The Walk

Yencks

I didn't do the walk today and i regret my decision

I got to the ground at eleven thirty to make sure i got good seats and at ten to twelve i walked out of the stadium and it looked fantastic....a huge wave of melbourne supporters were coming towards...all of them with flags...there were people playing music, there was the guy on stilts..plus neita, holland, bailey, connolyetc...it looked fantastic...the atmosphere was great

whoever was there, what did you think?

should we do this every year?

Ended up being fantastic. I wasn't at Fed Square for long before the walking started, so I can't comment on what happened there, but the actual walk looked great - a long line of Melbourne faithful.

should we do this every year?

If we get the QB match, and everyone supports it, it could be something to think about. And being a part of it was fantastic, gave me a real connection with other passionate Melbourne supporters.

I could not do it as I am still recovering from a fractured pelvis but I heard Schwatz on SEN and he said it was awesome and for once hearing him comment on sat night and today was one time I heard him talk with his Melbourne hat on and it was great to hear, congrats to all who did the walk.

My three kids and I got there at 9.40am, after parking at the "G" and then walking. Pretty soon summed up that breakfast would take quite a while to dispense without the help of JC. Kids and I hit McDonalds and $20 later got back to lap up the guest speakers. Guy, Robbie and Neita did us proud, the video footage was inspiring and Chris Connolly gave a short but brilliantly positive rev up at around 11.00am. The Yoda seemed cool, calm and collected and stated confidently that the lads were ready (a claim that was bourne out 2 & 1/2 hours later!). The walk was fun... and impressive looking back as we crossed the walkway bridges. Got back to the "G" in time to grab good seats and pump up the footy for half-time. Enjoyed the roll out of walking legends and the guard of honour as the team took the field. Happy with the endeavour of our boys and look forward to the next 150 years!!!

I was worried about the walk. Thought the club might embarass itself. How wrong I was!

Fantastic turn out, giving out the flags was a masterstroke. The sea of flags along Birrarung Marr looked great.

Great day, if it happens next year I'll be there.

Felt extreme pride to be honest. The sight of Robbie Flower smiling on the walk and gladly signing autographs and getting photos was fantastic. Good to see that a lot of kids under 10 yrs old know how important this bloke is to our club. They were awed by being so close up to him as I was I guess! Fantastic sight seeing the sea of Red n Blue. Must have been close to 5000 on the walk. Well done Demon fans for rocking up today and actually outnumbering Collingwood fans for one of the very few times!

I got to Fedration Square at 11:00 with the 2 kids. Despite the drizzle there was plenty to keep us occupied.

And yes, giving out the flags was a brilliant idea (as it was for the Freo game).

When the march started, we were about 75 metres from the front and when going up the bridge turned around and was quite amazed by the sight of all the supporters and flags. The amount of flags waving in the ground was incredible.

Well done MFC and well done to the supporters - was quite a long day wth this and the footy, but well worth the effort.

Cheers,

Moose

The walk was something special.

It's been a while since I've seen something MFC so inspiring. (I didn't make the 150 celebration at Crown.)

It took me back to the days when I spent nights ripping up phone directories to throw in the air when a Demon goal was scored the next day at Arden Street or Glenferrie Oval.

And buy the Sporting Globe post match so fresh the ink would stain your fingers.

Well done to all those who made the effort to walk today.

It renewed my spirit and reminded me of how many supporters there really are.

If you know a fan who isn't a supporter, now's the time to get them paid up and on board.

Guest melbman

The walk was great Nugget Jones

To look over the top of the crowd and see the Red & Blue army stretching out as far as can see in both directions was ace, really ace. Sorry to rub it in

Well done everyone who went! I hope it is a regular thing that we do every QB weekend.

The whole event was perfect....ACTUALLY AWESOME. Great speeches from Rigoni,Flower and The legend Neita. Chris Connolly and Dean Bailey spoke. Plenty of players talking and signing whatever. Demon mascot and big musclely men on stilts. Video highlights and more. Freebies... such as breakkie, bottles of water and flags. The bag pipers and the trumpeter performed. Then the march at 11.30am....OH What a sight....red and blue flags stretched for a very long distance.... a real red and blue buzz. Even the drizzling rain didn't interrupt a thing

AWESOME FEELING AWESOME SIGHT..thanks MFC :wub: :wub:

I was slightly late for the walk (as public transport is horrific in my area) but i got in about 10 minutes after the walk began. It was inspiring to look at all the flags walking over the bridge from the train, and even better to arrive there 10 minutes late and still see that it was thick with Dees supporters the whole way along. Neita and Woewy were walking just in front of me!

I started a thread weeks ago wondering if anyone was going to turn up to this event.

Despite the poor weather forecast, the game being televised and the car racing also being televised - the MFC supporters did ourselves proud! Lets keep it up for the rest of the year. Having got home and seeing the news, it was impressive on all counts.

Lets keep it up for the rest of the year.

Well done everyone.

Moose

The great thing about it was that, when I left I thought I was near the back of the pack.

I looked behind me at one stage to see a stream of seemingly never ending red and blue flags (what a great idea by the club that is - it makes the ground look fantastic when everyone's waving them around).

Really proud of the turn out today.

I was there with my partner Tigers fan and yes she does have teeth lol, had a great day seeing all the past and present players along with a fantastic turn up.

Day ruined by ferals wanting to gloat and start fights, but all in all what a day well done to the organisers and to Moose for starting this post and helping stir some passion

GO DEES

OH What a sight....red and blue flags stretched for a very long distance.... a real red and blue buzz.

Yeah, that was a nice touch. Looking towards the 'G from Fed Square, it was a mass of red and blue snaking its way down the path.

I didn't do the walk today and i regret my decision

I got to the ground at eleven thirty to make sure i got good seats

I thought the gates opened at ~12. It's only a short walk from Fed Square to the 'G.