Mark Jamar

jayceebee31

It was the best game,I have seen the Russian play. He dominated the ruck. We really need him to stay uninjured to assist and protect the younger ones. Your comments? :blink:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was the best game,I have seen the Russian play. He dominated the ruck. We really need him to stay uninjured to assist and protect the younger ones. Your comments? :blink:

Agree. But he must be given assistance or he will burn out. He must be exhausted today.

Yeah. After all the hype about Jolly's big arrival at Collingwood, was great to see Jamar take him apart. Not only did Jamar kill him (and Fraser) in the ruck, he also killed him around the ground. Think Jolly had a single, solitary kick, and that was because another player had to go off with the blood rule and couldn't take his kick. In contrast, Jamar did some very good stuff around the ground. Just a pity he didn't nail that goal. Would've brought the house down!

Jamar stood tall, yesterday, and was clearly the best ruckman on the ground, by a country mile.

The Russian has arrived!

I loved it. They think Jolly will win them a flag, and that soft???? Fraser, he is one of the worst players going around. Jamar used and abused them, shoved them around like they were little kids.

I only wish he kicked that goal when he danced around 2 players, I was right behind it, celebrating the great goal, and then he kicked it!

Keep up the great work.

After the bombers practice match I had Jamar as our most important player this year and hopefully he remains injury free...

We won alot of the clearance because of his ruck work and if he plays all the games this year he will be top 5/10 rucks in the league....

Sadly we only signed him to a one year deal so will pay through the nose to keep him

Russian has shown signs that he might be emerging as a top flight ruckman over the last couple of years, and yesterday he showed that he might have arrived. The challenge now is for him to remain fit and retain his form. The challenges for the footy club are to manage him so that he doesn't burn out (including developing a capable back-up), and to get his signature for 2011 and beyond.

Was it Jamar's managers idea to sign him to a 1 year deal this year? Smart move.. seems he's peaking!

It`s a good point! Most people think he signed for 1 year because he wants to move on next year or indeed the club wanted to move him on after a year of development for our kid ruckmen. Not only are our kid ruckmen barely going to have a sniff this year, he will be desperately required by us for the rest of his career, and his value will be worth an extra $200k a year after this year the way he is travelling.

If it was indeed his managers idea for 1 year only, it was an awesome investment call!

Sadly we only signed him to a one year deal so will pay through the nose to keep him

And if he continues to play like that and stays fitt all season he will deserve it. He monstered Jolly yest. Was great to see Jolly sitting on his behind 3 times in the last qtr shaking his head after Russ has out muscled him for another tap and clearance to us.

I was one of his few defenders here years ago when he was called doughnuts. He's my tip for the Bluey this year and I stick by my preason call that he will be considered one of the best ruckmen in the league by years end. I said at the time that I thought the reason he only took a one year deal was to back himself in for a big pay rise at seasons end, and he'll get it.

Great work big fella, keep it up

Guest watts04

Happy to pay blokes the $$ if they play well but as is the case with Jamar he needs to stay on the paddock and play well for more than 2 weeks. Agree Jamar could be a top 5 ruckman by years end.

Jamar in for Jolly for my dreamteam this week

Hopefully get PJ back soon so we can leave Spencer is the ressies to learn and Jamar can float forward...

It`s a good point! Most people think he signed for 1 year because he wants to move on next year or indeed the club wanted to move him on after a year of development for our kid ruckmen. Not only are our kid ruckmen barely going to have a sniff this year, he will be desperately required by us for the rest of his career, and his value will be worth an extra $200k a year after this year the way he is travelling.

If it was indeed his managers idea for 1 year only, it was an awesome investment call!

Definately seems like it would be his manager's idea- i'd hate to think it was our brilliant scheme!

Good work by him making us pay more and all, i'll remember to shake his hand next time I see him, and i'll take a dump on his Aston Martin he bought using our $$ he earnt based on astute decisions regarding he's and he's clients future. Nah good luck to him. :mellow:

Colin Wisbey, the recruiting guru, is a big fan. He had this to say about him on Extreme Black 'n' White -

Jamar is 2nd best tap ruck in AFL IMO. That said, ... our 2 rucks were absolute crap today. Jolly very disappointing so far (smashed both games). Josh surprised by taking a good contested mark but otherwise soft and innefective (ruck or around ground).

http://forums.magpies.net/hotrod/

I was one of his few defenders here years ago when he was called doughnuts. He's my tip for the Bluey this year and I stick by my preason call that he will be considered one of the best ruckmen in the league by years end. I said at the time that I thought the reason he only took a one year deal was to back himself in for a big pay rise at seasons end, and he'll get it.

Yeah. Well, me to. I've allways supported the Russian, down at sandy games. Everywhere & defended him numerous times on here.

He's been a much maligned Dees player, but I've allways invisaged just what he could become, (a bash & crash big ruck who could take marks & play forward) & now he's arrived as a genuine up&coming star.

Well done Russian!

Yeah. Well, me to. I've allways supported the Russian, down at sandy games. Everywhere & defended him numerous times on here.

He's been a much maligned Dees player, but I've allways invisaged just what he could become, (a bash & crash big ruck who could take marks & play forward) & now he's arrived as a genuine up&coming star.

Well done Russian!

There weren't many of us dl, the stuff he used to cop on here was shocking. Most of it was Danihers fault imo, he couldn't manage the rucks under Jeff White. Jake Spencer will be copping it hard soon. It's a tough gig being a young ruckman learning your craft under a seasoned campaigner

He defeated Jolly and Fraser on his own. If he keeps this play up from the first two games throughout the season, he would be pushing for an AA spot.

But we all know we'll have to win at least 6 games for one our players to be considered for an AA spot.

how old is the russian btw??

26 -27 in September.Now right in his prime as a tall-ruckman. Still has his best in front of him for at least 4 to 5 years.

I reckon watching Jamar tear apart jolly yesterday was absolute heaven. He had a lot to prove yesterday because he was the reason that jolly left the club for sydney and then for collingwood and he definitely showed that he was the better choice. Good on him and I look forward to watching him more, unfortunately telly seen as i live in W.A. Anyone else agree that Petterd's goal where he tapped the ball to himself twice over collingwood players heads before snapping it straight through the middle will get goal of the round?

I've always argued that if he plays with intensity and the angry pills, he is a good ruckman. Didn't think he'd be a elite ruck but he was huge yesterday.

It was his consistency that annoys me. Was injured a lot last year but played really well in games he did play. Hard to judge consistency last year. Good start this year jimjam.

Edited by jacey