• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Game Day: Adelaide v Melbourne 

Chelly

Kicking things off early.

What do we expect from the team today?

Melbourne

1. Matthew Warnock

2. Nathan Jones

3. Clint Bartram

5. Jordan Gysberts

7. Brad Miller

8. James Frawley

9. Jack Trengove

13. Jordie McKenzie

14. Lynden Dunn

15. Ricky Petterd

16. Jack Grimes

18. Brad Green

19. Addam Maric

21. Daniel Bell

23. James McDonald

24. Liam Jurrah

25. Kyle Cheney

27. Jared Rivers

28. Joel MacDonald

29. Michael Newton

30. Tom McNamara

31. Tom Scully

33. Austin Wonaeamirri

34. Stefan Martin

40. Mark Jamar

42. Jake Spencer

44. Rohan Bail

47. James Strauss

48. Jack Fitzpatrick

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure, obviously a very young list, but the opposition have their problems as well and have had as poor a preseason as us to date. Could be a nil all draw considering it will be played at a neutral ground ( I doubt too many of the good folk at Elizabeth will be sipping their Chardy in the outer today). Obviously it's all about getting games into young bodies, so I doubt we'll kick winning score - I imagine next weeks team will be a far better indication of the likely squad for rd 1 depending on availability.

Perfect day today. Hitting up the midcoast first for a few waves then going to Lizzy to watch the boy's play, cant wait.

Can I just say please remember it's going to be VERY windy today. Would have loved to see Cale play but just my luck he goes down the week I get to watch the team. Trengove is back home (sort of) and has played on this ground a few times so he might have a big one. Jurrah 5 goals.

Edited by Mr Morton

Very interesting point Schwabby makes re twitter, that the average games of 27 were by the team fielded against Essendon.Shows that Bails wants to get game time into these inexperienced players.

I'd like to see us keep attacking the game like we did last week and hopeully stop the opposition repelling the ball from their backline so easily

just got this of schwabs twitter :Sitting next to Fitness Coach Adam Paulo who told me Bater, Aussie, Hughesy, Healey all pulled up well after Casey game yesterday: does this mean that aussie wont be playing today if he played 4 casey yesterday

just got this of schwabs twitter :Sitting next to Fitness Coach Adam Paulo who told me Bater, Aussie, Hughesy, Healey all pulled up well after Casey game yesterday: does this mean that aussie wont be playing today if he played 4 casey yesterday

uh........ really?

No he did not make the trip he played last night.

Edited by Cards13

I don't think he has a choice considering the injury list.

I'm predicting Jack Trengove to have a breakout game in his home state.

As for the score - Crows by 29pts.

He could have played more experienced players if he had of chosen to

He could have played more experienced players if he had of chosen to

My God.

You're joking aren't you?

Of our most experienced 22 players (yes, that includes Garland with 20 games) I count 5 injured (Bruce, Bate, Johnson, Morton and Garland) and 3 very, very important players with slight injury concerns that you wouldn't risk with interstate travel for a friendly (Sylvia, Moloney and Davey).

Of the other 14, THEY'RE ALL PLAYING!

In fact, if we played out absolutely most experienced team, the emergenices would be Aussie, Bennel and Jetta. Grimes, with 12 games, would just miss out!

Perfect day today. Hitting up the midcoast first for a few waves then going to Lizzy to watch the boy's play, cant wait.

Can I just say please remember it's going to be VERY windy today. Would have loved to see Cale play but just my luck he goes down the week I get to watch the team. Trengove is back home (sort of) and has played on this ground a few times so he might have a big one. Jurrah 5 goals.

Supposedly live broadcast on 5AA - http://www.fiveaa.com.au/Show_Football-on-FIVEaa_198

Jurrah 5 goals.

haha hope so! he has been very quiet the last 2 weeks! you will have to keep us updated mate!

i really hope the dees win this game.. i have had enough of the abuse from people at work on how 'the dees suck'

Well, the feeling is that our defence is looking settled and that this is the most advanced of the departments that make up out team.

