• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

changes for round 8 v Doggies

beelzebub

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Batram was one of our best and his speed is a great asset. Will be very handy against the Dogs..

Our changes down back will be forced, but up forward we are really struggling.

Bate is desperately out of form and does not warrant a game, this is made more clear by robbo struggling. but he will only get better the more games he plays.

Our only marking forward options are newton, and maybe hughes of the rookie list. He can play the lead up forward role that bate plays. Can mark and is better below his knees than bate ( but so am i!!!). I would like to see how this kid goes as i think he has talent.

Cheney should be brought in.. Dunn might survive, its funny i have wanted him dropped every week now but for match ups he might be handy down back and finally find a position!

Bell an automatic inclusion... *chuckle*

Did he play some secret game this week that I'm unaware of that suddenly elevated his poor, poor, poor effort against Coburg above Kyle Cheney?

Replace the word 'automatic' with 'Scully & Butcher' and sure, Bell is the man.

Our only marking forward options are newton, and maybe hughes of the rookie list. He can play the lead up forward role that bate plays. Can mark and is better below his knees than bate ( but so am i!!!). I would like to see how this kid goes as i think he has talent.

I too think Hughes has some talent. But that was based on one match. And even then he really only played one half. He'd have to get some consistency going at Casey in order to get a call up. Newton's the same.

Dunn might survive, its funny i have wanted him dropped every week now but for match ups he might be handy down back and finally find a position!

That's the thing, though. No one knows where Dunn should play. He might be 'handy' up forward, he might be 'handy' down back, he might be 'handy' running with Cooney or someone. But when the game comes, we're more likely to see him struggle to have an influence no matter where he plays.

IN: Bell, Spencer (McNamara), Whelan

OUT: Bartram, Frawley (inj), Rivers (inj)

How does Bartram get dropped after arguably his best game of the season?

He doesn't........

Seriously his name should be no where near this list.

Barty is a definite IN..has some serious nullifying to do ..as usual ;)

OUT : Bate (omit) Rivers (inj) Frawley (inj) Dunn (omit)

IN : Newton, Bell, Wheels, and either Cheney, McNamara, or Spencer (all depending on fitness and match-ups)

Out: Frawley, Rivers

In: Cheney, McNamara

Is Green a sneaky chance to get back this weekend ?

possibly... but youd think they'd do the sensible thing and give him half a game or so in the magoos to get back 'with it' then the Sqwakers the following week !! :huh:

Whelan is an obvious inclusion this week.

He has played 2-3 weeks at VFl/VFL reserves level. He has had 3-4 weeks since being fully recovered from injury.

He adds experience and maturity to the backline that will help our young defenders (like Grimes) develop. Is wayyy to good to be playing VFL.

In: Whelan, McNamara

Out: Frawley, Rivers

Can someone answer a question for me?

I was sure when we recruited Bate he played his first few games in the midfield.

Was I dreaming, because we need to do something to give him some confidence. He's a mess at the moment. He needs a shift in focus IMO.

Can someone answer a question for me?

I was sure when we recruited Bate he played his first few games in the midfield.

Was I dreaming, because we need to do something to give him some confidence. He's a mess at the moment. He needs a shift in focus IMO.

Not good enough below his knees for an inside midfielder, too slow (with feet and decisions) for an outside midfielder. We can shift his focus to Casey.

I could make a list of slow-ish midfielders and their attributes compared to M. Bate but I think he is a magoos player. When people talk about Bate playing in form, his form is 16 possessions and 1-2 goals, I don't think that's enough for a guy with so many years in the system.

possibly... but youd think they'd do the sensible thing and give him half a game or so in the magoos to get back 'with it' then the Sqwakers the following week !! :huh:

I would be absolutely shocked if Green returned via the VFL.

Full pre-season plus collision injury equals straight back into the first 18 when not injured for mine.

Out - Frawley, Rivers, Bate

In - Jetta, Spencer, Whelan

Dunn did a reasonable job at Subiaco. I'm surprised he is being mentioned ahead of Bate. Bate is a joke of a football player. Almost down there with Newton. Robertson should move up to replace Bate's half forward flank position and Jetta come in to the forward pocket.

McNamara MUST be an inclusion this week, surely?!

Having lost Frawley and Rivers, both tall defenders, and with McNamara (also a tall defender) impressing in his last few matches with Casey, surely his inclusion is a given? He mightn't be as tall as them at only 190cm, but he's strong overhead and like Frawley, is creative with his run and dash. Occasionally drifts forward and kicks goals too, which is a bonus.

As someone said earlier, Cheney has been an emergency for a few weeks now, and given the Bulldogs smallish forwardline he should come in. Talk of older players like Bell, Whelan returning from reasonably long lay-offs would be premature in my opinion. Cheney has been consistently solid all year, and he's young, fit and shows considerable upside with his hard-nosed style and strong marking for his size. More important for his development to play him now, than to rush back guys like Bell or Whelan who could probably do with some more strong performances in the VFL.

If fit, Spencer could come in, but i think that's probably doubtful given he's missed the last month.

PJ did a good job as the lone hand against Cox and i'm interested to see if he can back it up with another solid performnce on Hudson/Minson. Martin was ok giving him 5-min spells here and there, so i think we can manage without Spencer for now. I'd prefer to see young Spenny in full flight after a couple of games back at Casey regaining confindence and form, rather than have him thrown in the deep end and beaten. The extra runner could be important against the Bulldogs too. I can't see Spencer playing too many minutes given the amount of football he's missed recently, so in many ways we'll effectively be playing with 21 men. However, if he does come up, i'd like to see Dunn make way for him.

Dunn's not a defenders bootlace IMO with his lack of courage in marking contests. Could you imagine Dunn ever being as commited to a contest as someone like Rivers, that he might injure himself the way he did against WCE? Defenders can't squib those kinds of contests, and Dunn is a serial offender in this regard.

So for me I think its pretty simple-

OUT: Frawley (inj), Rivers (inj), Dunn (if Spencer's fit).

IN: McNamara, Cheney, Spencer (if fit).

:huh: <_< :angry:

There is not a chance in hell that Maric is getting dropped.

Nor should he......

Out- Maric, Bate, Dunn, Frawley, Rivers (Frawley and Rivers due to fitness)

In- Spencer, McNamara, CHENEY, Jetta, Whelan.

Yeah right lets drop Maric. Worst post ever! :wacko:

How far away is jamar from playing? This will determine whether spencer is a chance. If the big russian is back for casey then spencer will go back to the rookie list. I know he can be promoted for someone else but would it be worth it for 1-2 weeks. Especially considering PJ had such a great game and Martin could play forward ruck this week.

Yeah right lets drop Maric. Worst post ever! :wacko:

Not sure about 'worst post ever', he wins "tool of the week", surely.

Depending on injuries:

Out: Rivers, Frawley

In: Cheney, Spencer

Agree with this.

Not sure about 'worst post ever', he wins "tool of the week", surely.

Agree with this.

Yeah your right "tool of the week" I was just gobsmacked at the statment.