PREGAME: Rd 20 vs GWS

10 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Sparrow out is left field but fair given our midfield was horrible last week. 
Not sure Laurie will do better tho. 

God help us with the rumours about May and Lever are true. Disco will certainly have to go back to cover May and Howes will replace Lever? 
Surely they’d have Tomlinson as emergency if May was in doubt. 

I dont think it’s left field he has been mediocre most of the season. I hope they allow Laurie time to play as a half forward/ mid and hopefully he makes the most of the chance. Cant see either of May/Lever being in doubt without Tomlinson as cover but hey we did play without a ruck last week so…..

• Like 5

Disappointing to lose Tholstrup but we're very likely going to be better off without Salem and Sparrow on their current output.

Last roll of the dice time for us this season, so Gawn Lever and May must all play if remotely fit.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Lil_red_fire_engine said:

I dont think it’s left field he has been mediocre most of the season. I hope they allow Laurie time to play as a half forward/ mid and hopefully he makes the most of the chance. Cant see either of May/Lever being in doubt without Tomlinson as cover but hey we did play without a ruck last week so…..

I meant left field in terms of I never expected him to get dropped. Certainly after our garbage performance in the midfield last week, something had to give and Sparrow has been in average form for a while now. No issues for me. 
More concerned that Laurie is not going to give us more. Hope I’m wrong. 

• Like 3

On 22/07/2024 at 06:54, dazzledavey36 said:

WTF does Kynan Brown have to do to get a game.. A FRIGGEN DEESGRACE

Bailey Laurie is NOT up to it!! BROWN DOG better than Woewodin as well but he's got a few credits. I WILL be interesting at Casey this weekend

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 3

On 24/07/2024 at 13:09, DubDee said:

How long has it been since we took a significant amount of intercept marks and controlled a game?  Teams have worked us out and make Lever accountable.

I'd bring in Hore for Salem in the hope of him plus Lever/May taking control of the ball in the air.  GWS have good tall fwds

IN Hore, Gawn, Brown

OUT, Salem, Kolt, Turner/Sparrow

I'd say about 12 days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

When was the last time he played at Casey?

Most recent that I could find were 5 games he played for Casey back in 2021. Averaged about 23 touches during that stretch.

• Thanks 3

Laurie has been in excellent form and deserves another shot

Brown puts a couple together like last week he’ll be in soon for sure

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Sparrow will never be dropped he’s Goodys best mate 

Goody unwell.... unable to attend match committee meeting....out Sparrow

PS Humour

Edited by Roger Mellie
PS
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mellie said:

Goody unwell.... unable to attend match committee meeting....out Sparrow

PS Humour

I can see him screaming from his hospital bed

Tom!!! i’m sorry! 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

2021 Granny

7-1-7-14

Last week

8-4-7-15

Ok. Mesmerised by our flag. Thought everyone was outstanding.  Edit. When was the last time Sparrow played a decent game?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

2021 Granny

7-1-7-14

Last week

8-4-7-15

Tom Sparrow’s kicking and positioning was sublime in the Granny kicked 1 and helped set up 4. He was on fire but was playing high half forward. Tom’s best mate was JJ and they shared a house together, the changes may have unsettled him, I am a huge Sparrow fan but statistically he has dropped right off. Hope he gets it all back together.

• Like 7

Good changes overall 

Captain and Ruck back

2 fresh youngsters in

Sparrow will hopefully get in form at Casey in the next few weeks 

• Thanks 1

I've given up trying to predict selection and picking a team and giving my compelling reasons why I am 100% right and they should leave team selection to me.

Having said that, the team this week, given the unavailables and injured, is about as good as we could put together.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

There are people on here who have admitted that they refuse to go to games to "protest" against what they perceive to be poor performance of the club.

Our own members admit they don't go to games. Hard to blame the media from having a dig at us then.

FWIW I agree with the other posters who are concerned we will get a lower crowd than the 19k Richmond got two weeks ago. We might play well on Saturday nights but we don't draw good crowds to them, even at the best of times. I reckon we'd do better crowd-wise if this was 1.10pm Sunday. 

Well me and Mrs Right have flown down from Brisbane for the game, so that's 2 more than usual!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hope Laurie cracks hard on the defensive end and spends some time at centre bounce. He has never really had a chance to play mid in the firsts, usually stuck in the HF graveyard shift. He is a great tackler and can be clean in traffic.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Queanbeyan Demon said:

I'd say about 12 days.

I was thinking against non bottom 3 oppo but point taken

• Like 1

The omission of Sparrow is absolutely the right call. He is definitely in the firing line after the insipid performance on the weekend. 

This is the first time in a long time a (borderline) senior player has been omitted. I'm sure ill be corrected, but it is was long overdue given some of the performances this club has put up. Going after the junior players is an easy out and im glad this was done. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Deelectable said:

Ok. Mesmerised by our flag. Thought everyone was outstanding.  Edit. When was the last time Sparrow played a decent game?

I was under the impression that Sparrow usually had a role to play on a key oppo player. Clearly he didn't do that effectively last week. And clearly he is not a stats accumulator

Against the Blues in rd 9 he played well.  22 D/ 17K/6M/2T/7i50s/

• Like 5

What does K.Brown got to do to get a game in the seniors ? So many out of form seniors players still get games, are we tanking ? or is Goody and co. bad at coaching? Lets send message to to the footy world , come to this club and expect to get shafted. More or less they will avoid us. We will lose by 53 pts against GWS. If I was Kynan I would f.ck off from this club before he goes backwards.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

I was under the impression that Sparrow usually had a role to play on a key oppo player. Clearly he didn't do that effectively last week. And clearly he is not a stats accumulator

Against the Blues in rd 9 he played well.  22 D/ 17K/6M/2T/7i50s/

I don’t follow these things that closely so I am welcome to be corrected but are we doing to Sparrow what we did to Jordan? To me he has a lot of AFL level attributes. However he doesn’t have a set role, rather he is on the wing, down back, in the centre bounces, tagging mids or small forwards, blah, blah. Have I got that wrong? I think Jordan had no specific, permanent role with us and went off to the Swans to get a specific role and blossom from there. 

• Like 2