The Jake Carlisle Thread

Dee tention

I am not sure if there is a thread on Jake so I thought I would make one.

I heard from a very good source today he would like to be picked up by the Demons. He has been told by the Eagles they will select him with a late pick if he is still available.

I really hope he is still there at Pick 18 and we select him. KP Player so I think that would be great.

I heard from a very good source today he would like to be picked up by the Demons. He has been told by the Eagles they will select him with a late pick if he is still available.

I really hope he is still there at Pick 18 and we select him. KP Player so I think that would be great.

From the AFL footage he looks agile with good hands. He's a straight kick.He's the type of player we need.

He was very impressive the day I saw him at Etihad Stadium in the Under 18 Championships kicking 4 goals at FF against SA. Took some nice marks, agile and good below the knees for one so tall. A bit light though and if we drafted him we'd have to give him the Cale Morton physical build up.

Since champs he was moved at Calder Cannons to CHB and showed he was a versatile player. I thought he was a bit quiet in the TAC Cup grand final won by the Cannons but I'll have a look at the tape one of these days to see if that impression's a correct one.

Good skills for a big man. Only a latecomer to Aussie Rules, so fair upside. Hasn't looked particularly quick from what I've seen, but a lovely kick both in general play and set shot, reads the play well with good game sense.

Didn't have too many touches in the TAC GF (10 or 11?), but took one or two nice marks, kicked a goal and was generally good with his disposal.

I spoke to some jake's family today and they said that dean bailley had impressed jake during the interview at draft camp and that the demons was his preference

If we do draft him he will take three years to develop. The most promising of the talls in my opinion, but will take some time.

Jake reminds me a bit of Kurt Tippett.

Add some muscle and strength to the boy and I think he will be a great KP player.

I would hope we can pick him up with Pick 18. But it wouldnt disappoint me if we took him with Pick 11 since he would like to wear a Demon jumper. We will still have other options with Pick 18 either way. Win/Win for us.

Jake reminds me a bit of Kurt Tippett.

Add some muscle and strength to the boy and I think he will be a great KP player.

I would hope we can pick him up with Pick 18. But it wouldnt disappoint me if we took him with Pick 11 since he would like to wear a Demon jumper. We will still have other options with Pick 18 either way. Win/Win for us.

I haven't seen him live and youtube clips don't count but I must admit that in 1 of the clips he showed pretty good vertical lift and reach for a mark surrounded by players and dare I say it it was Tippett like.

• 2 weeks later...

I think most of us would have heard about him growing 22cm in the last 18 months or whatever it was, to get him to this height...

but does anyone know if he was already playing for the cannons before the growth spurt?

I can't remember or find the articles (with minimal searching) but if he was, then it makes him an even more impressive prospect.

In my book anyways.

The kid would still be getting used to his new bigger body, more-so than other tall kids i think, so he would have a huge ceiling.

are people saying butcher will be gone before 11...so we should take Talia @ 11 & carlisle @ 18...???

never seen any of em play..but from what i've read....i'd be happy with trengove,scully,butcher & carlisle.

Black at 11.

Carlisle at 18.

These two can play forward or back and even ruck at there height. These two will be very strong boys too in a couple of seasons I would think.

Carlisle at 11 and Vardy at 18?

Filling needs and basically the best available at these picks. Good to know Carlisle is passionate to play for the dees.

Wouldn't be too disappointed if we got Talia or Black. But Butcher will be gone to Port.

Edited by jurrahcane

Thought the following was interesting, might give some hope to the fact that Carlisle will last until 18.

Injury concerns cast a cloud on draft prospects

Emma Quayle | November 8, 2009

THE fate of two of the most promising key position prospects has been complicated by injury concerns less than three weeks out from this year's national draft.

Jake Carlisle, considered a likely first-round choice from the Calder Cannons, has a back problem while the Eastern Ranges' Ben Griffiths, another potential first-rounder, will have his shoulder reconstructed a day before the November 26 draft, after any injury-plagued season.

Carlisle, who has shown promise playing both forward and in defence, is understood to have a prolapsed disc in his back and some nerve restriction. AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan said there was no evidence of alarming long-term damage.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/in...7247793126.html

Vardy at 11 for me, Carslile at 18

Do you really think we need to take Vardy at 11, ie. that he won't be there at pick 18?

I have a feeling 18 is a little early for him, but I'd still take him there as he won't be around for our next pick.

Depends on who else is on offer. List-balance be damned.

All things being equal...lets not worry over whenother teams think or feel its appropriate to draft someone..lets draw our list and do it in our time. Probablywont suit a lot...thats life :rolleyes"

Do you really think we need to take Vardy at 11, ie. that he won't be there at pick 18?

I have a feeling 18 is a little early for him, but I'd still take him there as he won't be around for our next pick.

Depends on who else is on offer. List-balance be damned.

Not sure. I've kind of contradicted myself I suppose. Suggesting that Carslile's recent injury may push him beyond clubs like Port then suggesting we wait until our fourth pick. Carslile at 11 and Vardy at 18.

Those suggesting we take Ball at all are ignoring that if he cared one iota for the Melbourne Football Club he would have nominated for the PSD. He is asking us to pay for him by way of an early pick which ultimately harms the team he would potentially play for. This to me shows that our club is not in his interests, at all. Wasting a pick on him would be bad for team club culture. No argument there.

The Meesen move I suppose has just impressed upon me our need for a ruckman.

Thought the following was interesting, might give some hope to the fact that Carlisle will last until 18.

Injury concerns cast a cloud on draft prospects

Emma Quayle | November 8, 2009

Carlisle, who has shown promise playing both forward and in defence, is understood to have a prolapsed disc in his back and some nerve restriction. AFL talent manager Kevin Sheehan said there was no evidence of alarming long-term damage.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/in...7247793126.html

My very bottom 2 disks have collasped and the 7th one up is half done. Its taken 2 years to get back to somewhere near normal.

On average, probably half the days in the year i wake up genuinely sore, for no reason. Footy and indoor cricket are just a memory atm.

Feel for the Kid, but wouldn't go near him after hearing this. Not even at pick 100.

Edited by DemonDan...

• 2 weeks later...