• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Hardwick .......

Mono

I am happy to start this thread. A thread about Hardwick was always going to start.

The Tiges won an interstate game tonight; something the MFC haven't for ?years (forget Darwin).

I was a big critic of Bailey 2 years ago, but have pulled my head in since. But I am still not sold.

1. The Tiges have made "steady improvement" after a very!! poor start.
  2. I for one am happy to say (have said?) that Hardwick was a better choice than Bailey.
  3. I reckon that the MFC and the Dons will both be looking to "what might have been".

If the MFC get beat by Adelaide next week, watch out!

(And just a hunch: Bailey will be gone by years end. :)) Edited: this bit unecessary

Edited by Mono

Stupid.

Had Hardwick been appointed instead of Bailey we would have had the same results. In a year where draft concessions are going to the GC of course teams are going to go all out to win. No team wants to finish bottom this year. Had Bailey been at Richmond this year he would have acted exactly how Hardwick has been, and vice versa had Hardwick been appointed to Melb 3 years ago.

A few big calls there. I didn't see any of the Tigers games tonight but heard that although they did win, it wasn't a sparkling performance by either side. But I agree that Hardwick seems to be having an a somewhat more immediate impact on the tigers and I still can't believe Matthew Knights was chosen over Hardwick for the Essendon gig. But the team they beat tonight offers an interesting comparison given that Voss came in without the typical apprenticeship and last year it all seemed to be going great but the wheels have fallen off this year to date. So I think we'll have to wait till the years end at least before making such assessments but it certainly makes for our next game against Richmond to be a good litmus test.

Why forget Darwin? It was a win in unfamiliar territory... it doesn't matter that it was our home game on paper because Port has played there alot more than us. Its basically the same as us beating Sydney at Manuka... which would be regarded by most as a very good achievement and an interstate win.

And I still don't expect us to beat the Crows in Adelaide. It is definitely our best chance in many years but will anyone honestly be surprised if we lose.

And I still don't expect us to beat the Crows in Adelaide. It is definitely our best chance in many years but will anyone honestly be surprised if we lose.

I expect to beat Adelaide next week. They are having a rubbish year, and we the MFC have got to learn to Back up a great effort the week after.

A poor effort in adelaide should not be tolerated, our interstate record has got to be the worst in the league, and if the Tigers can win games interstate, well need i say more.

Big Effort this week Bails- QB was fantastic, but we gotta learn to follow up.

horrible post....sorry but the tigs a have a far better list this yr than we did 2 yrs ago....simple as that

I think Richmond like to have people believe that they haven't tanked or bottomed out like us or the Blues, but a look at their high draft picks tells us otherwise. They should be showing improvement, just like us.

Delidio - 1

Tambling - 4

Cotchin - 2

Vickery - 8

Martin - 3

That is 5 top tens, to match Scully, Trengove, Watts, Morton and Sylvia on our list.

I am happy to start this thread. A thread about Hardwick was always going to start.

The Tiges won an interstate game tonight; something the MFC haven't for ?years (forget Darwin).

I was a big critic of Bailey 2 years ago, but have pulled my head in since. But I am still not sold.

1. The Tiges have made "steady improvement" after a very!! poor start.- so Melbourne haven't???
  2. I for one am happy to say (have said?) that Hardwick was a better choice than Bailey.- based on 3 wins???
  3. I reckon that the MFC and the Dons will both be looking to "what might have been". Who are you kidding?

If the MFC get beat by Adelaide next week, watch out!

(And just a hunch: Bailey will be gone by years end. :))

Fool.

So what you are saying is that Richmond have improved more than Melbourne this year. Are you serious?

4.5 wins in 11 rounds with two 1 point losses to me is a fair amount of steady improvement. Yes we can be up and down but that's what happens with young teams. 4 weeks ago you wouldn't be saying that about Richmond as they got pasted again and again.

Your comments show a complete lack of understanding on the path Melbourne are on.

I reckon it is great Richmond are winning. Dare i say it may give you a glimpse of another team who may be strong in a few years.

Wow Mono...

Up there with "demons offends religious people" as worst thread of the year.

Nobody at MFC, or outside of MFC (excluding one-eyed Toigs supporters) would agree with you...

Just remember had Simon Black not played against us earlier this year, we would have won by 20 goals. The Tigers beat Brisbane without Black and Brown. A great effort no doubt, but nothing with which to make concrete assertions about and certainly nothing with which to have a go at Bailey about.

Also three years ago, would Hardwick be the coach he is today? No. I'm sure he learnt things over those 3 years.

The Tigers do have some good players and those players at the moment are all playing good football and the Lions had 8-9 of their best missing last night.

They've beaten a horrible West Coast outfit and a seriously undermanned Brisbane Lions.

It's a great effort and we shouldn't be underselling their efforts but they've played the two worst teams in my opinion in the comp.

Seriously I don't think I've seen a player kick an easier 10 goals than Riewoldt last week, West coast were putrid.

Guest hangon007

[*]The Tiges have made "steady improvement" after a very!! poor start.

Hahaha ... "poor start" ... the first 10 rounds define your season - the last 12 rounds, if you have no chance to make the 8, determine your draft picks & hence your future.

No joke I've watch the Richmond vs Eagles game twice and I seriously can't work out if Worsfold is an idiot .... or a genius with balls of steel.

Forgot to mention last night game ... Black was a MASSIVE loss and Fevola & Brown missing was huge ... even though Fev played he may as well not.

The Tigers make the same mistakes year in year out - There passion gets in the way of clear thinking - they are certifiably insane.

Edited by hangon007

The only thing thats keeping richmond up is the fact that they have a high quality forward who is fit and firing. Wait till ours get fit and firing and then you'll be eating your own words.

Which is who?

I see no one at Melbourne that could kick 10 goals in a game now or in the next few years.

Richmond are having a spirited phase atm no doubt. Really though, they have beaten some ordinary teams (coincidentally interstate teams) at far less than optimal performance - they have also done it with the pressure of expectation lifted firmly from their shoulders. Happy to get around with being regarded as the league's basket case they have got away with their shelackings one week to the next.

Unlike us, they have not impressed in genuine contests where they were up against top level opposition. We have gone the distance twice with Collingwood and with the Dogs and we ended Brisbane's run when they had maximum momentum. Richmond cherry picked a lifeless Port in the wet, had a regulation win against a WCE team staring down the barrel and got Brisbane at the best time at the 'Gabba they'll ever have. Melbourne have been hit and miss but they have executed a better level of football IMO at times this year when staring pressure in the eyes and genuinely taking on top class opposition - this is the difference.

Richmond have a great forward in Riewoldt who never gives up and can prove to be quite potent but I think if you take away him they still have a hard road ahead of them. Lets see how Hardwick goes for the remainder of the year when Riewoldt gets blanketed as opposition teams work more to nullify his effectiveness.

To suggest Hardwick has done better than Bailey or even put this in the context of Bailey is really quite rediculous IMO.

A thread about Hardwick was always going to start.

Was it really? I very much doubt it.

(And just a hunch: Bailey will be gone by years end. :))

If we were a football club run by dropkicks, then maybe. But considering a contract extension was given at the start of the year, your hunch is rubbish :) Better luck next time, Mono.

I still can't believe Matthew Knights was chosen over Hardwick for the Essendon gig.

Apparently it came down to a choice between Knights and Hardwick.

Hardwick said he would need a complete rebuild while Knights said he could deliver a premiership without massive list changes. I think Hardwick was right.