• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Trade week finished

shimmo

Mildly disappointed that we did not push for Jude Bolton any further.

However we should learn anything else in the next 5-10 minutes.

We might get Bolton in the PSD for nothing

2 very good deals by us!

trade 1: Meesen for pick 37...massive steal. pick 8 and only 20 years old. could be a replacement for white. if he comes on as expected, will be the steal of the trade period.

trade 2: johnstone for pick 14...big win...

if people look at trade week, the only players who fetched a round 1 pick were Judd (best player in the afl), Wood (20 year old extremely highly rated ruckman always have high currency) and Johnstone (a 28 year old pretty inconsistent midfielder)!!!

people who thought a 28 yr old could get a top 10 pick, dont understand the currency top10 picks have in trade week.

pick 14 is a strong first rounder, and for a 28yr old, is very well done.

we now have picks 4,14 and 21!!! great stuff.

johnstone may play well for brisbane, but in 2 seasons, when pick 14 turns out to be a 20yr old guy like Dunn,Bate or Jones and johnstone is close to retirement, we will be laughing!

Of the names offered up for trade that recieved no takers:

K Bradley, R Dyson, M Johnson (Essendon), M Williams (Hawthorn), D White (Port Adelaide), D Meyer, J Schulz (Richmond), J Bolton (Sydney)

Will be interesting to see who of the list doesn't re-sign or gets delisted and enters the PSD.

I reckon we will get a good one

pooh...

weak.. its obvious to me now that the whole lets trade tj coz we want early piks is false.. they traded him coz they didnt like his off field stuff....

thats clear as water

should have offloaded others before tj anyway for early piks

green, bruce, miller....

long yr next year and trust me it hurts me to say it

Of the names offered up for trade that recieved no takers:

K Bradley, R Dyson, M Johnson (Essendon), M Williams (Hawthorn), D White (Port Adelaide), D Meyer, J Schulz (Richmond), J Bolton (Sydney)

Will be interesting to see who of the list doesn't re-sign or gets delisted and enters the PSD.

White has a year left on his contract as does Schulz I believe. Dyson signed a one year deal with the Dons. Looks like the boundaries are shifting a little and the emphasis is on trading blokes still in contract rather than have them walk for nothing.

Do the maths:

We set out to get a strong set of draft picks, in what is widley regarded as a shallow draft. (25 deep they say)

We have 4, 14 and 21.

Any and every club would like to be in our position.

I reckon we will get a good one

More delistings to come as clubs sort out their lists. Pick 3 in PSD should allow us to snag someone who can get a kick. Saints should have to drop a few as they picked up several trading.

pooh...

weak.. its obvious to me now that the whole lets trade tj coz we want early piks is false.. they traded him coz they didnt like his off field stuff....

thats clear as water

should have offloaded others before tj anyway for early piks

green, bruce, miller....

long yr next year and trust me it hurts me to say it

Obviously, the off-field issues came into it. He was on the [censored] regularly, and the club got tired of it. Pick 14 is as good as we were going to get.

Again, i'll reiterate: those who think that TJ was the difference between us and a surge up the ladder are deluding themselves.

We have a good, young list that I expect, not hope, will rise up the ladder in 2008.

Barring injuries, we're a top 6 side.

To be honest, we really won't know the answer to this question for another 2-3 years. By that stage we'll know whether pick 14 and Meesen are good players.

On paper, getting pick 14 for Johnstone was a good result in comparison to other trades.

To be honest, we really won't know the answer to this question for another 2-3 years. By that stage we'll know whether pick 14 and Meesen are good players.

On paper, getting pick 14 for Johnstone was a good result in comparison to other trades.

i can picture it is 2 years time...

johnstone is 30 and nearing the end of his career. still plays the odd scorcher but certainly not an elite afl player. at 30 injuries start to catch up on him...

pick 14 we pick up a quality youngsters (1 of Henderson, Grant, Rance, Rioli are bound to slip to 14)...at 20 years old the draftee is starting to consolidate a starting 18 spot, and is looking forward to the next 10 years playing for the demons!

as long as we pick up a good kid- like Jones,Dunn and Bate who were drafted at similar positions- and dont pick up a dud- Nick Smith- then we are huge winners in this trade.

DB will not be expecting to win a premiership in 2008 but building a solid foundation for one over the next 3 years. Picks 4, 14 and 21 allow MFC to add to the young guns we have now. Agree will be 2 -3 years before will know if worth trading TJ. Another factor will be how well MFC trades next year to continue building up for 2009/2010 tilt.

That will also be post Neita, Yze and Robbo & probably Junior too.

Those who are disappointed others werent traded befor TJ need to take note that others on the 2007 who DB may want to move on have no currency. Miller & Chopper NO interest at all!! This is not MFC specific!! Both King and Gardner to Saints for pick 90!! This year a number of players up for trade seriously who didnt attract a sniff like Bolton!!

Overall the new Footy heads (DB & CC) continue to head in the right direction.

Compared to the King + Gardiner for pick 90, it's an absolute dream.

Saints did well this trade week, they know that their window, whilst still open rather wide, is starting to close. And have recruited to help get instant success.

Melbourne on the other hand, realise that our time is not now, but hopefully in another 2-3 years with all our young players coming to fruition. At the start of the week, we wanted another first round draft pick and we got it.

To me it's no surprise TJ got traded, as one of the questions during the coaching interview process was "would you trade Trapper?"

Pick 4,14,21 and pick 3 in the PSD. I'm happy.

Lets go get some great youth!!!

I am interested to know what all you demons out there think of how we have gone in the trade this week.

I here this Meeson guy is 201 cm and was one of the fittest blokes running round for the crows last year. Came third in their pre-season trials or something like that. So we know the boy can run, we know the boy has some height to him, but does he have any skills? Its all well and good if he can run out the game, but can he be effective when he gets the ball? Also, what do you think should happen to Jamar and Johnson. Both have showed some potential in our positions but really couldnt hold there own in a key position. If Meeson starts to do well, will we have 2 listed ruckman playing Sandy.... Now that seems a bit pointless. Jeff White is one of the best ruckman running around and if this Meeson bloke can be one of the best backup ruckman running round, we could be giving our midfielders first use of the ball against anyone, even when White needs a rest... Thats something to be excited about.

I was sadden to hear all of the Travis experience to unfold this week. I have loved watching him occasionally turn a game on its head over the last 10 years, but as hard as it is to say, its time for him to move on. I think he will be an absolute danger under Leigh Mathiews next year, that coach is known for getting inside his players heads and getting them right. Also, we all know Travis loves a beer and loves to hit up the town, so maybe if he gets away from the scene down in Melbourne he will finally fully concentrate on the game that we all know he can play. No one has ever doubted Travis's ability, but we all knew his work effort was to be questioned. With Leigh and the Lions he could be playing his best football ever, next year. I hope all you demons get behind him and wish him luck for the rest of his career.

But what the [censored] do we get from him? Pick 14. Fair enough first round. But this guy is at least worth their pick 8. He will be in there top 5 players next year, id put my house on it.

So demons, let me know what you think? I'm very interested to hear the voice down at demonland.