Christian Petracca

Trac has a contract full stop, if Trac wants to go I hope the club makes a stand and says bad luck you are honouring the contract, Trac should also swallow some concrete and harden up things happen in life that don't go your way it's how you deal with it, also sometimes people think they are more important than they are, maybe that's the case here.

Whatever is going on it needs to be cleaned up before the end of the year.

The only way a good club loses out of this is to play Christian or his agents game. We should be doing everything we can to become a better team and club out of this scenario and if that means we could trade him to West Coast for Reid as an example we should explore it. If the options don’t make us better then just refuse the trade request and address the internal issues in house. 

The club needs to get on the front foot with player managers and the media to shape the narrative. Part of that could be that we are willing to put our pick 5 and future first on the table if the right deal were able to be struck for a player or players that can replace Trac and other holes on our list. That could then open discussions regarding any potential deals for Petracca. 

If Petracca was to leave he’d leave a massive hole in our salary cap along with retirements and de-listings which could go close to $2.5m a year or more of cap space if you include Brayshaws contract and Ben Brown etc. That gives us plenty of cash as well as picks to chase someone like Reid if we are able to get that deal done. All hypotheticals of course but we can’t be victims in this process and stand still and beg Petracca to stay, we have to get on the front foot.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

PUKE FOOTBALL

In the early 2000s in Ireland the tough Ulster teams of Tyrone, Derry and Donegal adopted a type of ultra defensive Gaelic Football where they held possession and hand passed excessively. 

Kicking was almost a last resort and games were notorious for being really low scoring.  It was a rigorous system based on grinding out games and was very taxing to play and horrible to watch.  

It relied on aggressive contest and defensive pressure to choke individual players and give no time or space to run. 

Whenever they lost possession the whole team (sometimes excepting one full forward) rushed back to their defensive half and blocked up all the space.  It forced the opposition to rush kicks from distance and awkward angles.  

TV Commentator and record seven time former Kerry champion described it as follows: 

"It was like kids playing in an overcrowded school yard. This is not the game that I love to play and be involved in, this negative, defensive orientated, stop-start, cynical gamesmanship and kicking being the last option. I fear for the future of Gaelic football if this is the way that its going to evolve and remember there’s no rule changes for the next couple of years.

This sort of football that I saw today will not fill Croke Park.  This game left a sour taste in my mouth and it’s not a case of sour grapes because the better team won today but I’ll tell you to describe today’s football, do you know what I’d describe it as…I’d call it puke football"

As he predicted the systems got worked out after a couple of years.  The teams who persisted with this negative style fell back into the doldrums. 

The years since were mostly dominated by teams adopting fast running, free flowing football attacking in waves with support runners to punch through contests with quick skilful passing. 

When it slowed down they relied on really accurate field kicking from distance to keep the scores accumulating.  That was enough to defeat the low scoring defensive first teams.  

https://www.facebook.com/TheSundayGame/videos/pat-spillanes-famous-puke-football-comment-after-tyrones-defeat-of-kerry-in-the-/729250331524601/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So basically this is Darcy moores fault. If trac didn't have this injury then I doubt he'd be rethinking things.

Remember he was in tears a few years ago when he said this is for the Melbourne fans who were to embarrassed to wear the jumper. Well now you're running. 

Hope he doesn't end up at the filth. Why would he want to play along side the guy that has caused him this trauma

• Like 1
  • Clap 2

Just now, dees189227 said:

So basically this is Darcy moores fault. If trac didn't have this injury then I doubt he'd be rethinking things.

Remember he was in tears a few years ago when he said this is for the Melbourne fans who were to embarrassed to wear the jumper. Well now you're running. 

Hope he doesn't end up at the filth. Why would he want to play along side the guy that has caused him this trauma

maybe it wasn't Darcy that caused the damage but Isaac Heeney jumping over him in the Colgate ad?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hellfire Dub said:

PUKE FOOTBALL

In the early 2000s in Ireland the tough Ulster teams of Tyrone, Derry and Donegal adopted a type of ultra defensive Gaelic Football where they held possession and hand passed excessively. 

Kicking was almost a last resort and games were notorious for being really low scoring.  It was a rigorous system based on grinding out games and was very taxing to play and horrible to watch.  

