Changes for next week?

In: Scully, Bate, Trengove

Out: Garland (inj?), Wonna (doesnt seem right), Rivers (needs some confidence in the 2s)

Possible line up:

FB: Frawley - Warnock - Bartram

HB: Grimes - MacDonald - Bruce

C: Trengove - Scully - Gysberts

HF: Sylvia - Bate - Jetta

FF: Watts - Green - Bennell

F: Jamar - Davey - MacDonald

B: Jones, Moloney, Miller, Morton

E: Mckenzie, Dunn, Rivers

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In: Scully, Bate, Trengove

Out: Garland (inj?), Wonna (doesnt seem right), Rivers (needs some confidence in the 2s)

Possible line up:

FB: Frawley - Warnock - Bartram

HB: Grimes - MacDonald - Bruce

C: Trengove - Scully - Gysberts

HF: Sylvia - Bate - Jetta

FF: Watts - Green - Bennell

F: Jamar - Davey - MacDonald

B: Jones, Moloney, Miller, Morton

E: Mckenzie, Dunn, Rivers

mckenzie in the team i reckon :)

OUT: Bruce (omitted), Garland (inj), Rivers (omitted), Macdonald (Omitted)

INS: Scully, Trengove, Bate, McKenzie

Carlton have a small forward-line, so we will need to change our defensive structure a little in order to counteract the pace of their forwards. Scully and Trengove pick themselves, Bate is a marking forward who can play on the wing, and McKenzie's toughness and tackling are really important for us.

Out: Rivers (Was a liability today and no obvious match up for him next week either), Garland (inj), MacDonald (will get burnt for pace next week)

In: Trengove, Scully, Bate

Bennel will be looked at. He had one kick! Jetta not much better. Rivers might have to stay if Garland is out although Carlton don't have a match up for him. Miller was back to his usual self.

Give Millar a break. What do you expect the way the ball was delivered into him (which wasn't very often)

Give Millar a break. What do you expect the way the ball was delivered into him (which wasn't very often)

agreed!!

no one really stood out much

i dont think bennell or jetta will get dropped surely its not like we expected them to have a fantastic game as they were playing the best team in the comp

I don't care who goes out, but we need Scully, Trengove and Bate back.

I'd also look at maybe rewarding Cheney with a game, given Carlton have plenty of small forwards we need to cover.

I thought about that too, but who would he replace?

In : Scully, Trengrove, Bate, Maric, McKenzie

Out : Wonna, Garland, Jetta, not sure who else due to ratios but we need to look at Bail and Cheney also

Players to watch out are Bruce, Sylvia, Jones

Rivers for one.

MacDonald.

Neither of those guys were good today, and neither of them have a decent match up next week.

I agree, but I already have them out for our returning mids. Obviously this isn't a direct exchange, but if we want to also bring in Trengully and McKenzie, we'll need to think hard about which mids we'll drop.

In: Scully, Trengove, McKenzie, Bate

Out: Garland (inj), MacDonald, Rivers, Bruce/Wonaeamirri

Scullgove and McKenzie are automatic inclusions, we need Bate more than ever up forward if we're going to ruck Miller.

MacDonald can't dispose of it and is too slow for Carlton's forward line, Rivers is gone, and I can't make my mind up over who of Bruce and Wonna goes to get the fourth inclusion in the side.

OUT: Bruce (omitted), Garland (inj), Rivers (omitted), Macdonald (Omitted)

INS: Scully, Trengove, Bate, McKenzie

Carlton have a small forward-line, so we will need to change our defensive structure a little in order to counteract the pace of their forwards. Scully and Trengove pick themselves, Bate is a marking forward who can play on the wing, and McKenzie's toughness and tackling are really important for us.

Chook, do you realize you've dropped most of the backline, our strength this year?

Chook, do you realize you've dropped most of the backline, our strength this year?

I dropped Rivers who was shocking, Macdonald who is too slow to play against the Blues' mobile forward-line, and a guy who is injured. So sue me.

I dropped Rivers who was shocking, Macdonald who is too slow to play against the Blues' mobile forward-line, and a guy who is injured. So sue me.

Sue you? You sound like you think I'm having a big crack at you. I wasn't being facetious.

Sorry if your [censored] off at the moment, but I was looking realistically at next week. I'm not bothered at all about today, I had no expectations for todays result, so I'm not disappointed.

My focus is FIXED firmly on the future Grand Finals, single mindedly.

I can't comment on todays game as I didn't hear it & I have not yet watched the replay. I'll study it thouroghly tonight or tomorrow.

It'll be interesting how Casey goes tomorrow, as I have some matchup Ideas.

Why is Mckenzie an automatic selection. He was dropped for poor form. See how he goes tomorrow for Casey.

Yep. Also along similar lines, Strauss, Cheney and Bail. Could be some openings if they have a good game tomorrow. But equally, hard to single out any particular players today, we were just over-run by a team a league above us and in full flight.

Sue you? You sound like you think I'm having a big crack at you. I wasn't being facetious.

Sorry if your [censored] off at the moment, but I was looking realistically at next week. I'm not bothered at all about today, I had no expectations for todays result, so I'm not disappointed.

My focus is FIXED firmly on the future Grand Finals, single mindedly.

I can't comment on todays game as I didn't hear it & I have not yet watched the replay. I'll study it thouroghly tonight or tomorrow.

It'll be interesting how Casey goes tomorrow, as I have some matchup Ideas.

I'm not mad. It's just that it seemed like you thought my suggestion had no merit whatsoever.

In: Scully, Trengove, Bate + Any strong performers at Casey particularly Spencer, Martin (ruck) or McKenzie

Out: Any of Wona, Rivers, Garland (inj), Macdonald less likely Bartram, Watts, Bennell, Jones.