Robertson - a pleasing return

Sylvia - far too little

Warnock - disciplined and successful

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartram - determined but exposed

Bate - not on field (needs to be dropped)

Bennell - often seemed overawed

Bruce - was surprisingly loose

Davey - prolific and dynamic

Dunn - seemed totally lost

Frawley - loose but exciting

Johnson - was rarely noticed (bit harsh, thought it was a better game from PJ)

Jones - determined but sporadic

Maric - a huge disappointment

McDonald - never stopped trying (made some bad errors though)

Martin - all at sea (actually thought he did well up forward, would like to see him up there a bit more)

McLean - slow and labouring

Meesen - played his part

Miller - always double teamed

Moloney - not as prolific

Morton - too easily outmuscled (but was very good!!)

Petterd - lost in pocket

Rivers - was rarely sighted

Robertson - a pleasing return

Sylvia - far too little (his attack on the ball was first rate)

Warnock - disciplined and successful

Disagree with a lot of those today...

Bartram - poor skills, great endeavor

Bate - terrible again

Bennell - quiet game, great skills

Bruce - terrible skills, poor judgment

Davey - continues to shine

Dunn - ruins anything he does well, with a chain of horrible actions

Frawley - brilliant

Johnson - better than last week, but still not enough

Jones - take the first option!

Maric - can get the ball, but can't kick??

McDonald - tired

Martin - great up forward

McLean - frustrated and frustrating (was I the only one who saw him swear angrily when he came off the ground towards the end of the match?)

Meesen - provides an actual contest

Miller - worked hard as always

Moloney - great tackling game

Morton - future superstar

Petterd - better out of defence

Rivers - disappointing

Robertson - good to have him back

Sylvia - 2 good minutes a game is not enough Colin!

Warnock - stuck to task

Geeze, what do you expect from him?

8 tackles.. i thought he had a good crack and second half was very good..

surely people will start to turn from col and realise dunn has massive courage issues and is hopeless. Bate has had 5 shockers in a row but seems to be a walk up start....

Don't get me started on bruce.. typically butchered the ball, was laughable in the third against johnson and his kick to maric that nearly had him killed was terrible!!

Disagree with a lot of those today...

Bartram - poor skills, great endeavor

Bate - terrible again

Bennell - quiet game, great skills

Bruce - terrible skills, poor judgment

Davey - continues to shine

Dunn - ruins anything he does well, with a chain of horrible actions

Frawley - brilliant

Johnson - better than last week, but still not enough

Jones - take the first option!

Maric - can get the ball, but can't kick??

McDonald - tired

Martin - great up forward

McLean - frustrated and frustrating (was I the only one who saw him swear angrily when he came off the ground towards the end of the match?)

Meesen - provides an actual contest

Miller - worked hard as always

Moloney - great tackling game

Morton - future superstar

Petterd - better out of defence

Rivers - disappointing

Robertson - good to have him back

Sylvia - 2 good minutes a game is not enough Colin!

Warnock - stuck to task

Restrict yourself to 3 words and then I might respect your opinions .

It's easy to add - on provisos when you're unrestricted !

BTW , there doesn't appear to be much difference between your points and mine anyway .

I

Bartram - One of his best games

Bate - Needs a run at Casey and needs to completely overhaul kicking action

Bennell - Quiet, but classy

Bruce - Little impact

Davey - All-Australian form

Dunn - Needs to find a position

Frawley - Very good but needs to completely overhaul kicking action

Johnson - Sloppy at times

Jones - Lacked polish despite strong efforts

Maric - A game to forget

McDonald - Was good on Ablett

Martin - Looked good when forward

McLean - Still making dumb mistakes

Meesen - Didn't stop trying

Miller - See Meesen

Moloney - Quiet for his standards

Morton - Kicking is a concern and needs far more muscle

Petterd - Looked much better down back

Rivers - Killed on the lead

Robertson - Too good for Scarlett

Sylvia - Needs to do more

Warnock - One of the best

Bartram - ferocious at pill

Bate - nothing yet again

Bennell - poise with errors

Bruce - butchering marred intensity

Davey - another top game

Dunn - back to twos

Frawley - excellent creative game

Johnson - better this week

Jones - pinged but OK

Maric - let him settle

McDonald - great stopping game

Martin - OK in parts

McLean - slow but effective

Meesen - another decent effort

Miller - up against it

Moloney - another good dip

Morton - showed his potential

Petterd - OK in parts

Rivers - RDO

Robertson - saw him chase

Sylvia - good tackling game

Warnock - solid and reliale

8 tackles.. i thought he had a good crack and second half was very good..

surely people will start to turn from col and realise dunn has massive courage issues and is hopeless. Bate has had 5 shockers in a row but seems to be a walk up start....

Don't get me started on bruce.. typically butchered the ball, was laughable in the third against johnson and his kick to maric that nearly had him killed was terrible!!

I can't wait til Bruce retires!

Rivers - Killed on the lead

Excellent point. Had at least 5 goals kicked on him today. If I was coaching against us I would instruct to deliver at every opportunity to whoever Rivers is playing on. He cannot play accountable football and when he does he is not good on a lead up or body player.

I love J-Riv and feel he can read the play very well, but it seems he often relies on this far too much instead of focussing on his direct opponent.

Bennel could probably do with a rest soon.

Petterd always gives his all along with Bartram, who I think could be finding his feet again.

Bruce's disposal continues to send me to an early grave, though he's far from alone. Maric had a shocker, hopefully after a few weeks in the Seniors he'll start to get into a rhythm.

Sylvia didn't do enough yet again.

Davey is in a purple patch of form, Frawley is starting to show that his good flashes of previous seasons are not just flash in the pan stuff.

