J.of Arc

K. Tutunkahmen

A.Woneamirri

J. Lennon

V. van Gogh

K.B. Wilson

D. Bradman

Bigfoot

Surely Usain Bolt could fit into the forward line?

Backs: M.Whelan, M.Warnock, C.Garland

Half backs: C.Bruce, J Rivers, P.Wheatley

Centreline: B.McLean, S.Buckley, B.Moloney

Half forwards: B.Green, J.Brown, R.Robertson

Forwards: A.Davey, B.Miller, C.Sylvia

Followers: M.Jamar, C.Morton, B.Cousins

Interchange: D.Bell, S.Valenti, P.Johnson , J Watts

Emg. R.Warnock, M.Bate, N.Jones

We trade right this team is very possible.

Stuff the 5 year plan when we can have this next year.

Maybe have a crack at Kerr while we are at it and the rebuild is complete and we go give it a shake.

Is this Paul McNamee??

Surely Usain Bolt could fit into the forward line?

More likely round 1 2010 because Watts and Robinson would be so young but...

B: M.Whelan, S.Martin, C.Johnson

HB: C.Garland, J.Rivers, R.Petterd

C: C.Morton B.McLean M.Robinson

HF: A. Maric J. Watts, M.Bate

F: Davey.A, B.Miller, A Wonaemirri

R: R.Warnock, B Prismall, L.Dunn

I/C J.Grimes, N.Jones, M.Warnock, P.Johnson / U.Bolt

Emergencies: Sylvia, Wheatley McDonald, Bartram

Assuming Green and/or Bruce used as trade bait to help get both Warnock and Prismall on board...assuming that Usain is as good as "in the bag"

Guest Big Aussie Punter

After yesterdays effort think we need more of YM's out-there threads!

To digress and get back on to the serious stuff for a moment

Here are my thoughts:

* Use the money that Brad Green wants and his tradeability of getting a decent pick- to offload him - and use the loot to throw at Robbie Warnock so we can use the PSD 1 properly. We'll need cash to get R Warnock over the line with other clubs probably willing to throw Draft Picks at Freo.

Trade Brad Green

Offer Big Cash for Robbie W & Use the PSD 1 pick

* National Draft pick 1. This is a real biggie for us. Jack Watts V Dan Rich this is not over by any stretch. Two of the most important types of players in our game are Midfielders with the lot and Power Forwards who can take a contested mark.

Midfielders with the lot - speed, skill, clearance ability. Theres not that many of them when it gets down to it. G Ablett, A Cooney, B Harvey, D Kerr, Nathan Foley perhaps. From watching Rich play he ticks all those boxes - this is what we are giving up if we dont pick him.

Power Fowards - Bradshaw, Brown, Hall, Franklin, Roughead, Mooney. Will Jack Watts be a power foward?? If not...He will need to be as good Nick Riewoldt and James Hird in my opinion to select him over Rich, because there are our doubts he will be a power foward. Thats a big call. West Coast have been unwavering in their want for Rich (they used to be the team that was good right with all those gun mids).

Interesting to see Jack Watts playing midfield for the Sandie Dragons - we probaly dont need Cale Morton Mark 2(thats no offence to cale - gun player) . But If all Jack Watts is - a good hitup foward. Then Brad Miller and Matthew Bate will become redundant because thats the position they play in our team. (If List Management is actually for real and not just a sexy term for dumb journos and ex-footballers). If we pick Jack Watts we should trade one of these two.

Huge Call then! Might go Daniel Rich.

* Put Daniel Rich and Cale Morton in the same house, well heated, and supply endless amounts of local females or ex-pat West Aussies- to knock the go home factor out of them.

* Final Strategy then. Given that we will have picks 1, 17, and 19. Try and get one more pick around the pick 8 mark as suggested. SO THAT WE HAVE 4 PICKS IN THE TOP 20. Pick 1 Rich, Pick 8 Mitch Robinson (could be anything), Pick 17 & 19 use one for getting the best most likely Key foward if not two and another midfielder with the other. To get pick 8 or therabouts put Green on the table, or Nathan Jones (no one has selected him with their top 18's here and he will have obvious value - and with Rich and Grimes - dispensable. With other players (Frawley, Carroll, Bell etc) as sweetners or late draft picks.

