Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Ball requests meeting with Dees

jnrmac

Ball has said he doesn't want to play for Melbourne.

Maybe he did say it but that was when Ball had perceived control to his preferred destination Collingwood.

The scenarios and options are slightly different to force a re think.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ball has said he doesn't want to play for Melbourne.

When did he say this? It would have been all over the papers if he did. Demonland bans Magic but doesn't ban this Collingwood idiot it just doesn't make sense. Ball couldn't possibly make his mind up in 1 day. We probably haven't even spoken to him yet he just came back from holidays yesterday. Denham along with his mate Smith are grumpy old men. Hell will freeze over before they have anything positive to say about anything.

This is old news from weeks ago. Times have changed.

Ball has not spoken to anyone outside his manager on a possible decision or made a decision. He only got back to Australia yesterday and will be speaking to our FD next week before he makes a decision. Initially he was not interested in coming to Melbourne as he thought our list was along way behind the competition but as I mentioned in an earlier thread, Paul Connors has set his straight on this, told him we would make the finals in 2011 and that we would press for a premiership in his career. This comes from a friend of mine who knows him well and spoke to him at an old xav end of season [censored] up 2 weeks ago before he went on holiday.

Greg Denham is not on the ball with Ball. Ball will either be a Saint or a Demon.

Edited by Grand New Flag

Greg Denham is not on the ball with Ball. Ball will either be a Saint or a Demon.

I don't mind Denham compared to Fatprick Smith but Ball's arrived home from holidays less then 24 hours ago. Hmmm....

Btw a bloke keeps calling SEN to collect after he put 2 dollars on Greg Denham's 1 million to 1 that Fevola will go to Brisbane.

Ball's manager Paul Connors told me a week ago that Ball didn't want to come to Melbourne because our window at a flag is perceived to be too far away. He advised me that Ball's Father Ray doesn't want his Son coming to Melbourne. He's been there and done that and doesn't want to go through all that is required at a struggling club. At his stage in his career it's not an attractive proposition.

It's little wonder that Chris Connolly came out aggressively in the papers this week saying that with our draft picks it's either the Saints or the Dees for Luke. Did anyone wonder why he did that ? It's because he knows that Ball is reluctant.

Things may change if they genuinely think that they won't get to Collingwood in the ND or if he won't go back to the Saints. He didn't say categorically that he won't end up at the Dees and that Melb are a chance, but it's not what he wants.

We'll see.

Guest The Old Xaverian
This comes from a friend of mine who knows him well and spoke to him at an old xav end of season [censored] up 2 weeks ago before he went on holiday.

That wasn't possible. The Old Xavs FC were on their end of season trip in Thailand, including Luke's brother, Matt. They left the morning after the trading week ended.

Edited by The Old Xaverian

I wish we could [censored] this casey deal off get somewhere closer to home so players would actually consider coming too us. Im [censored] off because I always get my hopes up. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up about trengove and scully too so im not disapointted again if some how we don't choose the pair!

I don't think you can put the blame on Casey. The issue seems to be that our premiership window is not close enough for him.

If he enters the primary draft to try to avoid us , I'd forget him

It's little wonder that Chris Connolly came out aggressively in the papers this week saying that with our draft picks it's either the Saints or the Dees for Luke. Did anyone wonder why he did that ? It's because he knows that Ball is reluctant.

Things may change if they genuinely think that they won't get to Collingwood in the ND or if he won't go back to the Saints. He didn't say categorically that he won't end up at the Dees and that Melb are a chance, but it's not what he wants.

We'll see.

Yes, I did wonder that. Thanks for sharing that.

Hannibal: I beleive you are probably 100% correct. However, Ball could still end up a Demon, his attitude may well soften when he realises he has little choice and realises that we are not the basket case he initially thought.

I have no doubt he would prefer to go to a club with its premeirship window open, problem is unless he goes back to St.Kilda he can't, so its St.Kilda or Melbourne or another bottom eight team in the ND.

Ball's manager Paul Connors told me a week ago that Ball didn't want to come to Melbourne because our window at a flag is perceived to be too far away. He advised me that Ball's Father Ray doesn't want his Son coming to Melbourne. He's been there and done that and doesn't want to go through all that is required at a struggling club. At his stage in his career it's not an attractive proposition.

His old man is acting like Ball is 30. You seem to know them pretty well. How bad is his body?

Well if Ball thinks he only has enough for 2-3 years then personally id pass him by. Bit over all of this already.

Hes good, but not brilliant. if he wants to act like a Prima Donna then no wonder Lyon [censored] him off.. maybe...just maybe we arent giving that enough weight. Maybe , just maybe we're building Luke up to be what he isnt.

Id like him..but not at any cost, there are other options of differing sorts. Hes not the B all and end all ;)

There is no possible way ever that the MFC should waste time on this fool

if he chooses anything else then to nominate for the PSD and if he thinks his chances

are better via the ND good luck playing in purple. If he thinks he can get to the Magpies there's no way.

Like some have said he's good but he isn't a game breaker.

PSD or GTFO

Finally some common sense... WHO CARES ... ITS LUKE BLOODY BALL hes not that great anyway. Sure hes an experienced player and courageous and a leader but give our midfield of Scully Morton Trengove Grimes and others another two years and see that they will crap all over Luke Ball. If he doesn't wanna come here he can nick off to a premiership pretender like Collingwood. Id rather Mitch Thorp who is young and as i said in another thread the reason he left Hawthorn was he wanted game time. It was not his ego as they have Franklin who is the worlds biggest [censored] so it wasnt his ego that hes no longer there.

His old man is acting like Ball is 30. You seem to know them pretty well. How bad is his body?

