have a bad feeling about doing it this week.

Edited by two sheds jackson

Was disappointed in Jurrah's output. But I also think the conditions and delivery at times was ordinary.

Difficult selection, given a win, but here goes:

OUT: Morton

IN: Trengove

One change for mine.

Out: McDonlad

In: Trengove

Should be simple, but it's not.

I agree. The MC erred by leaving Trengove out last weekend and it could have cost us the match. McDonald was woeful. He turned it over at every opportunity. Shocking decision to have Trengove running around at Casey.

I'd drop Jurrah. He's as soft as butter and right now he's scared of his own shadow. When your natural disposition is on the timid side it doesn't help when you've had a shoulder reco. That said, I reckon he'll be back to his best next year.

Obviously they won't drop the captain and I doubt they'll drop Jurrah.

The scene of a genuinely elated Watts hugging everyone he could get his hands on was right up there with the often replayed footage of James Hird kicking a goal and jumping into the arms of a Bombers fan.

Watts is naturally a very effusive fellow. My Brother was on the plane with the Melb team on the way back from Darwin. Jack walked down the aisle with a huge grin saying hello to all the passengers. It's just part of his makeup.

Edited by Hannabal

I wouldn't drop Jurrah, this game will bring him into form, at the minimum he'll kick 2 rippers, loves the G.

But probably deserves to be dropped.

Agree. That is exactly why I would have him in. An injection of confidence, it could well be more than two. You're right about being dropped.

Simply going on the 100kg bags of ice strapped to Lynden Dunn's feet in the rooms after the game on Saturday night, maybe he is a chance to miss through injury?

He was on crutches the previous week.

Out: Morton

Unlucky: Bate and Beamer

Lucky: Jurrah and Watts

I can't see beamer, jones, mckenzie and mcdonald all in the same line up.

They all play similar roles and we can really only afford to have 2 or 3 max in the team. Jones and Mckenzie need to play well next week and the loser of the two will make way for Moloney. I have been a big fan of both Jones and Mckenzie, but you cant drop the captain and you need to put BNF form Moloney back into the side, however he must play in the 2's first.

Bate is unlucky and if Jurrah does nothing this week, he will make way for Bate. Its time to shine Jurrah!

My line up:

FB: Bartram - Frawley - Garland

HB: Bruce - Rivers - MacDonald

C: Davey - Scully - Trengove

HF: Bennell - Watts - Dunn

FF: Wonna - Jurrah - Green

R: Jamar - Sylvia - McDonald

B: Jones - PJ - McKenzie - Bail

I can't see beamer, jones, mckenzie and mcdonald all in the same line up.

They all play similar roles and we can really only afford to have 2 or 3 max in the team. Jones and Mckenzie need to play well next week and the loser of the two will make way for Moloney.

I think that's a little unfair on both Jones and McKenzie. Jordie will probably go close to getting the Rising Star Nomination this week, and Nate Jones has been great in the tough, in and under work over the last few weeks. Kicked some great goals also - can't see either of them being dropped.

Can someone please explain to me why you can't drop the captain ?? If there is a better player to come in, What am I missing ?? I go to watch my team win football games and I'm sure the team goes out to win every game therfore should field the strongest team.

Can someone please explain to me why you can't drop the captain ?? If there is a better player to come in, What am I missing ?? I go to watch my team win football games and I'm sure the team goes out to win every game therfore should field the strongest team.

To me there is no such word as can't. Of coarse they can drop anyone but their preference of choice would always play the spirtual leader.In particular when he is one of our better players.

you can not put a price on leadership... 3 games away from 250, no dropping of macca.

In: Trengove, Moloney, Tapscott

Out: Bennell, Jurrah, Bail

/end

Ridiculous.

Going by the player review the outs could be between Bail, Bennell and Morton. Unfortunately for Bail (whom I rate highly) it may be a case of making way for senior player like Maric last week.

Wow. Do we understand English differently. Here is what the MFC report on Bail says:

Rohan Bail: Rohan kicked the ball really well and had 17 possessions. He went hard at it all day and had a pretty solid game.

Can't see how that will get him dropped.

OUT: James McDonald & Rohan Bail

INS: Brent Moloney & Jack Trengove

Against popular belief Jmac is droppable and should be after Saturdays performance. If people think we should drop PJ,Jurrah or Bennell I'm glad your not on match committee.

Please lets not pick teams on sentimony rather on talent and team balance.

Do you ever consider that Junior was actually tagging Simon Black and rendered him ineffective? People are so blind. Here is the MFC write up of his game for all you nuff nuffs:

James McDonald: It was great to have James back. He had a really good battle with Simon Black. After eight weeks out, it was a nice, solid return.

Out: Morton

Unlucky: Bate and Beamer

Lucky: Jurrah and Watts

WTF? Does the kid have to bring World Peace before people will actually get off his back. If you cannot see this kid developing more and more every week then you are as blind as you are stupid. I suppose you wanted Nic Nat too.

Don't believe anyone is beyond dropping. But as i mentioned above, he tagged Black out of the game which was a big contribution to our win. Hopefully he does the same to Deledio or Cousins or whoever else this week.

Dropping him. Geeeezus.

Well, the idea is that he's Captain based on more than his individual performance. Conceivably, we may have lost the game against Brisbane if McDonald was replaced by, say, Jack Trengove. Perhaps something James McDonald did or said as Captain inspired the rest of his team to hold on and win. Not to mention the fact that to drop your Captain is basically an admission that you made a mistake in picking him to be your leader in the first place. Most people don't like to admit when that they were wrong. Of course, I could be wrong.;)

Sacre bleu!

Some of these selection suggestions are very curious.

I am very unimpressed that some people wish to drop Junior, Bail or Jones.

In my opinion, Trengove & Moloney (if fit) come in.

Possible outs: Wonna, LJ, Bennell