Christian Petracca

30 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

Buckley    said it best on SEN  this morning . Its not the Christian Petrecca Football club.    Melbourne can sit back and let others work.        come to us with a good deal or No deal.         We hold all the cards.      Good trade  or come back with tail between the legs and grow up   

I RARELY agree with Buckley, but this is spot on.

Petracca is an amazing player, and was obviously an integral part of our premiership. I worry about what a team might look without him, mainly because we got a look into that in the second half of this season, and it didn't look very good. Admittedly, that was with an injury/preseason-hampered Clarry and Viney not at his best, and hopefully we get the best out of them next year - but Petracca is not an easily replaceable player for obvious reasons. Even if we were to get a McKay, that would not fix the problem. I was quite confident of us having one more crack at the flat next year, but no Trac would cause doubt.

That said, it doesn't matter - Trac is not bigger than the club, and we cannot allow him to derail next year before this year is even done! We have cash (a lot more if he goes), we need to plug some holes (of which he may be a giant one), so he needs to grow up and commit to the club and work together to fix the issues, or grow some balls and ask for the trade and deal with the outcome. 

It's not even September, and I am exhausted by all of this. I was exhausted last year with the constant media on Clarry, and now it's us, again. 

ENOUGH! The boys (who want to stay - being most of them, being re-signees) need to band together and commit to a big year next year, and ignoring the noise - which is in this case on one player. Sort out our training ground (one of Trac's gripes, apparently), play good, consistent footy, and stuff the rest. 

Seriously. 

• Like 12

Just now, Heart Beats True said:

Don’t worry guys, we’re in good hands with Tim Lamb sorting this out on the trade front 🤦🏼‍♂️

Lamb got a huge haul of picks for Jackson in fairness, even when he was OOC

Looks better by the day

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Goody appears to have most of the players onside. Tracc seems to be on the nose with most of them. Really dumb proposition.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 4

Am I the only one who thinks that Collingwood and Carlton are falling off a cliff soon?
Seems like their stars are mostly ageing, without a lot of quality coming through.

Strangely enough, the tiges might be closer to their next premiership than the other three ‘big’ clubs. Unless we give them tracc for 2-3 high draft picks?

And what’s the deal with him wanting to go to the pies? Sounds like some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome.

Maybe TDK/Curnow and a first round pick?

17 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

This is incredibly random.

Haha, I know. 

I'm just referring to the reports of Trac being unhappy with his we play and the negative defensive first game plan of goodwin. 

Sometimes a defensive football system emerges that is briefly successful until teams work out strategies to defeat it, you know by scoring more than the defensive minded team.  

Two years left on Goodwin's contract, what is there five years left on Trac's?

8 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

Why would Melbourne leak that Trac asked to be traded mate?

That was 100% Trac.

Correct

Trac has got exactly what he wanted, a situation so bad that keeping him becomes untenable.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, DiscoStu17 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Collingwood and Carlton are falling off a cliff soon?
Seems like their stars are mostly ageing, without a lot of quality coming through.

Strangely enough, the tiges might be closer to their next premiership than the other three ‘big’ clubs. Unless we give them tracc for 2-3 high draft picks?

And what’s the deal with him wanting to go to the pies? Sounds like some sort of weird Stockholm syndrome.

Maybe TDK/Curnow and a first round pick?

Falling off a cliff.... are they just behind us ???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jaded No More said:

I’m not sure why you find it so outlandish that young players are googling themselves and coming across this site. Maybe the internet wasn’t around when you were in your early 20s?

Everyone at the club knows about this site considering Demonland is a long term player sponsor and has had multiple players and FD members join the podcast. 
Hell, we have had family members of players openly post on here, and I’m sure there are dozens more who post anonymously.

WCW is not suggesting Max is reading George Demonland threads at bedtime, but I am sure plenty of young players go online to see what is being said about them, be it here or Bigfooty or social media. 

I am sure the club is telling them to keep away, but curiosity is part of human nature. 

I'm guessing if Trac's mental health isn't good, he would definitely not be scrolling Demonland to read people like you calling him names

The various people I know in the footy industry have never heard of Demonland forum (sorry Andy)

But if you believe players are reading this thread, which is what the original post was, good for you. I beg to differ, take it or leave it

Nice ageist slur, btw. From what you write, I reckon I'm younger than you

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I have no issues with Goodwin, he took up the coaching reigns from Paul Roos who based the game style around contested footy, we drafted players for that style, we won a flag playing that way.  Issue is the game always evolves, to me know it is about turnover footy, pressure at the contest that causes a turn over then sling shot the other way to attack.

The issues we face on the rebound we can't kick and end up turning the footy over which catches us out of position.

He coaches for the players ability we have.  Love to keep Trac but if we lose him we can set ourselves up for next tilt.  Maybe the hard call to let him go could be the right call to bring in 2 to 3 young players before the Tassie invasion on talent

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1

Do we know for sure that Tracca wants out?

If so, is he most likely angry at one or a few  people at the club?

Is this anger related to how his injury was handled? Being told to keep playing or events after?

Or perhaps towards staff or players over something else?

If he is and even if those concerns are legit is it right of him to move elsewhere?