My run on side for 2009 (cant come soon enough)

Whelan - Martin - Garland

Wheatley - Rivers - Chris Johnson

Morton - (Rich) - Buckley

Bruce - Miller - Davey

Sylvia - Robertson - Wona

(Warnock) - Mclean - Jmac

Inter - PJ, Bate, Grimes, Maric

Emerg from Petterd, MWarnock, Jamar, Valenti, (Pick 8 Mitch Robinson from Tassie), Moloney, Jones, Pick 17, Pick 19, Newton, Bartram, Dunn whoeverelse I have missed etc.

That's not a bad side with upside I reckon.

Trades: Pick 8 in ND in exchange for Brad Green and John Meeson to Carlton (Meeson looks a star next to Ackland)

Trades: B Prismall from Geelong in return for our last pick in the ND (Ref Deals done on King and Gardiner last year)

Trades: R Warnock from Fremantle in exchange for Nathan Carroll and Daniel Bell (Fremantle are fun to trade with)

PSD: T Boyle from Hawthorn (Not sure if this is plausible, but why let the truth get in the way of a good story)

Firstly Carlton would not give up pick 8 for Green and Meesen

Secondly Geelong will not let Prismall go for nothing

Thirdly why trade with Fremantle for Warnock when we have the 1st pick in the pre season draft?

Finally you're an idiot! :lol:

Thirdly why trade with Fremantle for Warnock when we have the 1st pick in the pre season draft?

Finally your an idiot! :lol:

I agree with you about Carlton, although they may be willing to do Green, White and our 3rd round pick for their first round pick. I'd do that.

When it comes down to it, I'm not sure Geelong has a say in the matter.

I do agree with you about the Freo situation.

IF we get watts i can almost say that he wont play next year

having played against him, and knowing him- he wants to concentrate on school and they want him to play footy still.

he'll do what Xav Ellis did at our school, and what a few have done before

How does pick 14 get a gig ahead of pick 1? :lol:

Because he'll be an onballer with good skills and some pace and grunt as opposed to a tall lanky guy who's a few years away. So leave your smiles off until you make a valid point

Your team is flawed because having Jared Rivers in your starting 22 for round 1 insinuates that he will be fit and injury free, which is impossible.

B Whelan Martin Rivers

HB Petterd Garland Wheatley

C Morton McLean Bruce

HF Green Miller Sylvia

F Maric Robbo Newton

R PJ JMac Davey

INT Jones R.Warnock Moloney Bate

Finally you're an idiot! :lol:

How old are you? No need to get personal, no-one was having a crack at you... a little insecure?

Firstly, Why not trade with Fremantle, so we can use our pick in the pre season draft on someone else

Secondly, Carlton will be extremely interested in Brad Green, and no, they won't take Meeson, as we were the only club silly enough to do this, but don't be suprised if a deal like this is struck, if Carlton believe they are close, and lets face it, they are a team of first round draft picks, they will be looking to make hay whilst the sun shines out of Chris Judd's butt

Secondly, if Prismall wants to play regular football next year above what his current contract provides, (think long and hard before you answer this, I know there's a lot to think about) he will ask to be traded, or will put himself in the preseason draft, and we will take him there.

Please tell me you're not part of our recruiting department.

Let me guess, you were giving high 5s all round when we re-signed Yze at the end of 2006?

Someone else has said it before, I support Melbourne. I support the 22 players who run out on the ground each week. I don't care who they are, or who they aren't as long as they take us to the ultimate glory.

Have some fun, don't take yourself so seriously.

B Whelan Martin Rivers

HB Petterd Garland Wheatley

C Morton McLean Bruce

HF Green Miller Sylvia

F Maric Robbo Newton

R PJ JMac Davey

INT Jones R.Warnock Moloney Bate

Jones out, Valenti in.

Rivers & Moloney both suss because of continued injury.

IF we get watts i can almost say that he wont play next year

having played against him, and knowing him- he wants to concentrate on school and they want him to play footy still.

he'll do what Xav Ellis did at our school, and what a few have done before

This is exactly why getting Watts may not be the right decision for the dees.

I dunno dont we need help, excitement and a face for the club ASAP!

This is why i want NikNat- Could it be possible to play him as a target up forward from day 1 and see how he goes?

SURELY it wouldnt hurt seeing we have no real targets up there anyway!

I dunno?

This is why i want NikNat- Could it be possible to play him as a target up forward from day 1 and see how he goes?

SURELY it wouldnt hurt seeing we have no real targets up there anyway!

I dunno?

Recruiters have suggested that Nat will be a project player, so I don't think he's the quick-fix option.

This is exactly why getting Watts may not be the right decision for the dees.