The midfield, with some very good young talent like Grimes, Scully, Trengove and McKenzie coming into the mix is going to learn a lot today against the seasoned campaigners from Adelaide so in that respect this is an important game. It's all about learning and this quartet have the opportunity today to test themselves against some elite midfield talent. That's a bonus. It's odd to think that, apart from Junior (who might play in defence), Nathan Jones is going to be just about our most experienced midfielder today!

I was impressed with the Russian last week, particularly the way he combined with Grimes. He didn't play many games last year but, when he did, he seemed to come of age now that he was no longer in Jeff White's shadow. It was interesting that Essendon was at it's most damaging when Jamar was off the ground and what I'm looking for today are signs that he's capable of taking further steps forward. The word is that he spent much of his down time last year while injured observing how some of the better ruckmen in the competition go about their work. Today, he has Jake Spencer in support so that should be of assistance.

That leaves us with our forward line which, apart from Ricky Petterd, has been a shambles in the NAB Cup and NAB Challenge so far. Obviously, I'd like to see Ricky continuing in the goalkicking vein but it's also important for us to find more avenues to goal. If not, we're facing a bit of a slaughter today and we'll cop a lot of stick this season. Things won't be any easier for Liam Jurrah who will get another top line opponent so we need more from Brad Miller and Stef Martin if he's going to be persevered with up there. Given that Matthew Bate and Jack Watts are due to return soon, the pressure will be on these blokes (and Juice!). Disappointing that Aussie didn't make the flight but it opens up further opportunities for Adam Maric to score goals. We need to see the midfielders drifting down occassionally to kick goals as they do in most of the good teams. The other aspect of the forward set up that will be of interest to me will be to see where Lynden Dunn is played. He knows where the goals are and this is a practice match. It's probably going to be a make or break year for him and I'd like to see him back as a forward because that's where he's played best for us in the past.

Chris Connolly was quoted in the paper today as saying that Jack Fitzpatrick has been the surprise packet of the season so I'd like to see him pull off some surprises and score some goals, get kicks and get involved.

Finally, although it's not important in the scheme of things today and, as unlikely is the prospect, I would really like to see us win the game. Winning is better than losing and while it's important to get games into young players' legs, a positive scoreboard result will help complement a good feeling around the club and help maintain the enthusiasm of our young squad.

Also, if we win (and even if we lose) the media will no doubt focus on one thing and one thing alone - the number of Crows players not available for this match. So for the record, based on the list of players in today's squad, here's the list of our players missing today (and you can now add Aussie to the list):-

4. Jack Watts

6. Matthew Bate

10. Cale Morton

11. Paul Johnson

12. Colin Sylvia

20. Colin Garland

22. Brent Moloney

26. John Meesen

32. Cameron Bruce

35. Luke Tapscott

36. Aaron Davey

37. Max Gawn

38. Daniel Hughes

39. Neville Jetta

43. Jamie Bennell

46. Sam Blease

50. Rhys Healey

haha hope so! he has been very quiet the last 2 weeks! you will have to keep us updated mate!

i really hope the dees win this game.. i have had enough of the abuse from people at work on how 'the dees suck'

If Jurrah is going to have an impact he's going to have to lead out more instead of sitting back and hoping he can out mark defenders.

Went to Visy last week and he looked lost when his opponents ran off him and struggled to find space up forward. I think he'll have a good season if his work rate increases.

Feel a bit ripped off that Only the essendon game has been played in melbourne so far.

Chris Connolly was quoted in the paper today as saying that Jack Fitzpatrick has been the surprise packet of the season so I'd like to see him pull off some surprises and score some goals, get kicks and get involved.

Think he was referring to his change of hairstyle.

Think he was referring to his change of hairstyle.

Or the fact that he moves very well for a big bloke who has only had two touches in two weeks...

Needs games games games into him and hopefully he will turn into a player for us. Nothing to worry about.

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDR461.loop.shtml#skip

Perfect one day,,,,,,,,Hmmmn,,, well, I'm glad i'm not standing out in the Elizabeth sun.

have been listening to this radio station for the last 10 minutes, and am sooo bored,... when does the game start!?

Match Day Information

NAB Cup Ticketing Information

NAB Challenge Week 2

Adelaide v Melbourne

Saturday 6 March, 4.00 pm (local time)

The Demons travel to South Australia for a practice match against the Crows this weekend.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/match%20day%20information/tabid/11453/default.aspx