It relied on aggressive contest and defensive pressure to choke individual players and give no time or space to run. 

Whenever they lost possession the whole team (sometimes excepting one full forward) rushed back to their defensive half and blocked up all the space.  It forced the opposition to rush kicks from distance and awkward angles.  

TV Commentator and record seven time former Kerry champion described it as follows: 

"It was like kids playing in an overcrowded school yard. This is not the game that I love to play and be involved in, this negative, defensive orientated, stop-start, cynical gamesmanship and kicking being the last option. I fear for the future of Gaelic football if this is the way that its going to evolve and remember there’s no rule changes for the next couple of years.

This sort of football that I saw today will not fill Croke Park.  This game left a sour taste in my mouth and it’s not a case of sour grapes because the better team won today but I’ll tell you to describe today’s football, do you know what I’d describe it as…I’d call it puke football"

As he predicted the systems got worked out after a couple of years.  The teams who persisted with this negative style fell back into the doldrums. 

The years since were mostly dominated by teams adopting fast running, free flowing football attacking in waves with support runners to punch through contests with quick skilful passing. 

When it slowed down they relied on really accurate field kicking from distance to keep the scores accumulating.  That was enough to defeat the low scoring defensive first teams.  

https://www.facebook.com/TheSundayGame/videos/pat-spillanes-famous-puke-football-comment-after-tyrones-defeat-of-kerry-in-the-/729250331524601/

This is incredibly random.

• Haha 1

The way fans are carrying on that this is all on our club is absolutely insane.

Do you think Bont has never had issues at the Dogs? You think Dusty always loved Richmond? You reckon Cripps loved not playing finals all these years?

Every club has players who are unhappy at one time or another, including BIG star players.
I don't remember Neale coming out and trashing Brisbane because he wanted to go home. 

I have never seen a single one of them throw a match at their club in a public domain and watch the place burn. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Oh, this has become a messy situation now ...

I don't think the List Management at Parc de Princes had Tracc to Carlton on their potential incoming whiteboard list but looks like the Blues are being sucked into this saga now. Probably the only 'Big Melbourne' club that could make such a trade work right now.

Not really seeing Carlton entertaining any trades involving Curnow, McKay, Cripps, Walsh, Weitering or Tom De Koning. This is seen as the spine of Carlton's 3 decade long drought breaking Premiership winning team in the next few years.

Cerra for Tracc, they both get to keep their Number 5 😁 ...

Oh and the Blues throw in a first round draft pick too ... 

Pittonet could be a back up ruck to Gawn as well ... 

Other trade possibility combinations could be one of Kennedy/Hewitt, Owies, Martin, a future 1st etc ...

As DL's resident Bagger, I am more concerned with who will be available to play Brisbane in 11 days time.

• Haha 1
  • Vomit 2

Hello @Demonland, I made a post earlier about the change in Petracca's management setup which was either not approved or deleted. I won't go into it again now in case I said something wrong, but just wondering if there's a way you can clarify what shouldn't be addressed? I didn't think it was anything against the rules, just a factual statement from reporting by Sam Edmund, but I understand there may be things you don't wish to be posted.

6 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

The only way a good club loses out of this is to play Christian or his agents game. We should be doing everything we can to become a better team and club out of this scenario and if that means we could trade him to West Coast for Reid as an example we should explore it. If the options don’t make us better then just refuse the trade request and address the internal issues in house. 

The club needs to get on the front foot with player managers and the media to shape the narrative. Part of that could be that we are willing to put our pick 5 and future first on the table if the right deal were able to be struck for a player or players that can replace Trac and other holes on our list. That could then open discussions regarding any potential deals for Petracca. 

If Petracca was to leave he’d leave a massive hole in our salary cap along with retirements and de-listings which could go close to $2.5m a year or more of cap space if you include Brayshaws contract and Ben Brown etc. That gives us plenty of cash as well as picks to chase someone like Reid if we are able to get that deal done. All hypotheticals of course but we can’t be victims in this process and stand still and beg Petracca to stay, we have to get on the front foot.

