Jimmy and LJ in Yuendumu

She Devil 64

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good. Tim mentioned on SEN that he was doing a liam Jurrah story. I just figured they would show it next season at a half time break or something. Glad that its going on a prime time high rating show. I was going to watch anyway because they were doing the story on Kurt Fearnley. The paralympian who has just finished crawling the Kokoda track.

Now I have another reason to watch.

Good luck to both Jimmy and Liam.

Channel 7, next time send an experienced journalist who can actually put a cogent report together.

That was a mess.

Was that about Jimmy, Liam, the indigenous community?

Got to love the closing line, along the lines of he has an exciting future. Talking about Liam whilst the focus had been on Jimmy.

Typical tripe from people who don't really care.

Good luck to both Jimmy and Liam.

Channel 7, next time send an experienced journalist who can actually put a cogent report together.

That was a mess.

Was that about Jimmy, Liam, the indigenous community?

Got to love the closing line, along the lines of he has an exciting future. Talking about Liam whilst the focus had been on Jimmy.

Typical tripe from people who don't really care.

Two different stories they couldn't quite tie together in the middle. On there own two amazing stories.

Great to see a positive story about aboriginal communities and role models from the community.

Two different stories they couldn't quite tie together in the middle. On there own two amazing stories.

Great to see a positive story about aboriginal communities and role models from the community.

inspirational, which ever way you see it. Go Jimma/Go Liam :wub:

For those who didn't see it (like me) just head HERE and it's a 'featured video' on the main page :D

EDIT: After watching it, you are spot on Cards.

Edited by Toot182

Huge opportunity missed. There was no juxtaposition between Liam, Yuendemu and Jim other than being a place to visit. I was waiting for some sort of connection about the life journey that both were making, but it never came. They could have done the interview with Jim in a studio somewhere and it wouldn't have mattered.

Really Glad the Story was done. But it was badly written.

But we got an insight into how strong and inspirational our President is.

Jim & this club are going to rise. Beforehand i already knew it. Now i know for sure .

Agree with pretty much all of it.

Loved that I got to see big Jim and hear him speak, loved that I got to see LJ, love that I saw a snippet of his community - but honestly it was poorly done, almost like they thought it would write itself.

Thoughts are still with Jimma

While it was good to see Jim and LJ, the whole story was a mess! Badly written, badly reported and very sloppily edited.

Totally agree, would have loved to see them speak to people who grew up with LJ , had something to do with his early football, & given us more background on LJ's journey.

They should have concentrated on 1 story instead of giving us 2 half ones which they failed to connect

was funny hear ANdy Maher on SEN pump up Tim's tyres about the story, you'd think he had just produced an Oscar winning doco

anyway good to see plenty of red and blue in the red centre.

Edited by Bates Mate

I thought it was interesting. The club has worked well with Liam and his english. What about when Jim and Tim were sitting around the fire and Jim talking about his cancer and mentioned it being fun or something and Tim just looked straight at Jim and said Jim it's not fun.

Anyway Jim is still the most positive person I know and it was good of him to keep his promise to Liam and fly to where he gre up.

On another matter did anyone see the first story on Kurt Fearnley. Man that guy is a genius. What he achieved was remarkable.

For those who didn't see it (like me) just head HERE and it's a 'featured video' on the main page :D

Wow. Cant believe the responses here!

Let me say 1st - I HATE channel 7 as much as the next person -

Havent had the station programmed into any TV Ive owned since they lost the footy in 03' and went with Fox when they got it back in 06'.

So cheers toot182, wouldnt have seen it if it wasnt for your post.

I thought the story was great!

I dont know what people were expecting. Cant see how it was poorly written or edited.. or presented- (and I usually cant stand Tim Watson either ;) )

There were highlights of jimmy and LJ as they went thru a recap on the players stories so far and i thought the connection was obvious:

Theyre both Men on a life changing mission now, and the fact that they both have come from nowhere to play AFL, as their history shows.

Thought the campfire thing was a nice touch and wasnt too sugary.

Would have loved to have seen more, but they can only give each story 10 mins, and we'll see the full doco in March anyway.

Edited by DemonDan...