Jack Viney - Legend

D Rev

Given the amount of youth that we are playing at the moment, the senior players out or underperforming, I was thinking how lucky we are to have Jack Viney in the side.

Yes, he had a better season last year with Trac and Oliver firing, but he has really been incredible this season with his leadership and continued efforts.

As a very social person, I was re-watching the Brisbane game and he was absolutely incredible in it.

We are super lucky to have him.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1

Jack Viney never ceases to amaze me, his never say die resilience allows him to just keep giving and giving for the team the kids must love that JV has their backs and I have noticed that our kids are also adopting his tough never take a step back behaviours. He will certainly end his career as a Legend of the MFC. Love Jack.

ps(loved Todd as well)

Edited by DeeZone
Added ztodd
  • Like 3
  • Clap 1

Our JV7 was a wonderful captain and is still a wonderful captain when he steps up in Max’s absence. Jack is red and blue to the core. ❤️💙

No matter how good a player is or isn't, my favourite feature will always be the strength of character it takes to grow and change.

Pickett's growing maturity and game sense, Melksham's late-career 'patron saint of goal assists' shift, Tom McDonald's switch forward, then back, and finally the transition to having sheer calmness be his leading trait, and even Kade Chandler's relentless efforts to claw away and overcome his weaknesses.

Looking a little further back, there's the excellent effort Nathan Jones went to, dropping weight and adding agility to extend his career and make himself a bit more versatile after a decade digging to the bottom of packs.

But maybe Viney did the hardest thing - never mind overcoming rubbish injury runs - when he rebounded from being dropped from the co-captaincy by consciously adapting the way he interacted with and led his teammates. 

When you're as good as Viney is, and part of club nobility, it takes good character to be humble.

Also, it is difficult to describe his literal and figurative hardness without resorting to memes.

Touch wood we can see him play 300. There's no evident reason why not.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Clap 3

One of my all time favs

We don’t win a flag without him imo

Adds some much needed hardness and mental toughness. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DubDee said:

One of my all time favs

We don’t win a flag without him imo

Adds some much needed hardness and mental toughness. 

Couldn’t agree more. 

His contribution to that flag is criminally underrated by most. Set the tone early by smashing Macrae. Then was involved in all the bang goals. Everyone goes on about Jackson but you’ll see Viney was the extractor. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Utter beast, and the truest of red and blue legends. With Max and Nibbler, also the heart of reliability in the team.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, Roost it far said:

When he ripped that ball out of McInerney’s arms in that epic Brisbane win last year and kicks the goal. Thats one of my favourite goal’s ever. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Jack saying Hello to free WIFI 🤣

This was taken half an hour ago in the Virgin lounge at the airport by a DA member.

B874821B-32A0-4B2B-B4DC-356B7CC5932E.thumb.jpeg.87ba36a43bd681b91644f6d410491f57.jpeg

I thought they flew out yesterday but they’re boarding to leave now. Then straight to the captain’s run.

GO YOU MIGHTY DEES!

PS how lucky are the players that I’m not on their flight 😂

Edited by WalkingCivilWar

18 hours ago, binman said:

When jack steps on a nail, the nail needs the tetanus shot.

I am not joking when I say tougher than Matthews, and 5 times a better human. When I was a little kid I was sad Leigh didn't play for us, even though I adored Robbie, I wanted that tough and hard player that was feared. Now I say I prefer Jack in every respect.

Edited by DEE fence
Praise.

Both he and his old man are/were hard as cats heads. Best father/son I reckon for MFC and close to all of the AFL

Yes Todd was an incredibly tough player, for the younger members on here, the era Todd played in was really tough. 
The rules of the day were very loose, the Hip & Shoulder was applauded and Players were beginning to become professional, so the Fitness of Players was improving. 
The Hits were hard…

and yes Jack’s performance was sublime, in the GF, on a par with Tracc, just hard to see

Edited by Sir Why You Little

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.