Harley Reid should be a target. He needs to get out of that goldfish bowl. WC are toxic and are going to ruin him. Even though it’s his first season he looks pretty frustrated. Though brilliant and dynamic he is angry and undisciplined and gives away too many frees. A couple of weeks ago he conceded a record number in a game for a WC player. 

Edited by John Crow Batty

4 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

Mate, stop blaming Darcy Moore. 

These issues that are raised are well before the injury.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Mate, stop blaming Darcy Moore. 

These issues that are raised are well before the injury.

Correct, I believe Trac is behaving like a petulant child through all of this, but the biggest worry is that the very legitimate issues that are at least in part fueling this end up being dismissed because Trac has approached this so poorly. 

The club needs a serious clean out and overhaul, we're a mess regardless of what Trac does. 

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, dees189227 said:

It's funny how things change.

I think the main question to come out of this for us, for opposition fans hoping to get him, for the footy world is exactly how invested is the guy in winning premierships and being part of a successful team. 

- Does MFC want someone who has tasted success but wants to bail when the going gets tough and wants to further their own interests?

- Does a potential suitor like Collingwood or Carlton going for a flag believe someone like this is all in on that philosophy? 

- Do the media think that someone who acts like this is the kind of guy a club should chase to put them over into the premiership frame?

If it's all about clickbait and big time transfers then cool, but if you're in the business of winning things then this story doesn't belong in that section of the paper. 

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Wonder if Adam Cerra will come back into trade calculations. 

Cerra can't get on the park. Would be a dumb move from us. Unless it's McKay and Cerra, but good luck with that one.

1 minute ago, wizardinoz said:

If he goes I don't think I could watch the 2021 GF ever again. ☹️

Wonder how many trac fridge magnets would be thrown out.

• Angry 1

12 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Oh, this has become a messy situation now ...

I don't think the List Management at Parc de Princes had Tracc to Carlton on their potential incoming whiteboard list but looks like the Blues are being sucked into this saga now. Probably the only 'Big Melbourne' club that could make such a trade work right now.

Not really seeing Carlton entertaining any trades involving Curnow, McKay, Cripps, Walsh, Weitering or Tom De Koning. This is seen as the spine of Carlton's 3 decade long drought breaking Premiership winning team in the next few years.

Cerra for Tracc, they both get to keep their Number 5 😁 ...

Oh and the Blues throw in a first round draft pick too ... 

Pittonet could be a back up ruck to Gawn as well ... 

Other trade possibility combinations could be one of Kennedy/Hewitt, Owies, Martin, a future 1st etc ...

As DL's resident Bagger, I am more concerned with who will be available to play Brisbane in 11 days time.

quality not quantity need to get deal done...

7 minutes ago, Ted Lasso said:

Correct, I believe Trac is behaving like a petulant child through all of this, but the biggest worry is that the very legitimate issues that are at least in part fueling this end up being dismissed because Trac has approached this so poorly. 

The club needs a serious clean out and overhaul, we're a mess regardless of what Trac does. 

You don't give a petulant child what they want.  I hope he stays and I hope he starts Casey next year for a week.  

Plenty of players have been dropped for far less showing a lack of respect for their teammates and the club.  

Edited by Jjrogan
  • Like 2
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Lucifers Hero said:

It seems to me people at the club are also feeding the media. eg

• That it was uncomfortable having Petracca at the club function last Sat night.
  • Players are angry at Petracca and want him out ...
  • Petracca asked to be traded at the exit interview.  I assume the only the attendees were Petracca, Goodwin and maybe Richardson. 

That to me doesn't look like a club that wants to mend a relationship. 

Both parties are trying to discredit each other.  Both parties are damaging the club.  Its getting ugly and will become a very messy divorce.

The sooner they both stop feeding the media the better.

imv its time to bring in a neutral mediator and get the differences on the table and talk them out.  I don't have confidence that anyone at the club knows how to do such mediating. 

Why would Melbourne leak that Trac asked to be traded mate?

That was 100% Trac.

• Like 10
  • Clap 1

59 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Doubt think Petracca would let anyone over-cookas he's worried the correlation will impact his cooking brand/insta

At the moment the fan-forced oven is on maximum.

• Like 1