Boo Brock?

He said "that was my first win in round 1, since 2005". Not that bad, don't know if he said anything else.

Sometimes it's just the way things are said...

If i was Dean Bailey i would mention it tomorrow-just might help the boys get over the line, particularly Beamer!!

I will boo until my voice is sore !!! Just as I did for Nathan Bock.

Booing is childish yet amusing. I prefer the more mature way, the Heckle. A few carefully chosen words sent over the fence at your target (boundry throw in's are perfect)works a treat and can even gain some crowd involment. Careful now as the wrong words can very quickly lead to you becoming the heckled. Its a fine line but one worth taking. If all else fails keep half your pie from lunch, find Brocks car and stick it in his exhaust. That should do the trick!

do you concede that some of those 'kick its' are followed by a series of handballs that eventually come unstuck and someone is caught into a turnover, and kicking it WOULD have been the better option

What I like about the 'just kick it' call is that it's often yelled out when there's no suitable option to kick to further afield - something the ball-carrier has clearly been able to notice.

I really rate Booing. I find it very enjoyable and usually have a good laugh after each good boo. i always enjoy the footy and a bit of good humoured vocal banter is a great part of it. If you want to hear some cretins go no further than the MCC members where I sit. The words "kick it" are used as a solve all by many of my fellow supporters.

You are unbelievable-- two posts on this thread state that you will boo him.Get real or are you a fake?

You could not lie straight in bed

Edited by jayceebee31

I remember Woewy's first game against us, on Queens Birthday. Many of our supporters booed him and i could not work out why, given we gave him the push. Collingwood went on to win by 58 points that day. An embarrassing defeat, made even more so by imbecilic booing.

While it may feel good for some at the time, it serves no purpose whatsoever. You can boo at your own peril. I just want to see a good game of footy and hopefully the Dees can challenge Carlton.

In retirement Woey remains a Demon not a Magpie. He even had his kids in Melbourne colours a few years back. My attitude towards him when he left us was simple. "It's not your fault you are now playing against us Shane. I hope you are BOG, BUT we win against C@#@$$#wood "

I'd never boo one who put so much effort into his footy as a Demon. So me booing Brock? NEVER!

What I like about the 'just kick it' call is that it's often yelled out when there's no suitable option to kick to further afield - something the ball-carrier has clearly been able to notice.

"Just kick the bloody thing!!!!!!!" yells some genius. Player complies. Opponent takes uncontested mark. Ball rebounds and a goal is scored. "Thanks genius," I think to myself.

Needless to say I won't be booing Brock when we play the Blues. As much as I hate 'em, Brockie's cool with me.

Edited by Chook

He was playing and therefore partially responsible for these losses he is making stupid remarks about.

If the passionate, massive, tribal, huge, etc crowds that follow the blues and pies around are cretins, then call me a wannabe cretin.

cry me a river.

lets worry about our team and not lose sleep over meaningless comments by former club members.

You are unbelievable-- two posts on this thread state that you will boo him.Get real or are you a fake?

You could not lie straight in bed

So because I like to Boo and I will boo Brock I can't lie straight in bed? - I don't understand.

Boo or not, I don't care. Just good to have plenty of passion amongst our supporters, particularly those in the Members'.

From what I saw last night, we're a good chance to beat both those sides. But then Judd was missing. I'm going tomorrow believing and willing a win for our new side. I'll be happy if we're not disgraced (no reason why we should be, looking at both teams).

It'll be great to bellow again "GO DEES!"

For what it's worth I won't boo Brock, I'll leave that to collingwood supporters with more tattoos than teeth.

As one of the 13 people at the Adelaide game last year (the one where they flooded the backline even though we didn't have any forwards, it was 3 degrees centigrade with a howling wind, and when we kicked our first 2 goals for the game in the 3rd quarter, we were suddenly back within 20 points!)I booed Bock, any man who smacks his woman deserves to be booed in my book.

"Just kick the bloody thing!!!!!!!" yells some genius. Player complies. Opponent takes uncontested mark. Ball rebounds and a goal is scored. "Thanks genius," I think to myself.

It's good to know I'm not alone :D

Needless to say I won't be booing Brock when we play the Blues. As much as I hate 'em, Brockie's cool with me.

I wish every player that asked to be traded gave us $10K before he left.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

If people are going to boo Chook every time he gets a touch let's hope we only have to boo two or three times.

I wont be booing.He made his bed let him sleep in it.

The best way of revenge is on the scoreboard.

Hopefully in a few years time,finals success,he'll be then left pondering.

Just hope Moloney / Sylvia let him know all about getting a kick.

Brock's been a pro in all the media I've heard since he decided to leave and since he left.

He did donate that money to the Demons too.

I wont be booing him but I also wont be wishing him luck at Carlton

Summed up perfectly.

if he hits one of our players then I'll give him a spray but otherwise would rather put my efforts to cheering the Dee's on.

Nah, can't be bothered booing him.

There's a strange feeling like he doesn't really matter.

He may get all the round 1 wins he'll ever want, with Carlton now seemingly fixtured against Richmond to open the season every year.

He and Carlton are welcome to win the first game of the AFL season. We'll be looking to win the last one.