Perhaps. I mean until we know the facts how can anyone make any judgment.

Or is it a case of all players should be loyal and overlook wrongs done against them for the sake of benefiting the club and it's future?

I feel that if Tracca wants out it's wrong.

And yea I'm contradicting myself because I don't have all the facts.

I also feel that Tracca if he hasn't should set these murmers straight. I may be wrong as he may have. ( I feel I'm just picking up snippets).

Maybe Tracca has been treated badly in some way.

But am I alone here in thinking that the club is bigger than just one person?

I mean if he is really devoted to our success shouldn't he stay and help us?

It's so conflicting.

I mean he's been a great player for us and seems so committed but now it feels somewhat the opposite.

Edited by leave it to deever

Just now, Flowergirl said:

What is the best thing the club could do now?

Start a proper rebuild 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

The next step now is for Petracca's camp (and potentially Collingwood or Carlton) to start over-cooking his injuries to bring his trade value down.

His injuries are very real, nothing needs to be exaggerated or over-cooked

Right now, he can't even go for a light jog and it's just 6 weeks to the trade window

What's alarming is that his heart rate can't go above 100 (for now)

During trade week (or beforehand) another suitor may well ask Petracca to go for a medical.  How is he going to pass a medical?

Now, he may well come good but when?

Let's reverse it ... would we as a club pursue a player with these obvious medical issues? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The club needs to make sure that the players maintain good relations with Trac over the next six weeks, especially with Wacky Wednesday tomorrow. (I think Trac probably won't attend given his injury and the situation but we don't need an incident.)

I still think it will be unlikely that we can strike a deal which is sufficient given the clubs he wants to go to have low draft capital.

We need to be confident that Trac will not be disruptive if no trade occurs and so we don't need an incident while the players are on the booze.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Moonshadow said:

I'm guessing if Trac's mental health isn't good, he would definitely not be scrolling Demonland to read people like you calling him names

The various people I know in the footy industry have never heard of Demonland forum (sorry Andy)

But if you believe players are reading this thread, which is what the original post was, good for you. I beg to differ, take it or leave it

Nice ageist slur, btw. From what you write, I reckon I'm younger than you

Trac probably doesn’t, no. 

Younger players absolutely would, and learn quickly that it’s not advisable. 

27 minutes ago, No. 31 said:

Oh, this has become a messy situation now ...

I don't think the List Management at Parc de Princes had Tracc to Carlton on their potential incoming whiteboard list but looks like the Blues are being sucked into this saga now. Probably the only 'Big Melbourne' club that could make such a trade work right now.

Not really seeing Carlton entertaining any trades involving Curnow, McKay, Cripps, Walsh, Weitering or Tom De Koning. This is seen as the spine of Carlton's 3 decade long drought breaking Premiership winning team in the next few years.

Cerra for Tracc, they both get to keep their Number 5 😁 ...

Oh and the Blues throw in a first round draft pick too ... 

Pittonet could be a back up ruck to Gawn as well ... 

Other trade possibility combinations could be one of Kennedy/Hewitt, Owies, Martin, a future 1st etc ...

As DL's resident Bagger, I am more concerned with who will be available to play Brisbane in 11 days time.

PAAAAAARK ME CERRA Has the Hamstrings of an ant A FRIGGEN BIG NOOOOOOOO 🤮

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, Macca said:

What else could the club have done with Oliver?  He goes off the rails with whatever issues he had so that's on Clarrie

As for Petracca, I'm in two minds.  One part of me just wants to just get rid of the bloke but why give him what he wants? 

Or possibly burn the $1Million per season and make him see out his contract.  Playing at Casey wouldn't do much for Brand Petracca so he'd soon come to the party

But do we want the day to day circus to continue?  This is why the player nearly always has the upper hand (if they want out)

The other glaring issue is Petracca's current fitness and if that lowers his market value.  If so, it can't be a high-end sale, more like a fire sale

And I'm wondering why more people aren't talking (here) about his ability (or inability) to ever get back to his best.  It's a very real issue with regards to getting the proper trade value for Petracca

A lot of variables for sure

A colleague at work told me the emergency team said his injuries were equivalent to a car crash victim (i can;t remeber where my colleague said he heard that from). As bad as they've seen. I've no idea know how truthful that is but there is a question mark as to whether he will fully recover.

I don't think making him play at Casey is practical. cutting our nose off to spite our face. IF Trac is that unhappy then we are forced to trade. Trac's brand would be very diminished as well so i can;t see him pushing this option either.

If the club could somehow bring in a top 10 pick and maybe a late first rounder I reckon JT would turn those into good players for us. Not sure how that could eventuate but I sure know we don't want to be bottoming out when the Tassy team enters the comp. that would be a disaster.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Trac has a contract full stop, if Trac wants to go I hope the club makes a stand and says bad luck you are honouring the contract, Trac should also swallow some concrete and harden up things happen in life that don't go your way it's how you deal with it, also sometimes people think they are more important than they are, maybe that's the case here.

Whatever is going on it needs to be cleaned up before the end of the year.

Agreed. Or if hes truly signalled intent to move on, the club should decide 100 per cent if it's beneficial for us to make a trade.

The club comes first always.