I only know Connors - through our Kids.

It's purely where they see our premiership window compared to his career. I doubt they want him to be 30 when we're a real chance.

That said, we need to show that we're a realistic chance in 3 years. And frankly we should be.

Edited by Hannibal

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

This Denham story sounds like a load of BS and going on his past form he is just making noise so people listen to him. Ball might not be that interested in coming to us but there is no way he would make a statement like that before he had met with us. And meet with us he will even if it is only to judge his value on the market so he can use it to negotiate with his prefered team.

I agree, who cares, if he comes great if he doesn't we will get the 2 best midfielders in the draft, one that is being compared to C Judd and the other to J Hird. We are going forward with or with out Luke Ball. I keep hearing St Kilda's window is now and ours is some years away, St Kilda may play in another grand final before we do but Luke Ball might not get a game. What would you prefer 14 games at the MCG or playing at TBO. He was playing good footy at Sandy and they wouldn't give him a game, he was on the nose at St Kilda, and once your one the nose with a coach you always have that stink about you with that coach.

I wouldn't rule out Thorp if Ball chooses to stay at St Kilda.

That said, we need to show that we're a realistic chance in 3 years. And frankly we should be.

I hope we can get him but I think it's a long shot.

The point is, with him we are more likely to improve quicker, it's a lttle self-fulfilling.

If he comes we will be better and play finals quicker, if he doesn't we'll take a bit longer.

He might be playing a fair bit of VFL or maybe even not at all by 2014.

I can definitely understand why he'd prefer to be at a current contender.

At St.Kilda or Collingwood he's not going to be #1 opposition focus but in 2010 at Melbourne he is.

On the other hand their window is open right now and they must throw everything at winning a flag, we can afford to use him a bit more carefully.

I don't think the ND is so fraught for him as everyone likes to make out.

We wont pick him at 18 and Richmond and Freo wont pick him either.

I don't think WC will pick him but if they did there's worse outcomes than playing in WA with a super rich club on the way up the ladder.

Why would he view North as a worse option than us?

Essendon is an attractive option.

Brisbane like WC is a desirable location.

Geelong, Adelaide and then his desired location Collingwood.

The worst thing that could happen is that Port picked him at 16 - who knows what Choco thinks!

If I was him I'd go ND or a one year deal at St.Kilda and try to get to Collingwood or GC next year.

This Denham story sounds like a load of BS and going on his past form he is just making noise so people listen to him. Ball might not be that interested in coming to us but there is no way he would make a statement like that before he had met with us. And meet with us he will even if it is only to judge his value on the market so he can use it to negotiate with his prefered team.

Denham is parroting what he's heard. Do you think he's making it up ?

Ball hasn't ruled Melb out, but there's no doubt that he and his manager want him to get to Collingwood via the ND. His manager told me.

well..I think most would agree he would bring something. I think many myself included now dont mind either way. If he wants to try the ND then Id leave him alone as he obviously doesnt want to be a Dee. No ones worth dragging kicking and scratching..no one !!

I dont think Collingwoods window is either that clean or that far open personally. They have been lucky and its all going to run out next year :lol: they will be found wanting. If Ball does stay with the Sainters he is black-balled and would have to be exceptional to get much game time. Why would he want to move all the way the worlds most remote city to play with a team going up when he can stay put in Vic and acccomplish the same ?

Dont really care one way or other any more.. I would have thought he would have made some indication by now and thats more than just a meeting as thats really just going through the motions.

I sense he doesnt really care much for us..thats ok..there are others

Ball hasn't ruled Melb out, but there's no doubt that he and his manager want him to get to Collingwood via the ND. His manager told me.

I don't think he is making it up. Why would he ?

Could well be he has heard the same as you H, that he wants to get to Collingwood. Denham may have just drawn the conclusion therefore "he doesn't want to go to Melb, he wants Collingwood", even though he hasn't ruled the Dees out.

I hope we can get him but I think it's a long shot.

The point is, with him we are more likely to improve quicker, it's a lttle self-fulfilling.

If he comes we will be better and play finals quicker, if he doesn't we'll take a bit longer.

He might be playing a fair bit of VFL or maybe even not at all by 2014.

I can definitely understand why he'd prefer to be at a current contender.

At St.Kilda or Collingwood he's not going to be #1 opposition focus but in 2010 at Melbourne he is.

On the other hand their window is open right now and they must throw everything at winning a flag, we can afford to use him a bit more carefully.

I don't think the ND is so fraught for him as everyone likes to make out.

We wont pick him at 18 and Richmond and Freo wont pick him either.

I don't think WC will pick him but if they did there's worse outcomes than playing in WA with a super rich club on the way up the ladder.

Why would he view North as a worse option than us?

Essendon is an attractive option.

Brisbane like WC is a desirable location.

Geelong, Adelaide and then his desired location Collingwood.

The worst thing that could happen is that Port picked him at 16 - who knows what Choco thinks!

If I was him I'd go ND or a one year deal at St.Kilda and try to get to Collingwood or GC next year.

He doesn't want to play interstate, this has been stated. Using your run down of the national draft I can see massive issues with him either getting to collingwood or remaining in victoria.

Going to the gold coast might get him more money but he is no closer to a flag with them than with melbourne, infact I would say he is further away.

I'm sure that Ball and Connors will be going over the scenarios over the weekend and they will come to the realisation that they have limited options.

The ND option is fraught - he will not get to Collingwood, and I would not put it past Syd, PA, or us to spoil the party.

It's Melbourne or St Kilda...

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I don't think he is making it up but I do think that he is putting his own spin on it, and possibly words in Ball's mouth. There is a huge difference between saying he prefers to go one place and saying that he has ruled out another completely.