Oliver Trade Rumours

Oxdee

2 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

That would amaze me but if you know that, then you know it. But I stand by what I said. He is forever kissing Geelong's you know what, and on the rare occasions that he isn't, he is bagging Melbourne.

The only team he bags more than Melbourne, is North Melbourne, who he does support. But he has a weird obsession with Geelong. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mo64 said:

Lamb and co. can deny that Oliver was "shopped around", but we wouldn't have 100 pages of "Oliver trade rumours" if he wasn't.

I think it's probably a question of semantics. For Lamb, back-room offers and calls to check on availability or hint that player X could be available for the right place are probably everyday occurrences.

For the rest, we don't know who did what in all this. Between MFC, Geelong, Oliver's manager and any number of others who might have been across what was gong on, we'll probably never know the details.

• Like 5
  • Clap 1

8 hours ago, SPC said:

This will be hugely unpopular, but I believe with limited knowledge of the internal situation, that Melbourne will regret not trading one or more of Clarry, Trac or Kos. I have a feeling that one or more will request a trade next year. 
Happy to be wrong, hoping I’m wrong.. 

I suspect at least two and probably all three will 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

I suspect at least two and probably all three will 

Geez, I hope the talent pool in the 2025 draft is a good one, sounds like we are going to have about 10 first rounders

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

That would amaze me but if you know that, then you know it. But I stand by what I said. He is forever kissing Geelong's you know what, and on the rare occasions that he isn't, he is bagging Melbourne.

Bagging Melbourne has become an art form.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Flowergirl said:

The only team he bags more than Melbourne, is North Melbourne, who he does support. But he has a weird obsession with Geelong. 

I reckon we're a distant second behind Gold Coast. He has been brutal on them all year.

3 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

I am seriously over this so called modern sports journalism

You can say that about all journalism these days. Just propaganda and mushroom farming whether it’s sports, geo politics, identity, left or right, there’s bull for every demographic. 90% one reads or sees in MSM is pure bull and hype. MSM doesn’t make money from traditional sources anymore like advertising, direct sales or subscriptions like it used to. Once it could keep a modicum of independence because it could generate its own finances. Now it relies on shilling for vested interests that now pay the bills. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Satyriconhome said:

It gives you a reference number, which I can quite happily follow up direct with a few AFL personages, easy to find emails.

I am seriously over this so called modern sports journalism

Do something about it

• Thinking 1

34 minutes ago, Bowserpower said:

Do something about it

Not sure if serious,  but he already is, that's the point of his posts. Perhaps read them all 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

I thought he was TWSNBN

7 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

100%

Enough of the sulking and whinging and start having a crack 

Can't blame the maggot MSM for everything, but they do sulk and whinge........ and drink.

• Vomit 1

7 hours ago, SthSea22 said:

100%

Enough of the sulking and whinging and start having a crack 

& that’s on club. Start wanting to be great, again. Start talking footy.

• Like 3

Ironically, today’s Herald Sun carries an article by Scott Gullan entitled “AFL ‘AUSTRALIAN FESTIVAL OF LIES’ IN TRADE SEASON Clubs ‘hoodwink’ fans”.

No need to guess who the major hoodwinker happens to be.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Ironically, today’s Herald Sun carries an article by Scott Gullan entitled “AFL ‘AUSTRALIAN FESTIVAL OF LIES’ IN TRADE SEASON Clubs ‘hoodwink’ fans”.

No need to guess who the major hoodwinker happens to be.

Would love to see the AFL journalists called out on the show 'Media Watch', however I suspect there would be too much material for their show and would blowout to become a daily 30 minute show instead. 

Edited by Lexinator
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, bing181 said:

I think it's probably a question of semantics. For Lamb, back-room offers and calls to check on availability or hint that player X could be available for the right place are probably everyday occurrences.

For the rest, we don't know who did what in all this. Between MFC, Geelong, Oliver's manager and any number of others who might have been across what was gong on, we'll probably never know the details.

100% agree. With that being the case, why are posters on here obsessed with potting the media, as if it's totally fabricated. You've even got a poster writing a complaint to the AFL, when they have no idea of what is accurate and what is not.

Supporters should be more upset with how the club have handled this rather than how the media have reported it.

Edited by mo64
  • Clap 1

16 minutes ago, mo64 said:

100% agree. With that being the case, why are posters on here obsessed with potting the media, as if it's totally fabricated. You've even got a poster writing a complaint to the AFL, when they have no idea of what is accurate and what is not.

Supporters should be more upset with how the club have handled this rather than how the media have reported it.

That is the whole point, it is a fabrication or so it seems and it is undermining the club.

Most of the so called issues have been driven by the media

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

That is the whole point, it is a fabrication or so it seems and it is undermining the club.

How do you know that? The club could easily have told Oliver, his management and the Geelong FC that he will be held to his contract, and there is no story. They clearly didn't, otherwise Oliver wouldn't have met with Geelong players.

To say it's media driven is nonsense. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Satyriconhome said:

Give me a spell, the club is a basketcase and is being run into the ground by a bunch of amateurs. They deserve everything they're copping, supporters should be demanding accountability not making excuses and blindly cheerleading the management of the club.

• Like 1
  • Clap 2