Melbourne v Collingwood

Brock 08

if there offering fev, as well eagles wont take that for sure,

If they trade Fevola, just how is Chris Judd ever meant to win a flag with Carlton?

Judd is not stupid, he wants a good team around him so that he can win another flag... or three.

Without Fevola, Carlton won't even make the finals in the next 3-4 years, let alone win a flag.

And as far as I know, they are not trading pick 1.

If the rumours are true, they are willing to offer West Coast pick 3 + Pick 20 + Josh Kennedy, which is like us giving them Pick 4 + Pick 21 + Chris Lamb.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Judd did choose Collingwood I wonder what West Coast would ask for?

Obivously you'd go for Thomas or Pendelbury, knowing they won't give either up.

Nathan Brown (drafted last year) is the brother of Mitch (I think) on the WC list, they could get him, as he was a top 8 pick last year IIRC.

Collingwood would still need to acquire a top pick via trade.

I just can't see how they could satisfy West Coast.

They also still have Buckley (hard to see him playing more than a handful of games in 08), Burns and a very slow O'Bree. I think Rocca, Wakelin and Presti are just about done as well. They have a lot of exciting youngsters coming up - personally I think it will be the same old same old with Collingwood... they won't get the deal done because all they'll offer is Didak and their first pick.

They had a meeting with the footy department to discuss it, but the outcome is not known, Ratten has also said he won't trade Fevola. How negotiable the Blues are is anyone's guess. Footy departments aside, I'm staggered at the supporters of other clubs refusal to trade their first pick and player X for Chris Judd -especially if the medical prognosis is to be believed. None of the four clubs has a player that could hold a candle to Judd in terms of ability, but listen to fans of the other three and half their bloody list is untouchable - for the best player in the league who is only 24.

If they trade Fevola, just how is Chris Judd ever meant to win a flag with Carlton?

Judd is not stupid, he wants a good team around him so that he can win another flag... or three.

Without Fevola, Carlton won't even make the finals in the next 3-4 years, let alone win a flag.

If the rumours are true, they are willing to offer West Coast pick 3 + Pick 20 + Josh Kennedy, which is like us giving them Pick 4 + Pick 21 + Chris Lamb.

can u trade sandy players :lol:

:lol: Oh so true.

Carlton fans are in for a rude shock if they think that happy meal will get the job done. What a joke. I wouldn't rule out Carlton bending on the number 1 pick though if Judd nominates them as one of his preferences. Surely Melbourne and Collingwood will be his two choices, which would leave us in very handy stead.

:lol: Oh so true.

Carlton fans are in for a rude shock if they think that happy meal will get the job done. What a joke. I wouldn't rule out Carlton bending on the number 1 pick though if Judd nominates them as one of his preferences. Surely Melbourne and Collingwood will be his two choices, which would leave us in very handy stead.

I don't want to get my hopes up... Judd in the red and blue and Collingwood fans whining.... please, please, please.

Over on BF or the sewrage pond as it would be better described the ferals are already talking about circumventing any process by getting Ed to use in omnipetence to declare free agency. God I hope Juddy comes to us!

It's interesting listening to collingwood supporters not wanting to trade away some of their young talent for Judd. I wonder if the question was put to them, would you trade away some of your young talent to have Nathan Buckley be 24 again, and have another 10 years of service, if their response would still be the same.

If his family live in Sandringham, then you would assume that he would set up residence towards that part of town, making us and Collingwood the easiest commute for him to get to training etc!

I'm looking at all angles here !!!!!!! :lol:

Absolute garbage. From what i've seen, Josh Kennedy is a far better prospect than Newton, who everyone here is getting excited about.

Actually, Juice averages more goals, more marks and more disposals than Kennedy (and has only played 10 games, to Kennedy's 22) :rolleyes:

Even Miller averages more disposals and more tackles, and is only 0.1 less in average goals. :D

Yer I saw that as well. Still sick of these hacks putting in that 'Judd prefers Collingwood'. They haven't got a clue.

But in spite of what Nisbett says, I don't believe it's his doubting Collingwood's ability to come up with a trade. They could pull some strings and find something, just like anybody else. WC are extremely reluctant to do business with Collingwood. In fact I think they'll almost flat out refuse, the way this is going. Collingwood are wasting their time. Even if Judd did want to go there (which I sincerely doubt), WC will not do business with Collingwood.

Especially after knocking them out of the finals at their home ground, just think how much that alone cost the club. I think West Coast will want early first round pick to pick up a local talent. Collingwood won't trade a younger quality player. When you look at it closer Collingwoods list aint that great for the future Buckley 36 y.o next year, Burns 34, Clement 32, Rocca 31, Wakelin 34. These players are there center spine, take away these players and you are missing alot of experience and quality, players that are key match ups. If Judd believes they have a better list than us i think he is a dill. If we had our best side on the park we would [censored] them, considering our injuries, when we played them this year we were evenly matched while playing players which were not match fit. With a new coach and staff and our upcoming talent I see us as the better choice. I just hope he can see this with his own eyes

Now I'm really confident. Mate, you come out with a thousand Melbourne trades a year that never come off. Now you're telling us a trade won't happen. I think we've just moved to odds on favourite for Judd!

BTW I love your trade predictions each year - they certainly add a little flavour.

Really? I didn't realise I made so many trade predictions haha I'm serious...

Very interesting - i have heard from a relative that his preference is US! I am sure that every one of his relatives can tell us a different story so that is why I wasn't going to post anything. I was told this on Friday so maybe things have changed over the weekend.... who knows????

Very interesting - i have heard from a relative that his preference is US! I am sure that every one of his relatives can tell us a different story so that is why I wasn't going to post anything. I was told this on Friday so maybe things have changed over the weekend.... who knows????

Heard tonight, but hopefully his relatives have no idea!!!

Chris Judd's preference is Collingwood. :( From a relative of the man.

You can take this info. or leave it, I hope they are wrong or the deal doesn't work.

Apparently that relative missed the end of the sentence which in the best comedic tradition finished with.....NOT!!! ;)

Chris Judd's preference is Collingwood. :( From a relative of the man.

You can take this info. or leave it, I hope they are wrong or the deal doesn't work.

Geddy, there's no doubt that Collingwood were his initial preference. I too believe this to be so.

Much depends on when these relatives were informed. I think we've closed the gap.

I doubt Judd would be bandying around his preference to relatives with such loose tongues.

Maybe he just wasn't aware his relatives had such loose tongues ;):P !!!

This is a little off topic, but this gag made me laugh when I read it:

A primary teacher starts a new job at a school in Collingwood and trying to make a good impression on her first day, explains to her class that she is a Collingwood fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they, too, are Collingwood fans.

Everyone in the class raises their hand except one little girl. The teacher looks at the girl with surprise and says:

"Mary, why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I'm not a Collingwood fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked:

"Well, if you're not a Collingwood fan, then who are you a fan of?"

"I'm a Melbourne fan and proud of it," Mary replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears.

"Mary, why are you a Melbourne fan?"

"My mum is a Melbourne fan and my dad is a Melbourne fan, and so I'm a Melbourne fan too!"

"Well," said the teacher, in an obviously annoyed tone, "that's no reason for you to be a Melbourne fan. You don't have to be just like your parents all of the time. What if your mum was a prostitute, your dad was a drug addict, and your brother was a car thief, what would you be then?"

"Then," Mary said, "I'd be a Collingwood fan." :lol: