Adem Yze

Ausyid

What's the opinion on him round here?

I for one find it interesting he didn't retire.

He's past it IMO and not in our best 22 when all are fit.

Fair go. This was his first year of injury for yonks. Let's see how he goes when he comes back fully fit next year.

After his stint with Sandy, he came back and picked up a career high disposals and kicked on of the best goals I had ever seen.

Despite his former consistency vanishing, his skill and talent and ability are all still there. IMO he will line up Round 1 2008 and expect him to only miss a few games throughout the year.

i think next year will be his last.

he didnt retire because he has one more year left on his contract, and he would be studpid to pass up 400K because he might have to where stripes for most of the year.

i am happy for him to prove me wrong, and if we have a successful year i think he will prove me wrong. he is a front runner, and if the rest of the team lifts he is bound to look great. his supporters will be calling for the heads of those who have criticised him claiming they knew all along. but if we struggle like this year he will play out the year for sandy, because he cant lift.

A front runner and the softest player we have by the length of the Hume Hwy.

If we start well and get our midfield going, no doubt he can cap things off with 2 or 3 goals. Of little value though against the harder teams and am sure he would never be there next year but for the people who signed him up that extra year.

Not every player has to be a hard nut, you need outside midfielders, and players to spark the team with a moment of magic by doing the impossible. Yze is one of these players, next year he will be a very good player for us. His skills where something we sorely missed this year.

Very lucky to still be on a list imo

very succintly put !! B)

Not every player has to be a hard nut

True, but you need to go when it's your turn, you need to be able to keep low when you have to rather than dinky kicks to avoid body contact, or one arm attempts instead of two because you're more interested in self preservation.

He's got softer as he's got older. Not best 22 for me. Tonnes of ability, but no work ethic.

It will be his last year.

If Yze hears the slightest footstep he kicks the ball off the ground or throws it on the boot any which ways.

It drives me nuts, particularly when he has time and space to deliver the footy.

If he tries this on under Bailey, I would expect him to be the most expensive Sandy player running around (looking over his shoulder).

I think alot of people are looking at one extreme, his not as timid and soft as everyone is making out that he is, in the last two years i have seen him lay tackles and be tackled. Sure he doesn't charge into heavy traffic or get 4 tackles a game and plays mainly as a reciever, but he does things that few players can like turing a game on his own boot.

Yze has been carrying injuries for the past few season, and this year they finally caught up with him. If Yze is fit and fighting, he will start turning heads once again. A player with his talents are not easily found. He will be dominant again for this footy club, and you won't want to miss a moment of it.

A front runner and the softest player we have by the length of the Hume Hwy.

If we start well and get our midfield going, no doubt he can cap things off with 2 or 3 goals. Of little value though against the harder teams and am sure he would never be there next year but for the people who signed him up that extra year.

Will be gone by this time next year, retired as no one will pick him up.

I think Yze will have an ordinary year but i am for Bailey giving him one last go. He played well forward in 06 and although he will struggle to find a position here, he deserves to try. I cant see him lining up forward when there are names like: Green, Dunn, Bate, Sylvia, Neitz, Newton, Davey, Robbo sitting there. Its the only position left as he is now too slow.

IMO most people have underestimated Yze during his career.

Soft? yeah, but so is Green. (And don't mention the 3 occasions in ran back with flight this year, they only stick in the memory because he never shows any courage)

Frontrunner? yeah, but so is Melbourne.

His days, how many he has left will be as a FWD Pocket. Criticise him all you like, he is one of the few players that can get 12 touches in that position and kick 5 goals.

Could be very valuable.

IMO most people have underestimated Yze during his career.

Soft? yeah, but so is Green. (And don't mention the 3 occasions in ran back with flight this year, they only stick in the memory because he never shows any courage)

Frontrunner? yeah, but so is Melbourne.

His days, how many he has left will be as a FWD Pocket. Criticise him all you like, he is one of the few players that can get 12 touches in that position and kick 5 goals.

Could be very valuable.

2 Years in the tank - Permanent Goals sneak role.

Destroyed The Pies in 05 & 06 Queens B'Day in this role.

Hopefully Bails is the tonic Yze needs to reignite his career.

The only way he'll get consistent game time next season, is if Davey spends even more time in the midfield (an idea I hate).

We have an issue with crumbers and putting pressure on the opposition's defenders when the ball hits the deck. Sadly, because Yze hates chasing and rarely tackles, he does not satisfy our needs. He can however kick goals out of his arse when the ball lands in his lap.

2008 will be his last year without a doubt.

The only way he'll get consistent game time next season, is if Davey spends even more time in the midfield (an idea I hate).

We have an issue with crumbers and putting pressure on the opposition's defenders when the ball hits the deck. Sadly, because Yze hates chasing and rarely tackles, he does not satisfy our needs. He can however kick goals out of his arse when the ball lands in his lap.

2008 will be his last year without a doubt.

I look forward to Adem proving you and all other doubters wrond in season 2008.

In fact 2008 will be year where the MFC proves alot of people wrong.

I look forward to Adem proving you and all other doubters wrond in season 2008.

In fact 2008 will be year where the MFC proves alot of people wrong.

No one has doubted his talent, but when judging football I trust my eyes. Let's hope he has a good year.

He has to look his teammates in the eyes.

No one has doubted his talent, but when judging football I trust my eyes. Let's hope he has a good year.

He has to look his teammates in the eyes.

It's almost guranteed that at some stage next year, Yze fans will be posting ", Yze's a star, Look how wrong u guys are".

And at some other stage next year, 'Lost the faith in Yze' fans will post. "Look how right we are"

I'm however gonna give him a go as with a new coach comes a new start.

Everyone's gotta earn their spot in the 22 (unlike previous years)

and if DB deems Yze's done the yards, give him a go.