Jack Watts

Satan

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given Watts has said all along that he will stay and finish his VCE, regardless of who drafts him, and given the club has made numerous concessions to allow him to finish his studies, it is fair to say that Watts and his family care about his studies.

While VCE results are not the be all and end all, they can open educational doors and allow Watts to explore studies and develop a career outside of football (which every single player should do).

He is right to concentrate and balance school against footy, but as Bailey said, he is performing well at school, and not studying the day before an exam is hardly disastrous. Many of my school teachers encouraged us to take the day off before an exam and let the information marinate. Of course due to a lack of general interest, we never time managed properly and would end up cramming, but I'm sure Jack is better than that ;)

thanks jaded and nasher.

i am currently studying at uni, and a course that had a high requirement to get in. but my point is that enter scores mean nothing. teaching is a hard profession that requires an intelligent individual and quite an important skill set, yet the required enter is low because it is not in high demand. similarly, trades require no enter qualification but usually employers require the achievement of a victorian certificate of education. other courses require very high marks, but could be completed by less skilled individual because there is a high demand. enter scores mean nothing.

that being said, enter scores are of interest for 2 years i believe after you leave school. after that point, you are assessed on a number of factors as a mature age student. it is probably safe to say that jack watts has a few years on an afl list ahead of him. even if it is only 2-3, not getting into his preferred course now will not nessecarily cost him in the future.

VCE scores are not important unless you want to go to uni, and then they are not important unless you want a specific course with a specific enter. i am an advocate of a good education, but i am not sure that 'good education' translates in anyway shape of form to 'high enter', and at no stage did i advocate that anyone should leave school without passing year 12.

those who think a high year 12 score is the be all and end all clearly have no idea how society works, or know they won't get it and are jealous, or know they will get it and think they are elite. or parents who don't understand. doing your best is more important than etting a high score.

Thanks for the link.

Jack is definately a man beyond his years. Great stuff.

And who was the dickh##d journo making a snow joke? What a genius. :rolleyes:

I loved the way Bailey made him look like a tool in front of all his colleagues. Great stuff.

Where are you from mate?

And nightmare im not even sure if we have Tiger Air?

I actually have a secret that only a few demon supporters on here know about. I am yet to ever go to a game at the G full stop and i have been a supporter since 1995. Im struggling financially atm so its going to have to wait a while yet :)

Still ill make it a big day at home with girlfriend, brothers and more friends, bbq and lots of frothies!

Cant wait ! :)

Mousey would you believe I booked flights at the start of the year with my closest Melbourne-following mate to go and see the QB game (as I regularly do) only to discover a couple of months ago that one of my wife's closest friends is getting married that weekend. I transferred the flight and went and saw the Hawthorn game a couple of weeks ago. I'm not spewing at all now that Watts is debuting!

Guest morton10

Like someone said in another thread and I have to agree with them. I have never been more exited about a Melbourne game than I am now. Considering that we have 1 win on the board no finals chances placed 16th on the ladder. With 5 more long sleeps I already have butterfly in my tummy, would hate to think how wattsy will sleep leading up to the game. I wish him the best of luck and hopefully take away the 4 points that the filth already have penciled in.

Natanui (a dees supporter) posted this on bigfooty. i quite liked it:

Jack just walking to his the G for his debut... Nothin special for him..

4524_103018418082_657713082_2818447_5795

Keep this Photo...One Day it may be very Famous.. Good Luck Mr Watts may you have a long & Most Distinguished career amid the Return to Ultimate Glory of the Melbourne Football Club. "SIEZE THE DAY"

I have a deep man love for Colin Sylvia. My picture, my players.

Great picture, Lets just hope it doesn't have the same effect on us as it seems to come done to Carlton.

Don't worry I also have a bad case of man love for Colin, especially this season !! :)

Ahh the hoopla and frivolity in this thread is something to behold......

I just hope young Jack comes close to our ever expanding expectations because that would indeed make him a star ;) :D !!!

Prediction: 84,500. :)

Not a chance in hell. We'll now hopefully get 70,000 and even that's pushing it. I hope you're right, but there's no way we'll get near 80,000.

Cant wait ... have to take our kids just so in 10. 20, 30 years time they can say ... "I was there for Jack Watts first game in the red & the blue" ... it will help instill the passion for ever.

I will never forget my first time I saw Robbie Flower run down that wing ... still brings a tear to my eyes today.

PS Any of my kids mates wont to come ... Demons supporter or not I will carry them on my back to the MCG if I have too.

Its up to us supporters to get behind the club ... turn up in our droves.

Lets go Dees!!!

It's just a pity we can't do it every week. Granted, I'm incredibly excited by this. Got a text from my old man in a lecture today and shook my fist at the lecturer in celebration. :D What a [censored]. ;)

Cant believe the day has finally come to unveil our prized pick! I didnt think it would happen for another month or two yet, but holy sh*t I'm excited!

Let's not have ridiculous expectations though. He's a kid who turned 18 this year and is still doing his VCE. Let's just hope he gets through the match fine and gets a few touches. He's got 10+ years to build upon it and be a star.