I dunno dont we need help, excitement and a face for the club ASAP!

I'd hate to think our recruiters were factoring in the marketing potential of prospective draftees.

Grimes will leap frog Perrard and Bartram into our starting 22, we will draft Watts with No1 pick but he will only play a handful of games similar to Maric this year. I don't agree that on of Green and Bruce won't be at our club, I don't think we will get the right trade, I can't see any club giving up a top 25 picj for either and this is the min you would take, maybe through Jeff White in with the deal and a Carlton might bite. R Warnock is more than likely to be a Demon but a lot has to happen to make this work. If we gat Warnock and all players are fit and have a good preseason my 22

Whelan Martin Garland

Grimes Rivers Wheatley

Sylvia Mclean Davey

Green Miller Morton

Aussie Robbo Bate

R Warnock McDonald Buckley

Bruce Maric Jones PJ

Recruiters have suggested that Nat will be a project player, so I don't think he's the quick-fix option.

I'd hate to think our recruiters were factoring in the marketing potential of prospective draftees.

I know he would be a project player but him being ABLE to play from round 1 is more appealing than having to wait a whole one more year to see our number 1 pick in action!

With the physical attributes of NikNat wouldnt it be possible to mould him into a forward rather than a ruckman from day 1?

I heard buddy was initially a ruckman and they turned him to a forward?

Dude! Its a bit of fantasy

Fantasy...that just about sums this thread up.

Like I said put it up against Geelongs side now on GF day and I think we have a mighty good show.

I doubt that. No one will come close on GF day. Except Hawthorn if they play well. They need a bit of X-factor though. Maybe Stewy Dew?

B: Whelan, Martin, Garland

HB: C. Johnson, Rivers, P. Johnson

C: Bruce, Buckley, Moloney

HF: Green, Miller, Sylvia

F: Davey, Watts, Wonameiri

FOLL: Warnock, Mclean, Jones

INT: Frawley, Mcdonald, Jamar, Petterd

You will notice i have 3 ruckman on the field. The reason being i dont see P. Johnson as a ruckman, Hes not tall enough, and doesnt get many taps. Id love to see him using his height to crash packs and defence.

Missing are Bate and Robbo. They need some time in the 2's ;)

Because he'll be an onballer with good skills and some pace and grunt as opposed to a tall lanky guy who's a few years away.

Really, so you're a psychic now? When we are in desperate need of a FF we don't even put our number 1 pick in there for some development?

Didn't everyone say Morton was a few years away? You're a joke.

How old are you? No need to get personal, no-one was having a crack at you... a little insecure?

Firstly, Why not trade with Fremantle, so we can use our pick in the pre season draft on someone else

Secondly, Carlton will be extremely interested in Brad Green, and no, they won't take Meeson, as we were the only club silly enough to do this, but don't be suprised if a deal like this is struck, if Carlton believe they are close, and lets face it, they are a team of first round draft picks, they will be looking to make hay whilst the sun shines out of Chris Judd's butt

Secondly, if Prismall wants to play regular football next year above what his current contract provides, (think long and hard before you answer this, I know there's a lot to think about) he will ask to be traded, or will put himself in the preseason draft, and we will take him there.

Please tell me you're not part of our recruiting department.

Let me guess, you were giving high 5s all round when we re-signed Yze at the end of 2006?

Someone else has said it before, I support Melbourne. I support the 22 players who run out on the ground each week. I don't care who they are, or who they aren't as long as they take us to the ultimate glory.

Have some fun, don't take yourself so seriously.

You seriously think Carlton will give up pick 8 for Green and Meesen?

You seriously think we can get Prismall with our last pick in the ND?

You seriously think we should trade Bell and Carroll for Warnock when we could get him for nothing?

Because that is what your original post said.

Everybody knows that first round picks are more valuable this year than any other. Carlton may be interested in Brad Green, but only at the right price, which I suggest would be a second or third round pick. Either way I think he is too important to trade. We need to retain some experience.

Prismall, if he decides to go, will be hot property. Kangaroos are interested as would be many other clubs. Somehow I don't think our last pick will be enough! Prismall is not in the same category as Gardiner, Playfair and King.

If we don't use our first pick in the PSD on Warnock who else will we get? Cousins will be too expensive (and doesn't fit in with our youth strategy), Kerr is contracted so can't enter the PSD. It is very rare that a player with as much potential as Warnock will be available in the PSD. I couldn't think of anybody better to select.

What makes you think Fremantle would accept Bell and Carroll anyway?