THE RUMOUR FILE

issarab

If Carlton are really struggling for a good deal to offer West Coast then Melbourne should offer pick 4 for Murphy.

must admit this has a nice ring of devillishness about it !!!

translates into...lets screw the bastards !!!

Me thinks its no so 'easy peasy' over at Geckoland !! :)

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy we all seem to get a little more touchy at this time of year......

I guess that is why it is called the silly season ;) !!!

If Carlton are really struggling for a good deal to offer West Coast then Melbourne should offer pick 4 for Murphy.

thankyou thats what i was thinking. who the hell would want fevola at this stage? murphy is better than a draft pick cos he is already fairly developed. id be happy to give pick 4 and a ferg/miller/jamar etc aswell

There is no way they'd take pick four for a future superstar like Murphy. The kid is worth pick 1-3 + a second rounder in this draft.

But gee wouldn't it be nice to get him...

There is no way they'd take pick four for a future superstar like Murphy. The kid is worth pick 1-3 + a second rounder in this draft.

But gee wouldn't it be nice to get him...

I hate Carlton and the way they do business and I always have. They are just a bunch of greedy pricks. They have pick 1, Gibbs, Murphy, and Fevola all apparently are untouchable for the best player in the comp.... WTF!. I don't think there should be any onus on a club having to dismantle its list to obtain his services, but they could cough up Picks 1 & 3 and probably have the deal signed sealed and delivered within the first five minutes of the trade period. Instead they're going to try and jerk the Eagles around and basically have their cake and eat it too. It's quite simple really who do they rate higher Kreuzer or Judd? If I was the Eagles I'd cut a deal with Richmond, take their first two picks and Coughlan for Mitch Morton and send Judd to the PSD. It'd also force Judd to lay the contract on the table so it's fully transparent rather than any shonky back room deals organised by Pratt et al.

We won't get Murphy. West Coast would take Murphy and Pick 3 if forced into a corner ahead of picks 3 and 4.

I hate Carlton and the way they do business and I always have.

And just to show how devious and Machieavellian the Blues can be, this is the scheme they appear to be devising in order to prise the so called best footballer in the land away from the Eagles at a discount rather than negotiate honestly and give value to get value -

BLUES TO LOCK OUT EAGLES FOR JUDD

Would they do it?

Would the Tigers be a party to this sort of behaviour?

Would Judd who a month ago was considered to be a person of the highest integrity endorse this sort of a scheme?

Time will tell.

And just to show how devious and Machieavellian the Blues can be, this is the scheme they appear to be devising in order to prise the so called best footballer in the land away from the Eagles at a discount rather than negotiate honestly and give value to get value -

Would they do it?

Would Judd who a month ago was considered to be a person of the highest integrity endorse this sort of a scheme?

Time will tell.

You'd have to think that Richmond would absolutely be part of that deal, and potentially West Coast will get nothing for Morton as well... oh well Karma's a [censored].

There's lots of risks involved here for both Carlton and Judd, both would be despised, but in the harsh cold realism of footy business it would deliver.

Still I've always had faith in the belief that "What goes around, comes around." We're well out of it, so let's see them rip each other apart.

ah yes... the kharma faeries will be paying attention to all this !! :)

Why is anyone particularly surprised by this sort of thing; I'm not. It is rather ingenious if distasteful. Welcome to footy 2007 I guess. though it could be used it seems to me as more of a leveredging move to force WCE to accept teh lesser of the deals on table from carlton... It's either "this" or nothing !! and to be honest it will probably work.

I wonder how anybody would view this tactic if it was US playing very very hard ball. We might applaud such a brazen stance or at least probably adopt a different view ..lol

Cant blame Richmond they're simply tasting the chance of something for nothing.

I'l pull up a chair also. Lets see what transpires !! hehe

Would they do it?

Time will tell.

Jesus they are slimey gits aren't they! Considering Judd stated he wants WC to get value for the loss of him, i wonder whether he'll have any input on this deal?

Jesus they are slimey gits aren't they! Considering Judd stated he wants WC to get value for the loss of him, i wonder whether he'll have any input on this deal?

Absolutely agree Pates. If Judd allowed this to be done he'd be the greatest [censored] of all time. I never believed the "nice boy" spin on Judd. I never thought he'd place on dot of weight on the fact he supported us as a kid when deciding where to go. He's making a commercial decision about money, future and working conditions and that's fair enough. But I didn't actually think that he'd be party to screwing WC.

Would become my most hated player and Carlton my most hated club.

I like it. If you think the Eagles wouldn't do the same if roles were reversed you are kidding yourself. They are as ruthless as anyone else.

Carlton have put forward a trade they believe is fair and reasonable and they have said all along no.1 is not on the table. It doesn't appear they have closed the door on further negotiations with the Eagles just where it involves the first pick.

If WCE are smart and picks 3, 20 and kennedy is not enough for Judd they should play it smart and start making alternative suggestions like obtaining another second round pick or similar or another player/s.

One would assume they would need to sign some sort of legally binding document in advance of the PSD to ensure that doesn't happen. Plus, thats how wars start.

They won't sign a legally binding document as there will then be proof, they tampered with the system. The AFL will come down on the 2 clubs like no tomorrow. If Carlton want to play sleazy, they'll have to settle for a gentlemen's handshake and hope to god Richmond don't shaft them.

Richmond will though. They'll make room for Judd in the salary cap.

To be honest i think Richmond are playing funny buggers when stating their close to the cap. (Where's the money going?). They'll hope Carlton gets cocky and try to screw Weagles by slapping a 2 million tag on Judd in preseason and Richmond will swoop. Pick 2 and Judd. Win-win.

what is it they say....

all's fair in love and war !!!! lol

this is going to be entertaining !! :)

Under this scheme couldn't the Tigers pretend to go along with it until thye PSD and then shaft the Blues by picking Judd anyway?

That would be gold! :lol:

I hope Richmond does that. They deserve Judd more than Carlton do, and Judd deserves to suffer at Punt Road.

Under this scheme couldn't the Tigers pretend to go along with it until thye PSD and then shaft the Blues by picking Judd anyway?

They could if they didn't mind the fact that nobody would deal with them again for the next 10 years at least. And there'd probably be some kind of binding agreement (unless Carlton are complete idiots), so there'd be legal ramifications.

It'd be worth it though IMO. :D

I honestly believed that this was a viable ploy for Carlton a few days ago. But after hearing Greg Miller speak, I'm starting to believe the Toiges are genuinely interested in picking up Judd if a deal isn't done. I'm not convinced yet that Richmond will be ready to just let the opportunity for Judd pass them by. After all, what would you rather; pick 3 in the national draft (which you have to trade for), or the best player in the game.

A few weeks ago I would've just about given my right hand to snare Judd. With the situation unfolding as it has, I would just about give it to see that [censored] go to Richmond, and those smarmy bastards at Carlton wind up with zilch.

They could if they didn't mind the fact that nobody would deal with them again for the next 10 years at least. And there'd probably be some kind of binding agreement (unless Carlton are complete idiots), so there'd be legal ramifications.

It'd be worth it though IMO. :D

I'm not clear on this so if u could clear it up, that'll be great.

If there's a binding agreement, it'll be something along the lines of 'Richmond must overlook Judd in the PSD.

If that's written down, surely that's tampering.