• Latest Podcast: Fremantle

Unleash Hell

Are we ready? Rory Sloane

On 26/01/2018 at 3:25 AM, rjay said:

I think we are past going for the big fish...

We have our own homegrown to look after now. Clubs will be knocking on Oliver's door, Petracca and others, lets keep this list together as long as it takes to get the elusive flag.

To me a player like Sloane would end up around our 3rd or 4th mid behind Oliver & Patracca and on par with Viney but we would be paying him number 1 mid money. Not a wise spend...

Look at needs and spend wisely...Hibberd is an example. Although not a free agent he fitted a real need to have quality run and disposal from defence.

Gaff maybe the one to look at but that depends on money and how some of our younger players co

Whether we're past going for a big fish depends on how well we do this year. Tyson, Brayshaw, Salem etc. Plenty of players could be on the chopping block to make cap space for our homegrown & a big fish if available, if we are still around the 7-10 mark and have a weak final (if we make finals) - Optimistic we'll exceed 7th and will not need to chase Sloane. Luke Dalhouse is a free agent this year, perhaps we'll be more in need of the cream on top of the cake type player.

Edited by Doodle Dee

We passed on Rory in the draft after telling him he wasn our radar.Apparently he wasn't pleased at the time.

Dont see us going for him and we also have several of our own we need to keep. 

Lynch would be great but it won't happen. 

I think we will concentrate on keeping our better young players and add through the draft and maybe a smart trade like with Hibberd. 

45 minutes ago, Redleg said:

We passed on Rory in the draft after telling him he wasn was on our radar.Apparently he wasn't pleased at the time.

I think we will concentrate on keeping our better young players and add through the draft and maybe a smart trade like with Hibberd. 

fixed

7 hours ago, Franky_31 said:

fixed

Thanks. 

14 hours ago, Redleg said:

We passed on Rory in the draft after telling him he wasn our radar.Apparently he wasn't pleased at the time.

We picked jetta's cousin in stead, it was topical Brendan recruiting  picking speed over substance and work ethic

15 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

We picked jetta's cousin in stead, it was topical Brendan recruiting  picking speed over substance and work ethic

We took Bennell earlier and Jetta later.

20 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

4 hours ago, ickey_11 said:

We took Bennell earlier and Jetta later.

Yes true but Sloan was pick up after bennell and before jetta, so what's your point?

3 hours ago, don't make me angry said:

Yes true but Sloan was pick up after bennell and before jetta, so what's your point?

Ummm what?

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ummm what?

Yes I said we picked Jamie instead of Sloane, he said we picked up Jamie before jetta, but that has nothing to do with picking jetta because Sloane was picked up by the crows before jetta 

That 2008 draft was a disaster for us.

Sloane was a lock at pick 35, and then at the last minute we picked Bennell instead.

Shuey was apparently (almost) a lock at pick 17, and then at the last minute we picked Blease instead.

Pick 19 on James Strauss - well, this was just bizarre given that 10 or so of the next dozen or so picks were seen to be well ahead of him and virtually all of them turned out to be very good players.

That draft really hindered our progress at a critical time for the club.

Lucky we have Jason Taylor and Todd Viney these days.

• Sad 2