Something about Jurrah that I never expected

Yze_Magic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a Melbourne player excite me this much since...

That's it. He's got everything. Love flash, I feel he changed the game, ever so slightly. But Jurrah didn't need to change the game to make his presence felt.

I don't know which one to choose as my favourite youngster. Grimes, Jurrah... Jurrah, Grimes. The best young player award at years end might be handed to two guys.

I will say this though. The other Wiz was the most exciting young player I've ever seen at MFC. Maybe Schwarta too.

I think I might have started something there.

Jeff Farmer = A Wizard... or the "other" Wizard.

Liam Jurrah = THE Wizard.

He's showed this from his very first game versus Essendon.

Yep -- one of the first thing I saw him do was give Courtenay Dempsey a massive shove over the boundary line after a contest, and I've seen him do that sort of thing every game. White line fever - love it. Exciting stuff.

For a bloke that has only played a handful of games at the top level he has this magnificent aura that just says that he is here to play and he doesn't care who is playing on him because he knows that he will beat them. His kick to Robbo on the weekend was sublime - I know the mark was pants wetting but to cap it off with a millimeter perfect weighted kick - that is real champion stuff. Happy happy joy joy. I can only see upside to the lad, and a hell of a lot of it at that. I expect that many a young Demon fan will be wearing his number for years to come. :wub:

His pass to Petterd was almost as good. That's the point - once in a game is an exciting flash-in-the-pan, but he does "exciting" several times a game.

What did he have on the weekend? Something like 8 touches? And they were ALL worthwhile. My hearts in my mouth everytime he goes near the ball, in a good way though for a change. It makes me smile seeing him grow every week. We are lucky to have this guy. Finds like this in pre season draft of all places is why i really dont care about priority picks.

He's showed this from his very first game versus Essendon.

Yes it was clearly visible that he liked the rough and tough side of things at his debut. Not sure how this could of gone unnoticed at his debut..... . He has the best weighted passes by foot in the side already.

Edited by High Tower

So clean by hand and foot, and he seems to do it all so instinctively ...... and always for the team. I can't remember one selfish bit of play, or rush of blood where he didn't look for and select the best option.

So clean by hand and foot, and he seems to do it all so instinctively ...... and always for the team. I can't remember one selfish bit of play, or rush of blood where he didn't look for and select the best option.

What about that tap back over his head when the ball was about to go over the boundary line, towards Bennel?. It wasn't right on the mark and Bennel? fumbled it, but the way that it was done was brilliant; pure instinct!

Edited by undeeniable

I don't want to get you all too excited, but he ain't even fit yet. He's never done a pre-season. Give him 5 more kilos of muscle and a bigger tank, he'll be absolutely unstoppable.

Hey rudeboy, too late, we're already excited!!

If it ever becomes available, he'd love to wear number 15. it was his Dad's number made famous in Central Australia, and was his own number at Yuendumu.

He may have a deal going with Petterd, "I'll gift you 15 goals by the end of the season, you hand over the number 15".

He's already given him 4.

This post is worthy of more discussion. Playing alongside Jurrah is going to take some of the pressure of Watts, and that's a good thing.

I agree Jarka. In fact I think they'll help each other by taking the pressure off each other. If you know what I mean...... :huh: Did that make sense? LOL.

I agree Jarka. In fact I think they'll help each other by taking the pressure off each other. If you know what I mean...... :huh: Did that make sense? LOL.

LOL. No worries HT, it made perfect sense... ;)

What about that tap back over his head when the ball was about to go over the boundary line, towards Bennel?. It wasn't right on the mark and Bennel? fumbled it, but the way that it was done was brilliant; pure instinct!

He tapped it towards Davey.

It was one of the most beautifully instinctive and smart things I've seen anyone in a Melbourne jumper do in a long time.

He knew Davey was behind him, he judged the bounce of the ball and tapped it backwards over his head. It was insane just how smart it was in the heat of the moment with 2 guys on his tail.

In Jurrah and Watts we have two very intelligent player who will complement one another really well.

Made a similar comment on 'ology recently as many of those expressed here.

The kid has it all. Good overhead, on the ground, applies very good defensive pressure, quality disposal, instinctive, great vision and obvious football smarts. He will be an absolute gun.

I haven't been as excited about a young player since Scwartz burst onto the scene, but I see more ability and potential than Scwarta had (before his knee ops) and that's not disrespecting David!

I just love the fact that someone who does not even like AFL (AKA my better half), is suddenly cheering for one Mr LJ Walpirri-Wizard. He has spellbound Melbourne Town.

I love that EVERYONE is talking about our player.

Melbourne supporters talk about Morton and Grimes.

Jurrah will be the sort of player opposition supporters go to watch, just to see what he comes up with.