Can't say I agree with Martin going up forward, but I'm also not vehemently opposed.

I love McDonald. Obviously not our best player, but alwasy tries his guts out.

Next week:

Bennel out (Bate would still be considered very lucky to hold his spot if he does)

Grimes in

I love J-Riv and feel he can read the play very well, but it seems he often relies on this far too much instead of focussing on his direct opponent.

Bennel could probably do with a rest soon.

Petterd always gives his all along with Bartram, who I think could be finding his feet again.

Bruce's disposal continues to send me to an early grave, though he's far from alone. Maric had a shocker, hopefully after a few weeks in the Seniors he'll start to get into a rhythm.

Sylvia didn't do enough yet again.

Davey is in a purple patch of form, Frawley is starting to show that his good flashes of previous seasons are not just flash in the pan stuff.

Can't say I agree with Martin going up forward, but I'm also not vehemently opposed.

I love McDonald. Obviously not our best player, but alwasy tries his guts out.

Next week:

Bennel out (Bate would still be considered very lucky to hold his spot if he does)

Grimes in

Id like to see Grimes as well but he didnt do alot for Casey yesterday. I wouldnt mind giving Bail a run or one of the macs?

BTW , there doesn't appear to be much difference between your points and mine anyway .

I

Didn't realise we're not allowed to disagree with you.

Also I notice many people use more than 3 words to elaborate on your posts. This is what the 3 word analysis thread usually turns into, in-depth player discussion.

Oh and am I supposed to care whether or not you respect my opinion, because I didn't get the memo :rolleyes:

Also I notice many people use more than 3 words to elaborate on your posts. This is what the 3 word analysis thread usually turns into, in-depth player discussion.

Oh and am I supposed to care whether or not you respect my opinion, because I didn't get the memo :rolleyes:

lol go get em jaded

You don't have to be a smart ass about it , but if you say you disagree then at least present your case in a comparable fashion .

I

Joeboy, of all the posters that comment on players' performances, every week, I respect your opinion much more than many others on this forum. You remain unbiased and have no problem praising a player who may have played poorly the week before. Others brand a player, and no matter what he does on the day they criticize. I agree too with your answer to Jaded who seems a real know all. Doesn't like her opinions challenged.

You don't have to be a smart ass about it , but if you say you disagree then at least present your case in a comparable fashion .

Why? Who died and made you king? I think you'll find we'll say what we like where, when and how we want, like it or not.

Why? Who died and made you king? I think you'll find we'll say what we like where, when and how we want, like it or not.

At least Joeboy makes the effort every single week. That is to say, he goes to the trouble of expressing his thoughts. Don't be so pompous or we will think you are the King!

Joeboy, of all the posters that comment on players' performances, every week, I respect your opinion much more than many others on this forum. You remain unbiased and have no problem praising a player who may have played poorly the week before. Others brand a player, and no matter what he does on the day they criticize. I agree too with your answer to Jaded who seems a real know all. Doesn't like her opinions challenged.

I see now that Yze_Magic is on one of his regular holidays, you're desperately trying to find another target (preferably one that is not of the view that Bruce is god's gift to football)

Unlucky for you, I'm not gonna bother feeding your cravings for an argument.

We all have our thoughts on players. Joeboy does a great job each week with his 3 word analysis. Not because he is always right, but because his opinions stimulate conversation.

That is the point of the thread, and why it has become a weekly post-game tradition on Demonland.

For some reason he didn't like me disagreeing with him (or couldn't see how what I said contradicted his thoughts :wacko: ), but that is of little relevance to you or your agenda.

Am i the only person who thinks Meesen had a pretty dissappointing game today?

He spent the majority of the time on the ground, in the ruck, yet only managed 5 hitouts (& 13 disposals) as our #1 ruck option (to Blake's 29 hitouts). 5 hitouts in almost a full game on the ball is just not acceptable.

In significantly less game time, Johnson had 12 disposals and 7 hitouts. Not exactly flattering numbers either, but he spent a lot less time in the ruck, and was more competitive IMO. As well as being a lot tidier with his disposal and kicking a nice goal.

I'm glad Meesen has shown something over the past few weeks, but today he was just completely ineffective.

I see now that Yze_Magic is on one of his regular holidays, you're desperately trying to find another target (preferably one that is not of the view that Bruce is god's gift to football)

Unlucky for you, I'm not gonna bother feeding your cravings for an argument.

We all have our thoughts on players. Joeboy does a great job each week with his 3 word analysis. Not because he is always right, but because his opinions stimulate conversation.

That is the point of the thread, and why it has become a weekly post-game tradition on Demonland.

For some reason he didn't like me disagreeing with him (or couldn't see how what I said contradicted his thoughts :wacko: ), but that is of little relevance to you or your agenda.

I have no qualms with anyone disagreeing with my points , however I'd appreciate those who disagree with me making the effort to present their case in 3 words , thus making it a fair comparison .

If I thought anyone could be bothered reading a thesis each week I could also do my analysis in that format and I could thereby quite easily cover every single aspect of a player's performance .

If I see Dunn poo his pants once more when going for a mark or a hard ball I reckon I'll spew. Maric had a shocker too, but I'm prepared for patience there. Bruce as a leader just has to kick those gettable goals.

Other than that I was reasonably happy with the effort of the majority of players.

If I see Dunn poo his pants once more when going for a mark or a hard ball I reckon I'll spew.

Tell me about it. He's a real serial offender in that regards. To be honest, i hope he gets dropped and makes way for someone who's willing to put their body on the line unconditionally. I hate to make such permenant statements, but he won't make it in the AFL if he keeps squibbing marking contests. 'Nuff said.